FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How-to- Root, Hack, and Flashing your G1/Dream Read first!!

917 posts
Thanks Meter: 894

By Koush, Retired Recognized Developer on 4th November 2008, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2009, 03:08 PM |#521  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfc187

Edit: also, I was using an app called Power Manager to apply battery profiles to my phone under different circumstances, I.e. when it is plugged in, it brightens the screen and stays awake longer, when running on battery it dims screen and sleeps often...well it still works, but only manually. Its supposed to apply the profiles automatically for a given event like plugging in the charger, but since I rooted I can't get it to do it automatically, I hafta go in and select the profile manually...any ideas?

Go in Power Manager and make sure the dot next to "Monitor" is lit up red. If not, tap it once and you're set. If that doesn't help, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm using it on the JF RC33 update with no probs.

9th February 2009, 04:14 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
question
Im at work and we use mac's here How do i Format my SD using a Mac?
9th February 2009, 05:08 PM |#523  
Flag Lohfelden

More
Plug USB Cable on Mac Mount your SD Card from Android go on Mac to Programs / System Utilities / HDD Utility? I dont know have an German one, and select the Device and Format as MS Dos
9th February 2009, 08:52 PM |#524  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyussen

Go in Power Manager and make sure the dot next to "Monitor" is lit up red. If not, tap it once and you're set. If that doesn't help, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm using it on the JF RC33 update with no probs.

works now, thanks...
9th February 2009, 09:14 PM |#525  

More
question
For some reason after I follow the Type "telnetd" step it wont let me download the telnet client from the market... Then if i do not type telnet it does let me download it.. Am i supposed to be typing TELNET with the Quotations? " "? im almost at root just downgraded successfully to rc29 can someone help if anyone is out there?
10th February 2009, 12:59 AM |#526  

More
anything with trying to install hardspl, im up to my wits end...

Quote:

Installing from sdcard...
finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0
p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(invalid argument)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
installation aborted

Press home+back to reboot

10th February 2009, 10:04 AM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can someone please help me, ive tried over and over again to install RC29
and everytime i goes thru then i can't press the power button to install it
heres a pix everytime i get to this screen, it seems like everything just locks up.
10th February 2009, 02:21 PM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Did you press the power button?
10th February 2009, 02:33 PM |#529  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivany

i ve been following the rooting instructrions but for some reason i cant get pass the telnet part. the first three commands go smoothly but the last one (cat recovery.img > /system/recovery image it keeps telling me cannot create. my rc is rc29 ide appeciate it if someone can help

read thru my abbreviated walkthru in my signature

sounds like maybe you didn't remount the system as writable
10th February 2009, 03:44 PM |#530  
Flag Basel

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunschlik

So my question is: what _exactly_ (in technical terms) did you do so that the original spl accepts the firmware you can download in the first post to flash back to a root bug enabled .29 version?

Some checksum that has to be right for the original spl/whatever?

Maybe if someone can explain the exact details how this was done i can redo it for the EU version.

Thanks in advance!

In technical terms... somebody apparently "found" (as in, it dropped from the sky ) an official image file, like the one they flash the G1 with in the final stages of fabrication. This is the file we all came to know and love as DREAIMG.nbh . It is a stock RC29 and signed with release-keys, so the standard bootloader accepts it without any problems, and it still has the telnetd - bug. That's the exploit that JK, Koush and the Gang used to bring us these awesome HowTos on flashing HardSPL and consequently custom image files (signed with test-keys so that T-Mobile can't OTA your root away from you).

Well, someone might someday "lose", or "mail to a wrong recipient" the DREAIMG.nbh for the German hardware. I guess, sadly, since Google isn't going to stand up for your right as a customer, this will be your best bet of getting root.

However, I suggest pestering Google about getting root. It might help for said file "suddenly appear" on the Internetz. (Note, I said "pester Google", not the nice folks at Google forums.)

Good luck!
10th February 2009, 06:01 PM |#531  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danguyf

Did you press the power button?

yes i did, and nothing happens. seems like the phone just freezes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cupcake, jf1.5, root, tutorial, upgrade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)