FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable ROM

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 544

By electron73, Senior Member on 22nd January 2013, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2013, 03:04 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Tab is alive!!
Alright..after flashing "wipe" version of LP10 then LP11..all is good.

Thanks again,

Victor

14th February 2013, 04:57 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My battery life has been terrible with LP11, even with the device in Airplane mode and/or with the modem turned off. Better Battery Stats revealed that there was a modem usb suspend block that was constantly keeping my tablet from going into deep sleep. In the end I solved the issue by using ES File Explorer in root mode to rename Phone.apk and Phone.odex to Phone.apk.bak and Phone.odex.bak. Now my tablet complains that phone has crashed on startup, but no more battery drain!

Luckily I don't want/need phone/data. I have GrooveIP if I want to make calls.
26th February 2013, 03:40 PM |#33  

More
Battery Low 4G still working?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik

My battery life has been terrible with LP11, even with the device in Airplane mode and/or with the modem turned off. Better Battery Stats revealed that there was a modem usb suspend block that was constantly keeping my tablet from going into deep sleep. In the end I solved the issue by using ES File Explorer in root mode to rename Phone.apk and Phone.odex to Phone.apk.bak and Phone.odex.bak. Now my tablet complains that phone has crashed on startup, but no more battery drain!

Luckily I don't want/need phone/data. I have GrooveIP if I want to make calls.

Hi Kralik, are you still getting 3G/4G signal with this solution? My Verizon tablet seems not to pickup signal anymore when I rename the phone app.
27th February 2013, 01:03 AM |#34  

More
Nope, but as I said, I don't want/need phone/data.
27th February 2013, 04:27 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik

Nope, but as I said, I don't want/need phone/data.

ok, thanks

I think I go back to LP10 and block the OTA update, seems that battery life will be much better with that version.
28th February 2013, 06:36 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbot

Many thanks! I just decided to go back to stock for stability reasons. Your method works perfectly.

I don't know where many of us i815 users would be without your help. Thanks again man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Well said Gilbot, thanks a ton electron73!!!
7th March 2013, 06:08 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
electron73,
I'm not able to download the ROM file. All other files, I had no problem with. Can you check the link and let me know. My browser opens a new window and then times out.
Thanks
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron73

Here's the new Verizon OTA packaged up as a full CWM flashable ROM. Wiping should not be necessary if you are coming from our last ICS ROM (LP10).

This is meant for those who have CWM installed and for those who modified their system to the point that the OTA does not work because it expects certain files.
If you are on full stock (rooted) ICS LP10 and are not getting the OTA update the regular way, you can look here for a way to manually install it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...932597&page=26

The rom is pre-rooted. After installing, run super-su and let it check for binary updates. Also a cached copy of su for restoring with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper is included (for extra safety).

Part1: The ROM
Install with CWM
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...-LP11_i815.zip

Part2: The MODEM
Flash with ODIN in PHONE section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...i815_modem.tar

Part3 (optional): Stock Recovery
If you want to be full stock afterwards, flash with ODIN in PDA section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...5_recovery.tar

Part4 (optional): Stock SBL
If you did all 3 parts above and want to be able to receive future Verizon OTA's flash this in ODIN in BOOTLOADER section
http://electron73.org/XDA/i815/elect...1_i815_sbl.tar

Enjoy

7th March 2013, 08:48 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok I Was able to get the ROM file. IT did take about 15 minutes before it started to download.
7th March 2013, 10:35 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!
Thanks Meter: 544

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchnbell

Ok I Was able to get the ROM file. IT did take about 15 minutes before it started to download.

Sorry about that. Probably an issue with the hosting. I will need a new server at sone point. Never expected the rom to get this "popular" lol.
Thanks to the neglect from Verizon for our beloved tablet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
13th March 2013, 05:52 AM |#40  

More
I'm going to share my story in case it is helpful to anyone.

First, I use my tablet with wifi only and do not need/want phone/data with Verizon.

I tried a bunch of custom ROMs before deciding I wanted stability and going with LP10. Everything seemed to be great.

Then I upgraded in-place to LP11 and had a myriad of issues: extremely poor battery life and random wifi disconnects. When using wifi, I would be forced to go into settings, turn wifi off, turn it back on, and reconnect to the AP every 5-10 minutes. I "solved" the battery life problem by renaming Phone.apk, which was keeping my tablet from going into sleep mode properly.

To try to fix the wifi problems, I downgraded (again, in-place) to LP10. To my surprise I had the phone/battery problem even though I didn't have it before and the wifi problem remained. I also had to rename otacerts.zip to avoid constant update nagging.

So I decided to wipe data and start over from backups. After reinstalling LP10 wipe version I found that I could not encrypt my data. It would freeze without rebooting at the encryption screen. I left it overnight with no progress. Updated to LP11... same problem. Went into CWM and did a factory reset. Same problem.

Loaded TWRP and did a data format. Yay, it finally worked! TWRP seems to handle encrypted (or previously encrypted) partitions better than CWM. Stock recovery can do a factory reset as well but I wasn't touching that one with a ten-foot pole because of the infamous brick bug.

So... now I have a tablet that is running LP11 with the LP10 modem and as far as I can tell my problems are gone. No drain, no wifi disconnects, no update nags. I'm thinking that I remember reading earlier in this thread or another that a full data wipe helps with the battery drain issues. I wonder if I could flash the LP11 modem anyway, but... since I don't need it, and what I have is working, I'll stick with my frankentablet.
11th June 2013, 08:55 PM |#41  
Flag Gretna
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I read through lp10 post and it said you could use Odin to flash the modem without the stock recovery. I'm currently using paranoid android 3.56 and wondering can I flash lp10 or lp11 without using the stock Rom or recovery?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)