[ROM - 1.2] Flashback Update 10.3 (12/07/2011)

Search This thread

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
Is anyone else missing the \system\ data\ folder where the hacked adobe flash apk

I'm coming from flashback 10.1 upgrade install, wiped cache and dalvik cache

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
Hi cheko,

I removed the [/system/data] folder (3rd party apps) and meant to provide as a separate dowload.

If you still have the FB 10.1 (or earlier) archive, you can extract it from there.

There's also been some success with the newest Flash Player from the Market.

You can also find some older app versions at 'Freeware Lovers'
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

-JR-

cheko

May 22, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks JR for the response tried the link you suggested no luck website might be down

I have a tried two of the other hacked versions of flash 10.3 of the forum no luck yet

I extracted the hacked flash apk from the 10.1 flashback archive flash is running better

JR nice work really diggin on flashback 10.3 its the business

Sent from my gTablet using xda premium

Last edited:

apathet

Aug 20, 2009
I can't seem to download anything from the market. It just gives me "X could not be downloaded because of an error." Anyone else experience this?

EDIT

I figured it out. I apparently had flashed a different version of the 1.2 bootloader, although it said 1.2 and rev5... Anyway, I nvflashed the file from the OP and everything is working. That's what I get for not following directions from the start...

Last edited:

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
I'm having trouble getting any of the office apps to install. Installed several apps, but every Office type app fails to download or install. Anyone got a working office app?

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
I'm having trouble getting any of the office apps to install. Installed several apps, but every Office type app fails to download or install. Anyone got a working office app?
Hi Seanbest,

Are these 'demo' or 'licensed' you're trying?

Is there any one particular 'Office' app you're interested in; I'll try and download.

Let me know.

-JR-

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Thank you for getting back to me, that didn't work though. Are there any other things I can try aside from a reflash? Will clearing cache and dalvik help in this scenario?

It does not hurt to try. If that doesn't work uninstall superuser, reboot and reinstall it. If that fails try wiping data and reflashing the rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jtluce

Dec 2, 2009
Dallas
I am not able to obtain ip address from ad hoc connections. I do see the network as an option, just never fully connects. Is there a fix for this?

CTTKDKing

It does not hurt to try. If that doesn't work uninstall superuser, reboot and reinstall it. If that fails try wiping data and reflashing the rom.

Ok so that didn't work either (in this ROM super user is a system app and you need root to uninstall system apps. Oh the irony), but I can tell you what did.

I booted into clockwork, and cleared cache and dalvik. Rebooted, still no root access. I then rebooted into clockwork again and flashed the stock ROM file withoutwiping and that did the trick. I had done this to clear up some issues in a different ROM so I thought it might help before I totally wiped the system out. Thanks for the input though. It was greatly appreciated. :D

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Ok so that didn't work either (in this ROM super user is a system app and you need root to uninstall system apps. Oh the irony), but I can tell you what did.

I booted into clockwork, and cleared cache and dalvik. Rebooted, still no root access. I then rebooted into clockwork again and flashed the stock ROM file withoutwiping and that did the trick. I had done this to clear up some issues in a different ROM so I thought it might help before I totally wiped the system out. Thanks for the input though. It was greatly appreciated. :D

I am glad it worked out for you. Thank you for posting back your results.

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
Camera fixed in 10.3? Didn't see it in changelog so figured i would ask.

sent from my EVO 4G - 8/25 InfectedROM Kingdom RLS1 by Virus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE - Flashback 10.3 (12/07/2011) - See Downloads (below)

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs.

Acknowledgments
    Roebeet, Mrguy, Pershoot, Zebwen, Clemsyn and all the Adam and VEGA developers, for this excellent port. If you have contributed something I used let me know and I will add you here.

Pre-requisites
    1. Setup and learn how to use nvflash. This is your backout in case something bad happens, so I would recommend you understand how to use this, in advance.
    2. Have your device on a stock 1.2-based ROM / mod baseline. For example, build 4349 is the latest 1.2-based stock ROM, as of this writing.

