[Q] Need Slim 3.5 mm Adapter for Spigen Neo Hybrid Case

Search This thread

KedarWolf

Apr 27, 2012
Hey,

I bought a Spigen eo Hybrid case for my Nexus 5. I like to use Sennheiser headphones with it for music playback the 90 minute trip on the transit each way to and from work. Trouble is the headphone jack doesn't fit the recessed hole in the case.

I thought I could find a 3.5 to 3.5 slim adapter for them but the only thing after an hour of Googling is a 3.5mm to 3.5mm slim IPhone audio adapter.

Any suggestions on what I can do other then buy a headset?

Peace... :confused:

D3_

Mar 9, 2010
London
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.

True that!

@OP
You can even take a sharp razor and cut a small portion of the case to widen the hole. However, this may lead to some lint accumulation on that area.

vanisleryan

Oct 24, 2011
I've used a razor in the past to shave the headphone plug slimmer to accommodate the smaller hole.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

KedarWolf

Apr 27, 2012
Is there any reason the iphone one won't work? It's just a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter isn't it? the iPhone part is probably just a name they add to it for marketing purposes.

i bought an IPhone 3.5 to 3.5 slim headphone jack adapter, it does with with my 280 Pro headphones. Just tested it with my headset, mic works as well. So for $2 or so from Amazon and maybe a couple bucks shipping you can use any headphone with any case.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000WKS8QG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This from www.amazon.ca (I'm in Canuckistan) but they have the same thing on www.amazon.com

Picture of it on my Nexus 7. :D

2hezqfa.jpg

Last edited: