FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Iris Browser 1.1.9 Windows Mobile 6.5.X Menu Fix

439 posts
Thanks Meter: 421

By Drakknar, Senior Member on 29th June 2010, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,
On my Windows Mobile 6.5.X, using the latest version of Iris Browser (1.1.9), I noticed that the "Navigate" context menu isn't working (at least using classic OS Menus), so I'm not able to bring up any of the navigation features, making my navigation experience quite frustrating.

I know that Iris is old and unsupported, but on my HD2 it's fast, stable and as of today it's the only good Webkit based browser, so I thought to modify the executable to work correctly with WM 6.5.X, and I reorganized the menu structure so that everything should be working.

Here you can find some pics:
| | |

And the download link: just unpack and overwrite the original IrisBrowser.exe

Tested working on my HD2 with Dutty's HG WM 6.5.X 23569. Let me know if it works for you

Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drakknar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Drakknar Ad-Free

29th June 2010, 06:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Always on the look out for a good browser. I'll install and post a review for yah tomorrow.
29th June 2010, 10:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
where can I find Iris 1.1.9?
29th June 2010, 11:57 AM |#4  
Flag Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
iris browser its dead 1 year ago
29th June 2010, 12:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancukya

iris browser its dead 1 year ago

Yeah, it's dead, like most of the apps for Windows Mobile today, but it's still a top-notch browser and on my HD2 it outperformss Opera 9 most of the times
30th June 2010, 12:50 AM |#6  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You, sir, are a lifesaver. I cannot thank you enough. Iris is the only decent webkit browser available for the moment that has a halfway decent zoom to frame algorithm. It does everything else too, like flash lite, and really only needs a skinning to be up there with the big boys.

I was actually preparing to downgrade my rom to a 6.5 just to get iris to work.

Again, you have my thanks.
30th June 2010, 05:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Wow Thaanks! Didn't know someone would be dedicated enough to fix this bug

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did u decompile/hack/fix the exe?
30th June 2010, 05:39 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2007

where can I find Iris 1.1.9?

Google it.
30th June 2010, 10:11 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salzburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebum

Wow Thaanks! Didn't know someone would be dedicated enough to fix this bug

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did u decompile/hack/fix the exe?

Anytime man I'm glad to give something back to the community
When I first used this browser 2 weeks ago, this bug was really frustrating so I started thinking to any possible solutions (except for going back to WM6.5 just for an app :P). In the end the simplest was the most effective: I could edit all the resources using ResHacker
If possible I'm also thinking of modifying some other resources to be more finger friendly (i.e. the favourites window), but I dunno if in this case ResHacker will be enough
1st July 2010, 06:05 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakknar

Anytime man I'm glad to give something back to the community
When I first used this browser 2 weeks ago, this bug was really frustrating so I started thinking to any possible solutions (except for going back to WM6.5 just for an app :P). In the end the simplest was the most effective: I could edit all the resources using ResHacker
If possible I'm also thinking of modifying some other resources to be more finger friendly (i.e. the favourites window), but I dunno if in this case ResHacker will be enough

reshacker eh? didn't think it was that powerful might take a poke around myself also...
21st July 2010, 11:58 AM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks Drakknar, this had been frustrating me too. I think to keep the tabs menu item working you have to have it as the 4th item. Here's my version: exe zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamieKitson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JamieKitson Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)