[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

n1ckr0th

Jun 16, 2010
Atlanta
Is this what you mean?

I don't have foursquare installed (I did in March), but it seems to be tapatalk related?

4e90d150-d072-9453.jpg

4e90d150-d390-8058.jpg

Sent using an icy tap.

i'm also having INSANE wakelocks, my phone barely made 10 hours and was at 1% from maybe 2 hours of medium usage tops.

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
I'm at 1% after 12 hours and two hours of top up charge. Will be calling the emergency line to a shrink if this thing dies. Have since turned wifi and bt off. I'm doing the "take deep breaths fix" now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

upndwn4par

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
Bad download of 693? I did my last wipe for 691 then applied 692 and then 693,each time with only a cache and D. Cache wipe (over the course of as many weeks) plus gapps 12. I can tell you that my last wipe was because I changed my application storage post install to internal (via check box) and it all went south very quickly after that. So I wiped (full) flashed 691. immediately enabled internal storage for app install and so all apps are on the internal sd. The install apps to internal sd basically inverts mount points, so that a phone with external sd is no longer the default location for user application install. Hope that helps you figure out how to fix your issue.

I agree that it could be a bad download. There have been some problems. The file would stop loading anywhere from 50 to 90 MB then say it was done. Most of the files should be around 130MB. Having said that, you'd think the checksum would catch it.

wozhere

Sep 29, 2010
Been trying all the latest versions, 0.9.6.3 is silky smooth. Had to clear data off 3g Data switch widget (APNdroid, Data switch, etc) for quicker reconnect but that was their problems and need that periodically. Cleared cache & Dalvik after reboot too. Everything is A-OK, jokersax is a hero.

My only wishlist now is when switching on locked screen in my jacket pocket I would like BIGGER fonts at the top showing Time and Date and if possible include battery level too. But these are luxuries. Thanks a zillion to Jokersax.

To relieve stress on his servers and be safer and use less data if being metered use a downoad manager to resume downloads if cut off, free one like this does not nag you:
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
not affiliated to them in any way.

Last edited:

jokersax11

Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Torrents are up for a reason, built in check sums and better resume than any download manager. Plus both servers are seeded.

Also you guys have not maxed out my servers at all so most likely its from bad connections. Seeing as how my downloads are direct and not php/java/etc generated you need a good connection. This is something being worked on desperately. Hince the torrent system.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

LivingChampion

Jul 1, 2011
Would you mind reupping the fingerprint enabler? It seems like the link is down on the website. Not sure if it's for a reason.

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
After going back to MotoGinger, I can now confirm the wifi reception was poor on this ROM. From the same spot, I could surf rather decently when I couldn't even connect with ICS. Even right next to the modem, I never got a full signal...

Reactions: airic37

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
After going back to MotoGinger, I can now confirm the wifi reception was poor on this ROM. From the same spot, I could surf rather decently when I couldn't even connect with ICS. Even right next to the modem, I never got a full signal...

I never get a full wifi signal with ICS but surfs fine. CM7 shows full wifi signal but speed and range are no different. I assumed the problem was with the signal display and not the signal itself. Might vary with radio.

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
Torrents are up for a reason, built in check sums and better resume than any download manager. Plus both servers are seeded.

Also you guys have not maxed out my servers at all so most likely its from bad connections. Seeing as how my downloads are direct and not php/java/etc generated you need a good connection. This is something being worked on desperately. Hince the torrent system.

FWIW, I connected to my WiFi, hit the download link, and had no problem. 1 attempt, 1 successful download. I'm not sure why others are having issues. Best practice is to not download important things, like a ROM, over mobile networks. Try WiFi before blaming other causes.

upndwn4par

Jan 22, 2012
New Jersey
FWIW, I connected to my WiFi, hit the download link, and had no problem. 1 attempt, 1 successful download. I'm not sure why others are having issues. Best practice is to not download important things, like a ROM, over mobile networks. Try WiFi before blaming other causes.

The problems were downloading over wifi (phone and laptop). I doubt anyone would try to download 130MB over AT&T's network.

LouK

Apr 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Wifi & other problems

Joker

There is a problem with WiFi in both the strength of the signal - there are rooms in my home that I used to be able to connect to the WiFi and still can connect to WiFi with my laptop,but not over the phones WiFi & the fact that it can not connect to Router if the SSID is set not to broadcast.

Now, I noticed that if I'm streaming something off the web, both over WiFi & or over the phone's internet, a few minutes after the screen goes to sleep, what ever I'm streaming also goes to sleep.:confused:

This is all on the latest 0.6.9.3

sdlopez83

Aug 8, 2007
NY-Chile
Actually my buddy and I agree that the prime's wifi is actually better then that of our Atrix
Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

stl-soldier

Apr 18, 2011
Actually my buddy and I agree that the prime's wifi is actually better then that of our Atrix
Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
Is it the same chip with the same antennas? I'm betting the answer is no. Any recent laptop/tablet will have better WiFi than any recent phone due to size alone. One of my 5 year old laptops gets a much better signal than my Atrix. Size matters when it comes to antennas.

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
Not to mention that one's hand covering a fair amount of the antenna doesn't help much... which is also where a larger device with a larger antenna comes in handy.

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
Joker

There is a problem with WiFi in both the strength of the signal - there are rooms in my home that I used to be able to connect to the WiFi and still can connect to WiFi with my laptop,but not over the phones WiFi & the fact that it can not connect to Router if the SSID is set not to broadcast.

Now, I noticed that if I'm streaming something off the web, both over WiFi & or over the phone's internet, a few minutes after the screen goes to sleep, what ever I'm streaming also goes to sleep.:confused:

This is all on the latest 0.6.9.3

You should verify that your wifi sleep policy is configured to stay connected while screen is off (not the default). From wifi, lower left, Advanced. Hope that helps with your disconnects. Regarding ssid that are not broadcast, Edit: I thought there was a check box to connect despite no broadcast on the wifi connection. Or maybe that is only on Windows. Consider delete and re add. If it does not work still, you may have discovered an issue. Also, set Atrix_FauxG wifi to 2.4 ghz instead of auto (see wifi advanced menu) and see if your router has a firmware update available. I have seen devices not connect until the router firmware is updated. The last idea is a long shot as you said you were fine on a different rom version.

Last edited:
Reactions: upndwn4par

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App