Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Honestly... why don't you just hit the unsubscribe button? You obviously have nothing to add and the tread appears to frustrate you. You on some kind of mission?

These are still donations. Nobody is going to be sore if someone doesn't make good on their pledge. It's very different than selling a service. When there is an exchange for goods or services there can be a dispute and all kinds of messes if the person doesn't deliver or they deliver but the buyer does not pay.

Such is not the case. All that's happening here is asking for some honesty and making good with a pledge. I hope those donating understand this, but I have a feeling they do.

Can't we all just.... get along?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

With all due respect because I know you mean well, you are wrong. Any time there is an "if" involved in a donation, it is no longer a donation, it is "pay-for-play" and a violation of forum rules.

When we say we will pay the developers "if" they produce, it is NOT a donation. You can call it a donation but it is not.

I have formerly made a request to the Moderators that this thread be shut as it should have been months ago. Threads like this are Pandora's box. Do you want the entire Developer's Forum filled with "bounty" threads like this one? Of course you don't, but where does it end? You allowed this thread, how can you then deny others the same chance?

It's wrong - it needs to be closed or the Moderators need to come in here and explain why this thread is NOT a violation of policy and then welcome any and all thread like this in the future.

** Why don't I just unsubscribe? Am I on a mission? Yes, I am. A mission to save xda from destroying its credibility with "bounty" threads.

Lento10

Apr 4, 2010
With all due respect because I know you mean well, you are wrong. Any time there is an "if" involved in a donation, it is no longer a donation, it is "pay-for-play" and a violation of forum rules.

When we say we will pay the developers "if" they produce, it is NOT a donation. You can call it a donation but it is not.

I have formerly made a request to the Moderators that this thread be shut as it should have been months ago. Threads like this are Pandora's box. Do you want the entire Developer's Forum filled with "bounty" threads like this one? Of course you don't, but where does it end? You allowed this thread, how can you then deny others the same chance?

It's wrong - it needs to be closed or the Moderators need to come in here and explain why this thread is NOT a violation of policy and then welcome any and all thread like this in the future.

** Why don't I just unsubscribe? Am I on a mission? Yes, I am. A mission to save xda from destroying its credibility with "bounty" threads.

Interesting point of view, I think every rule is up for interpretation. I wonder what would happen, if you open a thread ' (pool) wimax on ultimate droid'? But the ultimatedroid is a touchy subject here.

-shift-

Jun 29, 2010
WikileaksTaskForce???

Those complaining about the validity and legitimacy of the thread, there's a "REPORT" button. Kindly utilize that and avoid posting on the thread. The discussion of the thread is for WiMAX on CM. Had you read the OP, if you have nothing positive to contribute, you have nothing to post.

Swyped from my EVO

hustle24

Nov 18, 2010
Congratulations man.... I hope you two go on to have a beautiful family, wish you the best.

lol Some of you guys should read your comment outloud before you post it. The unnecessary brown nosing is so cheesy.

No one gives a **** about shin or toast, all you care about is wimax on your phone.

Im sure if shin posted and said: "my wife wants to take me on a 6 month hiatus away from coding, thanks for the donations, wimax will be completed in june 2011," all these cheesy comments would cease.

Oh by the way, Happy Holidays!!!

xhazyx

Sep 5, 2010
East Hampton, NY
lol Some of you guys should read your comment outloud before you post it. The unnecessary brown nosing is so cheesy.

No one gives a **** about shin or toast, all you care about is wimax on your phone.

Im sure if shin posted and said: "my wife wants to take me on a 6 month hiatus away from coding, thanks for the donations, wimax will be completed in june 2011," all these cheesy comments would cease.

Oh by the way, Happy Holidays!!!

