Proximity sensor problem after upgrading to kitkat 4.4

Search This thread

nourworld

Apr 29, 2014
Dear support team,
i had a serious problem in my device galaxy mega 6.3 I9205
after i flashed the CM11 custom rom of android kit kat 4.4.2 on my device
i faced a serious problem, that the screen go black while a phone call is in progress,
and there is no way to light up the screen except after ending the call,
it seems that there is a problem regarding the sensors of the phone,
especially the problem is extended to the flip cover , the screen should react according to the cover is put on it or not,

so please help me, because i couldn't use my phone while a phone call is in progress...

Thank You ..

bsvinod

May 13, 2009
Bangalore
OnePlus 8
same problem

Dear support team,
i faced a serious problem, that the screen go black while a phone call is in progress,
especially the problem is extended to the flip cover , the screen should react according to the cover is put on it or not,

so please help me, because i couldn't use my phone while a phone call is in progress...

Thank You ..
Hi....
I am also having the same problem....

FILIP S.

May 12, 2014
Warsaw
And the same problem with my Mega 6.3 after flashing CM11 4.4.2 rom by silesh.nair. Somebody knows what's wrong with our phones???

FILIP S.

May 12, 2014
Warsaw
No one helps :( I've installed program that shows proximity sensor values and it's look like sensor in my mega doesn't works correctly. It's recognizing "near" all the time and don't response for any actions. Maybe sensor is broken. I've tried to change sensor values, but it doesn't help anyway. I have probably lost warranty after flashing CM11 and really don't know what to do now :(

Sorry for my poor english...

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Dear support team,

Thank You ..

No one helps :( I've installed program that shows proximity sensor values and it's look like sensor in my mega doesn't works correctly. It's recognizing "near" all the time and don't response for any actions. Maybe sensor is broken. I've tried to change sensor values, but it doesn't help anyway. I have probably lost warranty after flashing CM11 and really don't know what to do now :(

Sorry for my poor english...

Flash a custom ROM/Kernel and see if the sensors are fixed. If they aren't then it might be a bug or hardware failure

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from the "China who bans Google"
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

khudko83

May 31, 2014
i9100 proximity sensor doesn't work

Hi to all!
I have the issue with proximity sensor and didn't manage to find a solution in other similar threads!
The matter is that it is always stay as Released.
In the same time in test screen (*#0*#) there are changing reading for PROXIMITY parameter from 2 up to 240 with no ADC parameter at all. Please look for screenshots. PROXIMITY parameter changes its value when I move my finger in front of the sensor, but as I can understand Android doesn't recognize it because of ADC absence.
Moreover I tried to change proximity sensor for working one (from another phone), but it shows the same as mine (with no ADC readings).
After all I think it is software problem, but I don't know how to solve it. I flashed different firmwares (now it is XWMSE NeatROM v.6.4), but nothing helped.
Please assist! Thanks!