NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

Search This thread

sokis8

Feb 21, 2013
Hello. I have purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a seller here in Greece and since upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 have had an issue with NFC. I reset the phone but problem does exist.The Icon in the notification bar to turn it on/off is blank, and nothing happens when I press it. If I then go into Settings>More Settings and then turn NFC on, it works. The icon in the Notification Bar then goes green and the NFC icon appears. However, then when I press the icon in the Notification bar I get the "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." message, and I need to restart the phone. Have tried adding and removing the icon from the notifications bar, but that hasn't helped. Is this a bug? I have heared that some people have the same problem.

Attachments

• ss1qr.png
    ss1qr.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 692
  • ss2qt.png
    ss2qt.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 677
Reactions: a.fontenele

tehaerpl

Jan 12, 2013
Odp: NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

I had the same problem on my s3 and note2 but it seems that the bug has been fixed in the latest SW. I am working at Samsung's RD so I can inform devs very quickly about issues ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: slaphead20

j@cks

Dec 18, 2010
Looks that it's working with the latest BTU EMB5 (for me it is)

Regards
J@cks

Ryanscobberwash

Oct 8, 2012
Hull
Hello. I have purchase the Samsung Galaxy S3 from a seller here in Greece and since upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 have had an issue with NFC. I reset the phone but problem does exist.The Icon in the notification bar to turn it on/off is blank, and nothing happens when I press it. If I then go into Settings>More Settings and then turn NFC on, it works. The icon in the Notification Bar then goes green and the NFC icon appears. However, then when I press the icon in the Notification bar I get the "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." message, and I need to restart the phone. Have tried adding and removing the icon from the notifications bar, but that hasn't helped. Is this a bug? I have heared that some people have the same problem.

you have to take the toggle out of the notification bar, reboot then you can add it again and it will work :) however whenever you reboot the phone or at least most of the time you reboot the phone it will vanish again and you have to repeat what i said. its the only annoying thing about the phone to me and it is definitely a fw issue just hope it gets fixed. havent tried emb5 so cant say if that fixed it or not :)

Reactions: fliptechnologies

st0rmik

Aug 24, 2010
I have the same problem with newest EMC2 stock rom but method of Ryanscobberwash works for me.

stavrosd2006

Jul 8, 2007
Heraklio-Crete
I have the same problem with newest EMC2 stock rom but method of Ryanscobberwash works for me.

i have same problem with EUR ROM.
i thought it will disappear if i install another csc,i tried SEE for southern Europe but still
the same.
its a pity since i want NFC but i want to switch off my phone when not needed.
Samsung service here in Crete was unable to fix it.
they want to send it to Samsung Athens.:confused:

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
Xblast Tools (xposed framework module) fixes this problem. (Try playing with the notifications tranparency. It also boosts the statusbar/notifications when pulling down up. It makes it far more fluent.) I am on stock 4.1.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odp: NFC Icon in Notifications Bar Not Working!

I had the same problem on my s3 and note2 but it seems that the bug has been fixed in the latest SW. I am working at Samsung's RD so I can inform devs very quickly about issues ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

you have to take the toggle out of the notification bar, reboot then you can add it again and it will work :) however whenever you reboot the phone or at least most of the time you reboot the phone it will vanish again and you have to repeat what i said. its the only annoying thing about the phone to me and it is definitely a fw issue just hope it gets fixed. havent tried emb5 so cant say if that fixed it or not :)