Genuine wireless charging back

Search This thread

ElenaPower

Jan 13, 2011
Some more pictures to see the differences between the standard and the wireless charging cover. The S5 with SIM and SD card is 159grams with the charging cover and 143grams with the standard Cover. You can feel these 16grams difference what is nearly 10% of the weight. I like the Cover very much for me the S5 is much more handy now. Was the same as with the S2 for what I had the original Samsung back cover with the 2000mAh battery (original was 1650mAh). And the camera is better protected because its now slightly in the cover not raised.

My Bugatti SlimFit leather pocket fits very well because you can widen it easy a little to fit again. ;)

Attachments

• Back-Cover-Camera.jpg
    Back-Cover-Camera.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 525
  • Back-Cover.jpg
    Back-Cover.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 479
  • bugatti-slimfit-s5.JPG
    bugatti-slimfit-s5.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

sirooga

May 13, 2007
Corona
AT&T

AT&T now has the official black cover on its website. Ordered mine yesterday, will be here Monday.

slowrey

Dec 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Picked up mine tonight from the AT&T store locally. Went to the ATT.com and added it to cart and clicked to see if available for pickup and it was. Too bad my case won't fit now. Dang it.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I bought two from att last week for $25 each works and keeps at 100% at least for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

go back and do a return and immediate buy back...and save yourself $20 each

I would have pulled the trigger but they were all gone by the time I found out. As for QI standard that is what I figured. But I bought a cheap QI standard charger off eBay and it doesn't work on my phone. Nokia is not cheap so I realize there won't be an issue.

Sent By A Phone In A Van Down By The River!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Good to know. Thanks.

Sent By A Phone In A Van Down By The River!

Just picked up 2 DT-900 wireless chargers from my local ATT store for $5 each...

it works great with the S-view wireless charging case and the wireless back........and charges at the same rate as the original samsung pad....confirmed via galaxy current widget PRO

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Don't mean to sound rude guys but can we please keep this on topic. I'm interested to read about the wireless charging back for the Samsung Galaxy S 5, not QI chargers etc. Thanks for understanding.

in the vicinity of talking about wireless charging backs, specific Qi pad questions will pop up to see if they work or not....deal with it or don't read that post...it's simple as that

ritzxda

Jun 8, 2013
in the vicinity of talking about wireless charging backs, specific Qi pad questions will pop up to see if they work or not....deal with it or don't read that post...it's simple as that

That's understandable. Was just referring to off-topic...take it easy. There are many threads that end up going off topic. People then jump all over each other and tell people to search and read and so on. I've actually been reading every post and am trying to get to know more about the charging back (thread topic). Thanks for your input.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
That's understandable. Was just referring to off-topic...take it easy. There are many threads that end up going off topic. People then jump all over each other and tell people to search and read and so on. I've actually been reading every post and am trying to get to know more about the charging back (thread topic). Thanks for your input.

completely understandable...i guess to put an end to the side track, a wireless pad will work if it has the Qi standard, and isn't some cheap chinese knock-off...

Reactions: ritzxda

mmark27

Jun 16, 2010
Picked up mine tonight from the AT&T store locally. Went to the ATT.com and added it to cart and clicked to see if available for pickup and it was. Too bad my case won't fit now. Dang it.

go back and do a return and immediate buy back...and save yourself $20 each
Just picked up 2 DT-900 wireless chargers from my local ATT store for $5 each...

it works great with the S-view wireless charging case and the wireless back........and charges at the same rate as the original samsung pad....confirmed via galaxy current widget PRO

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

You guys mind putting links in for posts like these? I've tried to find these deals and can't.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
You guys mind putting links in for posts like these? I've tried to find these deals and can't.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my S5

http://slickdeals.net/f/6965722-nokia-fatboy-wireless-qi-charging-pillow-cyan-5-free-shipping?p=68374662#post68374662

http://slickdeals.net/f/6968350-nokia-dt-900-wireless-qi-charging-plate-white-5-free-shipping?p=68374376#post68374376

http://slickdeals.net/f/6966740-oos-nokia-white-wireless-charging-plate-5-shipped-4-for-15-live-again#listswidget

deal for the qi charger is over but here is the link for the official QI back cover for S5 http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/ac...back-cover-samsung-galaxy-s-5-sku7250440.html

all out of stock, although people say it randomly comes in stock and gets sold out again..so keep an eye out for it
that's not really a deal though..it's still full price at $35....if you aren't in any hurry, you might as well use the 50% off coupon with samsung IF and WHEN they finally have a stock of it