NVFlash
    -NVFlash rev5 by tlb1961 (Detailed Instructions for Windows and Linux included in download)

Installation for 1.2-based stock (also, see Changelog)
    Options for Installing Flashback:

Option 1 (Update)
    Download/Copy Flashback-10.X.zip to Internal SDCard (USB storage)
    Shutdown and boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
    1. Wipe cache partition
    2. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    3. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    4. Install from SDCard
    5. Choose zip from SDCard
    6. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    7. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    8. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    9. Reboot system

Option 2 (Clean)
    1. Wipe data/Factory reset
    2. Wipe cache partition
    3. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    5. Install from SDCard
    6. Choose zip from SDCard
    7. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    8. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X.zip
    9. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    10. Reboot system

Option 3 (Wipe & Format)
    1. Wipe data/Factory reset
    2. Wipe cache partition
    3. Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache
    4. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu) < Very Important Here [DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY]
    5. Moints and Storage:
    > Format boot
    > Format cache
    > Format data
    > Format system
    > Format sdcard - OPTIONAL (FOR ADVANCED USE ONLY)
    6. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    7. Install from SDCard
    8. Choose zip from SDCard
    9. Navigate to and choose Flashback-10.X-signed.zip
    10. Accept/Choose Flashback-10.X-signed.zip
    11. Backspace/Return key (back to Main menu)
    12. Reboot system

Disaster recovery - 'tlb1961' NVFlash (see above)

Flashback Team Members
    HiTekRedneck
    jazzruby
    OtherGuy
    rowwor
    Sharpe351
    TEK112
    tlb1961
    tlbardelljr

Downloads
    Flashback 10.3 (updated 12/07/2011)
    Download Link: http://dev-host.org/dn0au4ajdokt/Flashback-10.3-signed.zip
    MD5: ce7898ecb48b0a0a9d0b0d45d99b9669

Pershoot's kernel 2632.48 11/24/2011 (included in Flashback 10.3)
    Download Link: http://dev-host.org/ol6timuj4aw1/pershoots_2632.48_gb_newbl-112411-signed.zip
    MD5: 6606eb179ff22d4738da0b62e14187bd

Clemsyn's kernel Honeycomb Trial 5
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7s7c1anfv1pnfe3

Changelog
    Flashback (see Post #2)

Pics
    Changelog:

Flashback 10.3
    Updated kernel/WiFi modules

Recommended install method for Flashback 10.3:
    'Update' install for 10.2 > 10.3
    'Clean' install for all others

Flashback 10.2
    Files added:
    GalleryNew3DGoogle

Files updated:
    Browser (Homepage)
    Superuser (3.0.7) - If doing an 'Update' install, you must 'Uninstall update' from Settings > Applications > All
    framework-res (Wallpaper)
    updater-script (corrected 1 line)
    boot.img (new kernel)

Files removed:
    TitaniumBackup (issues) - If doing an 'Update' install, you must 'Uninstall update' from Settings > Applications > All
    StatusbarToggle (issues)
    Wallpapers (app not stock)
    [/system/data] folder (contains 3rd party appps and will provide as a separate download)

Recommended install method for Flashback 10.2:
    'Clean' install, due to system apps, i.e. TitaniumBackup and Superuser

'Update' install, (for experienced users and from 10.1 only) - You must 'Uninstall update' for TitaniumBackup and Superuser from Settings > Applications > All

-JR-
    Here you go. Im running fb 10.3 and had issues with flash/Opera so what i did was took these 2 versions of flash and the version of Opera that was in that 1 data folder from 10.1, put them imto dropbox, and use them with whatever hc rom im using. I havent had any problems since. if the links dont work let me know and ill email them to you. THis should resolve your issue.

http://db.tt/AJf0rFCL http://db.tt/NKBKdPWN
    Sent from my gTablet using XDA Premium App
    \* TeamWin Recovery Project */

I created an update patch to copy the TeamWin recovery binary to [/system/etc/recovery] and a script to [/system/bin] that will allow you to flash/install it internally via Terminal Emulator.

Flashback-TWRP-1.2-patch-signed.zip
    md5: 2317bdea544f0074415815a996161655

Flash like you would any update.zip - No Wipes Needed.

This update zip WILL NOT flash your recovery; use must do that while in the ROM.

Download and Flash the zip, reboot back into the ROM

Open/Run Terminal Emulator and type the following (blue text):
    $ su - become Superuser

TeamWin Recovery Project
    # twrprecovery.sh - flash/install TeamWin Recovery Project

ClockworkMod:
    # cwmrecovery.sh - flash/install ClockworkMod Recovery

Stock:
    # fixrecovery.sh - flash/install Stock Recovery

-JR-
    Thanks for the kind words. Nvidia is being stingy with the drivers. Team DRH has an ICS ROM that is very nice and they are pounding away to get the drivers. It looks like they might actually get them. However, I don't foresee it in the near future.