[APP][25MAR10]Gen.Y DualBOOT v1.0.6.0[W|Q|VGA][CAB|EXT]

947 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

By yozgatg, Senior Member on 26th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2010, 04:08 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've installed the VGA version on my Diamond, and it doesn't seem to have had any effect. The phone is unlocked, but I'm running the stock Alltel ROM for quick GPS locking. I have Android installed in the root of Internal Storage, and it runs fine with haret.exe

I checked the registry, and all the mentioned keys are there.

Any ideas?

27th January 2010, 04:16 PM |#62  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 25

More
WVGA (Blackstone)
on my WVGA (Blackstone) wm 6.5.x, it works ok, even if graphically top and bottom there is some space left where you can see underlying apps loading.

however I'm a bit concerned about reading somewhere that if you don't let winmo load completely (not sure what it means) you can have your mic and volume keys not working until a hard-reset... heard about that ?
27th January 2010, 04:26 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozgatg

can you send me a registry export of what u have in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init?

currently, Gen.Y DualBOOT uses the Launch52 key, which is just after shell32.exe (which is launch50 in normal cases). If it executes before shell32.exe, it will not run. So maybe, your shell32.exe is not in the launch50 key but perhaps launch60 or something?

As for registry stuff, please make sure you have v1.01 (redownload and install just to be sure), before u report any problems. At least VGA devices are confirmed to have working boot. How bout QVGA and WVGA devices anyone? I'm awaiting your feedback..

Hi
launch50 is shell32.exe and Launch52 is the Gen.Y launcher

However in the first post you say:
!Non-supported languages, VGA & WVGA only!: Please download the attached mui file, rename 0409 to your language ID, and copy to the installation folder (default: \Program Files\Gen.Y\DualBOOT). This is required in order for the app to work correctly. (not required for QVGA users)

Mine is installed in \Program Files\Gen.Y\.....
There is no DualBOOT folder.

Thanks
27th January 2010, 04:31 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

can you send me a registry export of what u have in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init?

currently, Gen.Y DualBOOT uses the Launch52 key, which is just after shell32.exe (which is launch50 in normal cases). If it executes before shell32.exe, it will not run. So maybe, your shell32.exe is not in the launch50 key but perhaps launch60 or something?

As for registry stuff, please make sure you have v1.01 (redownload and install just to be sure), before u report any problems. At least VGA devices are confirmed to have working boot. How bout QVGA and WVGA devices anyone? I'm awaiting your feedback..

I'm having the same problem -- booting straight into WM -- on a Sprint Rhodium. Installed the WVGA cab to device memory. My HKLM\init is below. Shell32.exe is launch50, but no dice.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
"Launch52"="\\Program Files\\Gen.Y\\genyboot.exe"
"Launch58"="RunCC.exe"
"Depend92"=hex:3D,00
"Launch92"="TimeWizard.exe"
"Depend58"=hex:37,00
"Launch57"="BootLauncher.exe"
"Depend20"=hex:0A,00,13,00
"Launch10"="shell.exe"
"Launch172"="SetIntoTodayRegFlag.exe"
"Depend50"=hex:14,00,1E,00
"Depend70"=hex:1E,00
"Launch70"="connmgr.exe"
"Launch50"="shell32.exe"
"Launch4"="sdpready.exe"
"Depend110"=hex:64,00
"Launch110"="tskschedule.exe"
"Depend120"=hex:64,00
"Launch120"="autotimeupdate.exe"
"Depend61"=hex:32,00,3C,00
"Launch61"="ciphase2.exe"
"Depend21"=hex:14,00
"Launch21"="coldinit.exe"
"Depend30"=hex:15,00
"Depend60"=hex:14,00
"Launch60"="services.exe"
"Launch30"="gwes.exe"
"Depend100"=hex:3C,00
"Launch100"="uptimesqm.exe"
"Launch98"="TimeWizard.exe"
"Launch19"="initvmmap.exe"
"Launch20"="device.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\MyPhone]
"OEMOverride"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
"MasterKeyFileDir"="\\windows"
"DBFlags"=dword:00010000
"Flags"=dword:00000005
"ProfileDir"="Documents and Settings"
"SystemHive"="Documents and Settings\\system.hv"
27th January 2010, 04:33 PM |#65  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodos123

Hi
launch50 is shell32.exe and Launch52 is the Gen.Y launcher

However in the first post you say:
!Non-supported languages, VGA & WVGA only!: Please download the attached mui file, rename 0409 to your language ID, and copy to the installation folder (default: \Program Files\Gen.Y\DualBOOT). This is required in order for the app to work correctly. (not required for QVGA users)

Mine is installed in \Program Files\Gen.Y\.....
There is no DualBOOT folder.

Thanks

hmm, one thing guys, could you check this? can u manually run the program? (open file explorer > goto Program Files\Gen.Y > launch genyboot.exe

if it doesn't work, it might have to do something with sdkcerts or .net cf not being installed (didn't sign the .exe, stupid me..)
if it does run, a workaround might be putting a shortcut in \Windows\Startup, however this is quite slower than the HKLM\init method
27th January 2010, 04:40 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

hmm, one thing guys, could you check this? can u manually run the program? (open file explorer > goto Program Files\Gen.Y > launch genyboot.exe

if it doesn't work, it might have to do something with sdkcerts or .net cf not being installed (didn't sign the .exe, stupid me..)
if it does run, a workaround might be putting a shortcut in \Windows\Startup, however this is quite slower than the HKLM\init method

Yes, I can run it manually.
27th January 2010, 04:47 PM |#67  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig

Yes, I can run it manually.

could you try this new attached WVGA cab then? This new cab directly installs it into the windows folder, which should work better for the HKLM\init procedure. Also, i signed the .exe this time with msigner. Let me know if it works.

* check the new version at the first post
The Following User Says Thank You to yozgatg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yozgatg Ad-Free
27th January 2010, 04:57 PM |#68  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Works fine on the kaiser but, the buttons is out of order. i used the QVGA version.
27th January 2010, 04:59 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can i installed this to a custom HTC 1.66 ROM on HTC HD2? and if i runs android, can i get the apps in android apps store??
27th January 2010, 05:15 PM |#70  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Got a slightly different error then the other people:

An error occured on sub __main_app_start.
An error occured retrieving the registry key

When I start the app from within WM itself, it doesn't give an error.
Using a Diamond (Diam100), Gen.Y DualBOOT VGA - Internal Storage.cab, and installed it at the default location (/Program Files/)
27th January 2010, 05:24 PM |#71  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 0

More
good work!

i try it in my Diamond with the last eclair android built and last GenY wm6.1...

it works nice.. but sometimes while booting.. the black screen freezes and when the GenY.dualboot apears the time to select is over or only rest 1 or 2 seconds...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android dualboot, android fastboot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)