[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

officer629

Jun 1, 2008
NJ
I wiped and flashed and am now stuck on the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen for 15 minutes now..... I noticed it shows the sprint animated logo then goes back to the HTC screen. It did it three times already.

What do I do?

aggie6600

Sep 5, 2007
I wiped and flashed and am now stuck on the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen for 15 minutes now..... I noticed it shows the sprint animated logo then goes back to the HTC screen. It did it three times already.

What do I do?

Try wiping and flashing again. First boot seems to average 5-6 minutes.

EDIT: Don't know that I have ever seen one question answered so many time that fast. Especially in a thread that is moving as fast as this one.

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
How are you guys liking it so far? All those who have updated that is?

Been playing with it for about half an hour and I like it a lot. Fast and smooth (like DC1) and no issues so far. I do have a question though. It seems (to me at least) apps2sd still isn't working. I've installed a few apps. Using Estrong File Explorer I went to the /system/sd folder, but there was no app folder in it. I checked /system/app and I see the apps there. She the apps be going into /system/sd/app if apps2sd is functioning correctly?

sph33r

Jun 28, 2007
Detroit, MI
Flashed .. definitely zippy. Everything I normally use seems to be working. Can't wait to see how it performs over the next few days.

gazment

Feb 25, 2009
Dearborn, MI
Radio version (baseband version) can be updated for whoever asked why their versions are lower. Which if you are getting a good signal I wouldn't bother updating. Otherwise check out flipz's radio updates at geekfor.me

Last edited:

danknuggz

Feb 6, 2010
Been playing with it for about half an hour and I like it a lot. Fast and smooth (like DC1) and no issues so far. I do have a question though. It seems (to me at least) apps2sd still isn't working. I've installed a few apps. Using Estrong File Explorer I went to the /system/sd folder, but there was no app folder in it. I checked /system/app and I see the apps there. She the apps be going into /system/sd/app if apps2sd is functioning correctly?

download quick system info and it will tell u if ap2sd is enabled and how much memory is being used

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.