[TUTORIAL] Root HTC explorer

Search This thread

Bhawar

Mar 27, 2013
Delhi
Note: after rooting dont restore to factory setting if you don´t want to end up in a bootloop, if this or similar happens you have to install a custom rom to fix it.
I accidently Factory Reset my Explorer (Rooted) and now it got struck at HTC logo screen :(

Please tell me how to fix it ...

P.S. - I'm just a beginner in Rooting process. So please provide step by step solution.
Thanks a lot :)

muzaffarali

Feb 10, 2016
HTC explorer I have tried every thing with my phone to activate 3g data on my phone but I am still unable to get 3g signals. I have turned on WCDMA prefer settings. I live in that area where 3g signals are excellent (while checking on other handset like Samsung) I have use *#*#4636#*#* for WCDMA only settings but it loss the signals. I have hard rest my phone but nothing happens with my phone. I have a rooted set and trying every stock and custom rom available on Xda forum for htc explorer but I have no success to gain 3g signals. I live in Pakistan and also bought this set in Pakistan. Every senior member is requested to help me.

Klucznik1

Jul 16, 2014
Hi All,

I tried to root my Explorer 310e and unfortunately I got it into a bootloop. I read the entire thread and I know this was covered as few people ended up in the same situation. But for me it's a little bit different. The phone boots up, shows HTC green logo, sits there for 5-7 secs. Than reboots again into CWM recovery.

Q: The only way to get it out of this is to flash a custom ROM?
Q: If that is the case then I lose everything which is on the phone, right?

I have made a backup of current ROM using CWM on the SD card, but of course restore does not help, still boots into CWM.

Q: If I flash a custom ROM can I retrieve the data which I backed up? If so how?

Been at it for days now so any help greatly appreciated.

shree alwaz

Jul 2, 2012
bombay
Hi All,

I tried to root my Explorer 310e and unfortunately I got it into a bootloop. I read the entire thread and I know this was covered as few people ended up in the same situation. But for me it's a little bit different. The phone boots up, shows HTC green logo, sits there for 5-7 secs. Than reboots again into CWM recovery.

Q: The only way to get it out of this is to flash a custom ROM?
Q: If that is the case then I lose everything which is on the phone, right?

I have made a backup of current ROM using CWM on the SD card, but of course restore does not help, still boots into CWM.

Q: If I flash a custom ROM can I retrieve the data which I backed up? If so how?

Been at it for days now so any help greatly appreciated.
I am not using this from since long. However I can help you out. Since you have back up of your stock rom. I suggest you to download a custom ROM and keep it in internal storage now wipe cache,dalvik, then flash the Rom. This may help you to rid of bootloop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to create a clean tutorial (as the method started with several bugs and issues) for those who want to root their HTC explorer.
    will be editing it as new improvements appear.

btw, this will NOT change anything in your phone, it just make root access possible, if you want overclock and ext-2/3/4 partitions posible look here once you finish rooting with this tutorial.

1. Install HTC Sync on your PC

you can download it from: www.htc.com/www/help/htc-explorer/#download
    (needed so computer recognises commands)

2. Unlock your phone's bootloader

- Following the steps in www.htcdev.com/bootloader

Note: HTC Explorer isn´t listed as a working device yet but it has been tested and works perfectly. Choose "all other supported models" when selecting device.

3. Add a recovery

That will allow you to install .zip ROMs. You can access to it in the menu android phones have when booting the phone after removing-inserting the battery and pressing "volume down" and "power" buttons simultaneously. (Other phones have different button combinations).

- Download View attachment 913094
    - extract it in any window on your PC (ie: C:\HTC)
    - run the recovery.bat with phone in fastboot mode (first option in the "3 android menu" ) and connected with usb.

Note: I edited the recovery.bat and removed any unnecessary commands so no errors occur

Done! You got the recovery installed if no errors, you can now install any compatible .zip ROM or app.

4. ROOT the device

- Place this View attachment Superuser.zip file somewhere in the microSD first.
    - Go into Recovery mode ("volume down" + "power")
    - install Superuser.zip with the option "install .zip from sd" from the recovery menu.

Note: after rooting dont restore to factory setting if you don´t want to end up in a bootloop, if this or similar happens you have to install a custom rom to fix it.
    ROOTED !!
    once rooted my advice is to install "link2sd". Excellent application after making a fat32 partition of your SD with programs like MiniTool partition wizard

It moves all applications directly to the SD when configuring it in automatic mode. (the entire application, not like the inbuilt phone option). See post # 9 for instructions.

enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------
    I am not able to get this link2 sd thing work on my official Asian rom

jaggyjags, can u guide me on this one??

Sure! same procedure for both asian and stock rom (and any other y suppose).

using minitool wizard

make two primary fat32 partitions (not logical) of your micro sd. plug to computer using a sd card or usb adapter (dont plug phone by usb). the main partition at the left which will be the one detected by windows and then the second one (the rest of the available space).

And thats it, select the type of partition when opening link2sd and you will need to reboot to start moving apps (the app will ask to reboot).
    note that if at anytime you clean rom partition (option in recovery) you will need to format the second partition again as this option makes it a ext-3 format and it is not supported.

Once in automatic, apps will install directly to the partition but if you link them manually you need to reboot to see the changes (at least me :) )
    Thank you very much jaggy jags.

I did a test with superuser, and changing the files you said to "root explorer", but still giving error WIFI.

Definitely use the "plan B" and flashing the ROM China. Now they will wait out a new "European ROM" cooked.

Find the link in this forum for the European RUU, only I have not got the tools and skills to cook.

Sorry for my bad English, I use "go Translator"

Sorry about that. I should have mentioned the files permissions have to be the same. I haven't checked this by myself I cannot confirm. I edited main post to say this.
    @Jaggy. for link2sd, which ext r u using for sdcard partition , 1 2 3 ??????

Fat32 partition :)
    No other format is supported by our rom.
    I will be reuploading the recovery in a while with the .bat edited and clarifying the fat32 format.
    So are you sure the recovery will be flashed just as good without the boot.img ?
    Reason for WIFI error after rooting

Just jumping in for letting u guyz know the reason reason for why u get wifi error

The zip "A310e_recovery...." has a boot.img in it, which is basically a kernel and if for any android device you flash a kernel you need dhk.ko or similar file (which should be in system/lib/modules) as mention alot earlier by jaggy. (this dhk.ko is a file which acompanies kernel/boot.img to run the data connection and wifi and other stuffs)

So basically to avoid all these, simple step is:
    You can open recovery.bat present in the zip with a text editor (i suggest Notepad ++, default windows notepad will mess up the files) and delete the line "fastboot flash boot boot.img". now save and exit.

So, Dont flash the boot.img as it is not giving u guys any benefit. just flash recovery.img

@Jaggy. for link2sd, which ext r u using for sdcard partition , 1 2 3 ??????