FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Camera from HTC Amaze 4G, v0.11

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 184
 
By igor.bezkrovny, Senior Member on 14th October 2011, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2012, 01:38 AM |#451  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
"Application Not Installed"
Quote:
Originally Posted by peedee888

this one..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=366

I am using a unrooted Sprint branded HTC EVO 3D. When I try to install both apk's that remove the word Amaze from my phone, I keep getting the prompt "Application Not Installed." What must I do or what have others been doing to have it install properly? I am able only able to install the "Amaze Camera" apk. If someone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.
14th January 2012, 04:58 AM |#452  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbtory

I am using a unrooted Sprint branded HTC EVO 3D. When I try to install both apk's that remove the word Amaze from my phone, I keep getting the prompt "Application Not Installed." What must I do or what have others been doing to have it install properly? I am able only able to install the "Amaze Camera" apk. If someone can help me, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a rooted tomorrow and I have the same problem too.
Edit: found that I have to use root explorer to overwrite the system application directly

Thanks peedee888
14th January 2012, 08:21 AM |#453  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88

I'm using a rooted tomorrow and I have the same problem too.
Edit: found that I have to use root explorer to overwrite the system application directly

Thanks peedee888

yup, BB88 is right, you dont install the file like a normal apk..
and dont forget to set the permissions.
14th January 2012, 08:45 AM |#454  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peedee888

yup, BB88 is right, you dont install the file like a normal apk..
and dont forget to set the permissions.

So essentially, I don't have any other options asides from rooting my HTC EVO 3D?
14th January 2012, 09:38 PM |#455  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peedee888

yup, BB88 is right, you dont install the file like a normal apk..
and dont forget to set the permissions.

How do you set permission?
15th January 2012, 05:27 AM |#456  
Senior Member
Flag ho chi minh city
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88

How do you set permission?

use root explore touch and hold on 1s. select permission and stick
x x
x
x
The Following User Says Thank You to duytrum444 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duytrum444 Ad-Free
16th January 2012, 03:53 PM |#457  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
I know development on this has stopped but I am wondering what it would take to uninstall or flash the stock camera app? I flashed this camera app no problem and have a nandroid backup prior to flashing, but I want to flash the stock camera to replace this camera so I can install the OTA update. I am searching through the forums and have come up with nothing so far. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. I am running a stock rooted ROM on a CDMA EVO 3d. I could just flash my old nandroid but I would like to avoid that if possible. Thanks.
16th January 2012, 04:39 PM |#458  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Just flash you Rom with just a dalvik and cache wipe (not data or refractory reset). All you apps and setting will be the same assuming you don't have any mods.

Also assuming your Rom does not have a wipe in the flash file
16th January 2012, 09:21 PM |#459  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
How do you install if you are not rooted? I am getting the "application not installed" message on my stock E3D.
17th January 2012, 03:44 AM |#460  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moricon

Just flash you Rom with just a dalvik and cache wipe (not data or refractory reset). All you apps and setting will be the same assuming you don't have any mods.

Also assuming your Rom does not have a wipe in the flash file

I'd rather keep the ROM I am running since I don't have one that does not have a flash in the wipe file. I tried packaging up the HTCCamera.apk in a zip file and flash it through recovery and it didn't work. I am going to continue trying to get this to work instead of installing a different ROM.
17th January 2012, 04:56 AM |#461  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 152
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayziejoe

How do you install if you are not rooted? I am getting the "application not installed" message on my stock E3D.

Why people keep asking for rooted features with unrooted device?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc tweaked camera

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes