NXP Controller HCE for Google Wallet

Search This thread

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Once you have everything decompiled, I'll start to get another email campaign going to Dan Rosenberg, koush, hashcode and maybe dhacker. If they can solve it, it'll get merged. Hopefully they can help, otherwise, I'll call in some others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
The oppo has NXP? That is kind of odd, I would figure that they'd put it together with a working wallet

Lots of devices have NXP chips. The Galaxy S4 is one of the only non-Nexus devices I know of with an NCI-compliant chipset (These are all Broadcom chips, but apparently NCI is not a division of Broadcom but a new standard for NFC controller interfacing). Sony Xperias all use NXP chips too.

Last edited:

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
This should mean the pressure is on for Google to release the chipset drivers if they cleared the oppo for CM.

Edit: either Google or NXP should be under pressure.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2010
Good news! I've contacted Google Wallet tier 3 support, and from what the advisor told me, I understood he might be pushing the Android Development team to include the NXP stack in 4.4.3. Don't take my word for it, as he said he "may not release confidential information to the end-user"

Last edited:

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Wow, amazing. Please pm me how you got in touch with him. I'll put a professional letter together that will gain some more attention.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
This should mean the pressure is on for Google to release the chipset drivers if they cleared the oppo for CM.

Edit: either Google or NXP should be under pressure.

No reason for this, considering that:
1) They only approved 4.3 on the N1
2) HCE support is not required for GMS approval on KitKat as evidenced by grouper and tilapia

Azbulldog

Jul 16, 2012
I just received my first NFC-enabled debit card today, and am saddened to find that my phone is still unsupported, unless there is something I missed. Has there been any further progress on this project?

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
We are still waiting for him to finish decompiling the files.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Borderpatrol1987

Dec 5, 2012
CIncinnati
Sorry for the delay guys, I manage a retail store, and had to get through some cleanup projects that stole all my time. I intend to work on this later tonight and tomorrow.

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app

azreark1

Apr 15, 2013
allrighty,

Here's what I could pull out that wasn't in binary.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BweamVOxcuOmLXBsWHdLMHNtbHM&usp=sharing

Code 1 - 5 are what I pulled out tonight.

If you cant access GDrive and want to host them else where let me know.

Drew

Okay, so this is probably a really stupid question but what exactly are we looking for? I'd love to help out and have tons of time on my shift to sift through these files if i knew what i was looking for...

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Okay, so this is probably a really stupid question but what exactly are we looking for? I'd love to help out and have tons of time on my shift to sift through these files if i knew what i was looking for...

What we are doing is decompiling the jni code for more experienced coders to discover what code is missing from the HCE driver, then to add that code to the AOSP HCE driver.

azreark1

Apr 15, 2013
Where are the hce drivers located?

Posted from my Outlaw(unlocked) XT926, Verizon can suck it.

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
It's in any NXP Google Edition phone's ROM

HTC one, LG G2, etc.

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Unfortunately not. The Google wallet team is on this as well. We should see something in the next Android version if anything.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts