New firmware XXJP2 seems to be....FROYO!!!!And it s for tomorrow 12PM!!

Search This thread

Flango

Jun 16, 2009
I will update tomorrow, will repartiton be neeeded?
I'm on JM1 now, no repartition first update.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

trinikartel

Jun 20, 2010
Orlando
Thx trinikartel looks easy to do, one other question (ive searched and didnt find the answer) samsung's software mostly supports win xp 32bit can i perform this flash on win 7 64bit pc?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Yeah I did mine on 7 x64 with no problems. Kies and Odin both worked fine

@Flango I repartitioned mine. not sure if it was required or not.

copo

Jun 19, 2007
I'm hoping to get this beast with Froyo since day 1 I got it, it's tempting, however it seems not a general stable release for daily use after I poke around some of the post about JM1/2.

My Galaxy have been rooted and treated with moving apps data to the dbdata location which could speed up dramatically skin I'm currently very satisfy. For those who is not satisfy with the current firmware I would recommend the hack of moving the apps data before and wait for the public availability of Froyo from Samsung.

Any possible ways that Samsung to solve the stall/laggy issue? Will apps2sd a feasible solution?

The main issue frustrating me on the daily usage of i9000 is the laggy problem if the stock firmware. If Samsung is not going to solve this I'm considering to switch back to iPhone as it will be available in my location in a few days.....

alovell83

Jun 29, 2010
Lippstadt
I got mine to about 170 - 180 free.

Haven't been game to kill any of the other Samsung system apps ;)

If this is so, then how do you explain devices such as nexus one and htc evo having over 200 MB of free ram while the galaxy S never has more than 150 MB free.

During boot ups I can get over 200 MB available, maybe 240ish. 24 hours+, while running ATK, Widget Locker, Launcher Pro, Weather & clock widget, and Quick Desk I have 168mb. Taking off a few of my ignore list, I got upto 195 while still allowing my core UI (Launcher PRO, quick desk, & Widget Locker plus ATK to kill & state the available memory). Per Samsung Task Killer here are the memory that my custom UI takes up:

Widget Locker 8.21
QuickDesk 10.33
LauncherPRO 18.66

These numbers, of course, aren't static. But, I definitely have 230MB potential free if I use stock. Also, I think my keyboard also takes up, additional, memory but it isn't listed so I can't find it.