Last edited:
Reactions: f308gt4 and mmark27

Dav5049915

Aug 10, 2010
I was browsing the accessories on the ATT premier site and they had the black wireless charging back in stock. Ordered it and received in two days. My amazon order from ~1 Month ago was still back ordered, i canceled that one.

prosperot

Nov 19, 2008
Anyone where the black charger actually works and charges to 100%?

I am everywhere reading about this problem where the black Samsung Qi Charger only charges to 88% and then starts blinking orange...

I have mine for over a week now and it has the same problem.. So this one is going back to the store...

bamse84

Aug 17, 2013

I am everywhere reading about this problem where the black Samsung Qi Charger only charges to 88% and then starts blinking orange...

I have mine for over a week now and it has the same problem.. So this one is going back to the store...

I got yesterday the wireless charging back and i have the charging pad from s4..no problems here. .i had it over the night and in the morning was fully charged

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prosperot

Nov 19, 2008
So could it be the black charging pad... it seems to me that people with other charging pads have no problems charging to 100%

kms108

Sep 16, 2007

Are you using it with the samsung's new transmitter and oem wireless back cover.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Yes... the EP-WG900IB with the black square charge pad

Apparently every one should have the same problem with the samsung cover, the phone only charges upto 96% or to 100% then an error LED flashes(orange LED), from all my test using the following transmitter:

3 samsung (single coil)
iffy (single coil)
sanwa (7 coils standing)
yijieneng (dual base, single coil)
panasonic (motion movable single coil)
metrans (3 different models, single coil, two models are potable power bank)
powerqi (3 coils)
sanyo/do co mo (2 models, single coil and motion movable single coil)
anymode (3 coils)

Receivers

samsung OEM wireless cover (S5 Version)
yijieneng (S4)
sandisk (S4 and note 2)
energy/itian ( S5)
yijieneng USB QI wireless dongle (Universal)
metrans (S4)
A type USB qi wireless (Universal)
and some other unknown type (Universal)
Iphone qi wireless case

It has come to my conclusion that the samsung transmitter has compatiblity problems with it's own wireless cover, the samsung cover works well with all my other chargers with a slight problem with the panasonic, but my panasonic has been know to have issues with some receivers, and the sanwa (standing transmitter) the phone has to be placed upside down or horizontally, Although my sanwa has 7 coils, may be the location of the coils is in lower part of the charger.

while the rest of the receivers works well with the samsung transmitter, and they all work pretty well and produce less heat, when chargered upto 100%, the green LED stays on.

May be someone should bring this matter up with samsung, but it could be useless as they won't really listen.

Last edited:

prosperot

Nov 19, 2008
Thanks for testing...

May be someone should bring this matter up with samsung, but it could be useless as they won't really listen.

It might come up with them when many buyers will start returning their charging pads.....

This problem is discussed in many forums already and the kitt is only just released..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I have done a quick review of the Official Cover, with close up photos, weight differences etc... and everything different I could find versus original cover

http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/...rging-cover-review-with-samsung-charging-pad/

Any questions, just ask on here is fine.
    Hey guys, here are some impressions about my combination of wireless charging cover and the easyChee charging station.
    It's fully working, you can see that the charging cover has a slightly colder white tone, than the original which is warmer.
    Further the camera now is fully covered by the cover with a gap of about one millimeter.

Register your phone on samsung.com and you can get a 50% off coupon. Then just wait for it to come in stock on samsungs website and get it for.... half off!
    Im pleasantly surprised, based off the photo's of the wireless cover that it is not as thick as the S4 wireless charging cover.
    This means we should be able to use any case available:good:

Photos won't show the difference. It's only a millimeter or 2 of a difference

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    This place is absolutely absurd sometimes.