[Q] Allshare, root, & MA7. Work for anyone? [SOLVED]

Search This thread

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I was able to use my allshare cast hub exactly one time after upgrading to MA7 and rooting. Using Triangle Away 2.60, my status was normal, but Allshare would keep disconnecting as if I was modified.

Has anyone been able to use Allshare (or MHL since it has the same limitation) and root on MA7?

I reverted to LJC, but would like to disable the exynos exploit permanently. (Exynos Abuse set at boot will cause status to change to modified)

Thank you.

Update:

*** Billard412's Stock MA7 ROM resolved the issue ***

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Re: [Q] Allshare, root, & MA7. Work for anyone?

I can only say allshare works over wifi even if you're rooted and custom rom. I don't have the dongle but I have a samsung tv that has allshare.

I have to say it's pretty crap though. It doesn't display the phones screen on the tv, it lets the tv access some files on the phone and the tv plays them itself. Only some video and audio codecs work, only the stock video player not youtube or netflix etc.

I hope the smart dock works better since I want to use things like better terminal emulator pro and a regular desktop creen keyboard & mouse.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

I have to say it's pretty crap though. It doesn't display the phones screen on the tv, it lets the tv access some files on the phone and the tv plays them itself. Only some video and audio codecs work, only the stock video player not youtube or netflix etc.

I hope the smart dock works better since I want to use things like better terminal emulator pro and a regular desktop creen keyboard & mouse.

The hub mirrors the screen on my TV perfectly. I use my phone as my primary pc. Using the Complete Linux Installer, Ubuntu 12.04 runs flawlessly with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With Splashtop I can control every PC in the house in the same way. It makes allshare a necessary feature.

I am even thinking about dropping my wired internet entirely.

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

I was able to flash the MA7 kernel, but otherwise stay on LJC. This fixed the exynos vulnerability and allows me to use allshare cast.

Thank you Team WHOMP

uploadfromtaptalk1361188202767.jpg

Reactions: aquaholik

k3v0

Nov 6, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I tried again to upgrade fully to MA7 with root and all share. No luck, though I had my first soft brick. Odin, Billard412's LJC revert, my nandroid, Triangle Away and I was back in business. Thanks to XDA and all the great developers, I had an enjoyable learning experience (once I was able to get download mode. ;) )

Edit: Eventually got everything working on MA7 (thanks XDA!). Now on MC2 with a note8 mod, allshare still working :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I was able to flash the MA7 kernel, but otherwise stay on LJC. This fixed the exynos vulnerability and allows me to use allshare cast.

Thank you Team WHOMP

uploadfromtaptalk1361188202767.jpg