Pardon me for wishing him the best, but I've seen a lot of broken marriages, so yea...
I hope u enjoy posting on Xmas just to criticize someone else's opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thread cleaned

thread cleaned. lets stay on topic please. no need to roam into q thread and down the efforts of other individuals. so some are mad that wimax does not work in cm as of yet. those same people feel mislead or told it would be in cm by now. to kill all end all, i personally have never said it would be tomorrow. that said there are only two individuals working on getting this working to my knowledge. those two people are me and shinzul. we devote a ton of time daily/nightly to the project. though its not finished yet it is still closer then anyone else has openly come to getting it to work. much more is involved at the coding level then just dropping in a few lines and watching it go. for a while it was only me poking around looking for the solutions to major issues in getting wimax into cm. shinzul has recently joined my efforts shedding light on much needed java issues. one thing all who wanna complain need to understand is we are working hard on this and making progress. but we do have our own jobs and lives to live. on that same note... no one should ever be demanded to produce any project here on XDA. we are a development community. sure there are roms with everything working and sure they are easier to flash and live with. but every once in a while a peoject comes long and devs strive to do the "undoable". those projects find their way to the development section. no need to hate on a couple guys who wanna devote their time to doing something that hasnt been done before. of course no one asks anyone to believe with blind faith. but it prolly best to either contribute, support the effort, or (i know this may alao be thinking outside the box) not posting at all.

so please stay on topic and stop trying to start drama for no reason. its all really no contribution what so ever to get mad because its not done yet.
    Ok guys, here's a status update!

I probably would have had an alpha build out last night, but there were one or two bugs in the code that I sent to toastcfh to compile (programming in c is NOT my strong suit), and I had to drive 2 hours to visit my fiancee. Today I am flying out for Christmas, but I brought my laptop with me, which is currently compiling a build. I have 4g in the area I am in now (wow it's weird ;p) and I can test the changes myself, which makes things go a lot faster.

edit: The virtual machine I'm using on my laptop just froze so I'm not entirely sure that I am going to be able to build using this. Either way, toastcfh will be able to build tonight, but we still have to test to make sure it's going to work, etc...
    STATUS UPDATE!

Here's where are are folks:

---->We have successfully connected to the Wimax service on CM and pulled down speeds upwards of 17mbps<----

However, we still have to iron out the automagic details. The reason there hasn't been an alpha release ROM for people to test yet is because we have had to manually add an IP route for the wimax0 interface. We are actively working on getting this step finished, and once it is complete, it will be ready for public testing.

And of course there are other little details like the fact that we haven't implemented the off functionality just yet and the only way to start the connect process is to turn the screen off and on. Haha, small details but they make the difference between a "dev implementation" and an alpha or a beta.

No ETA of course, but soon, very very soon(tm).

Edit: also, for those curious about donating - if you are planning on donating and want to wait until you see a working alpha rom, that is totally understandable, and no one will fault you for that. But for those who want to donate now and who have already donated, I can give you my personal guarantee that I won't stop working on this until it is in a CM nightly and beyond. :)
    What's up guys. How's it goin?

:eek:
    Nobody will answer just for simple fear of missing that date. Honestly im praying and hoping an alpha build before christmas but no one really knows. Honestly I don't feel any closer then last month but at least with shinzul's post we know its almost here.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Just to give everyone an idea of how far we've come...

This time last month (November 20, 2010), in CM6, the following was working:

1) Start the wimax driver
    2) Uhh...

Right now in CM6, the following is working:

1) Start the wimax driver
    2) Scan for a network
    3) Connect to a network
    4) Obtain an IP address
    5) Route the IP's correctly
    6) 4g speeds!

I'd say we are a lot farther than last month ;) I know it doesn't feel that way until you actually have something in your hands to test with, but believe me, it is better off for all involved for us to release a user-friendly version that works out of the box for everyone instead of a crappy version that works for some people, but not all.

naw. our devs wish to be the only ones with AOSP 4G, so they'll just sit on their nifty lil electronic thrones and enjoy the begging from the masses for a few months. it entertains them to see so many grovel at their mad skillz. not letting us have any good toys or tools or fun configuration options is proven by their track record.

I sit upon a throne of technology looking down upon the lowly pleebs. I shall eventually release an alpha out of pity.

Thanks for the laugh ;)