Nexus One USB host driver

Search This thread

aadiflesher

Sep 24, 2012
Hello. Need some help!

I have a Google Nexus One running Android 4.1.1 paranoidAndroid, Kernel version: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-perdo-jellybean+drew@master #1.
What do I need to make it work with my kernel? Do I need a new kernel or are there any modules that I can flash?

I also made a OTG cable with power supply.
But please tell me which cable configuration is good, first image or second
otgPower1.jpg
otgPower2.jpg

Do I need the red and black (power cables) going from the power to the usb device AND the phone or just from the power to the usb device.
If they go only from the power to the usb device the phone will not charge and only the usb device (mouse, keyboard, HDD) will have power. So what do I need?

I hope someone can help me! Thanks! :)

joeavery2

Nov 9, 2007
I have a Google Nexus One running Android 4.1.1 paranoidAndroid, Kernel version: 2.6.38.8-evervolv-perdo-jellybean+drew@master #1.
What do I need to make it work with my kernel? Do I need a new kernel or are there any modules that I can flash?

I also made a OTG cable with power supply.
But please tell me which cable configuration is good, first image or second
otgPower1.jpg
otgPower2.jpg

Do I need the red and black (power cables) going from the power to the usb device AND the phone or just from the power to the usb device.
If they go only from the power to the usb device the phone will not charge and only the usb device (mouse, keyboard, HDD) will have power. So what do I need?

I hope someone can help me! Thanks! :)

Anyone any ideas that I can use? :)

man... is really no one here anymore?? Need some help here!

aadiflesher, READ THE SECOND THOUGHT FIRST. you'll need to short pin 5 to pin 4 of the USB micro, IF I remember right... Pin5 is the sense pin and when it is grounded it tells the phone to act as a host. This may be a PITA as you will need to cut the insulation off the usb micro connector. It's probably cheaper/easyier to buy a USB OTG cable on amazon for $0.99 instead but if you don't want to look on google plus / Android central for a how to from +phil Nickinson. He made a nice how to about 3 months ago.
I would use the first picture. Tie the source power to both the phone and the device. This allows both to charge. But the other will work too, Just you don't get the charge, as you pointed out.
I would assume at this point that any kernel made for the N1 has usb host support. So you should be good to go.

Second Thought: There is an app for the Nook that enabled USB OTG without using the sense pin on the cable. You might be able to use that app on the N1 to turn on/off USB OTG without needing to cut up your fingers to hack the cable.

Good luck. I miss my N1.... :crying:

PRichardson

Apr 12, 2011
Louisville
PJRichardson.com
Thank You!

Sven,

I just wanted to say thank you (in addition to hitting the 'Thanks Button'), for your work on this feature, and for the webpage where you documented all your work and posted the videos way back in 2010. I was an early adopter of the Nexus One, and when I found your webpage, I immediately began sharing it with other enthusiasts.

This would be awesome, now that XBMC & Plex are running on Android (if we could get OTG working with these apps). Of course, it might be easier to just try and flash GoogleTV on the N1 than to do all that! ;)

Best Regards,
Paul

:good:

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
Is it possible to port this to the "htc desire Z/Vision/G2" ?
A link to a porting guide would be awesome

kenkit

Jun 2, 2012
Linux kernel version: 2.6.35.7 Frambuffer console *.ko

Can anyone please upload Linux kernel version: 2.6.35.7 Frame-buffer console modules.
I need to use them on my Alcatel 918D for debugging purposes, I tried compiling but can't due to a compilation error.
Help in identifying the source of the error would be highly appreciated.
http://xdaforums.com/general/help/mtk6573-alcatel-918d-kernel-compilation-t2979556#post57692269
The files usually are :
  • fbcon.ko
  • font.ko
  • sofcursor.ko
  • bitblit.ko

sucksix

Dec 24, 2014

Top Liked Posts