[AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation

Search This thread

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
I recently got an Infuse. I did SuperOneClick v2.3.3 to root it and then did Heimdall One-Click Back-To-Stock UCKJ4 and I liked it. I went back to root with SuperOneClick again.

Now I saw this so I did it, and cannot seem to get SuperOneClick to root this version. Is there something I am missing?

I did not think I had to go to CWM to use SuperOneClick
It hangs at step 7. This is not a SuperOneClick question, but instead I am asking if I should be using something else to get this rooted.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I recently got an Infuse. I did SuperOneClick v2.3.3 to root it and then did Heimdall One-Click Back-To-Stock UCKJ4 and I liked it. I went back to root with SuperOneClick again.

Now I saw this so I did it, and cannot seem to get SuperOneClick to root this version. Is there something I am missing?

I did not think I had to go to CWM to use SuperOneClick
It hangs at step 7. This is not a SuperOneClick question, but instead I am asking if I should be using something else to get this rooted.

The later GB builds past UCKJ4 are not rootable using SOC.
They need to be rooted through running an insecure kernel with cwm.
The second post contains Entropy's kernel to do this.
After loading the insecure kernel, you may try to install busybox and SU.

If you only wanted this as a base to restore soft brick and repartition, you may use the kernel to get into cwm and flash another rom of your choice.
If you're interested in running a deodexed rooted version, dman3285 has already made a rooted version using the same idea.

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
Just used this to flash back to stock rom for warranty purpose. Flashing went well. I don't know why when I open an app, the whole screen goes bazzare with pixelated screen. Any idea?

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Just used this to flash back to stock rom for warranty purpose. Flashing went well. I don't know why when I open an app, the whole screen goes bazzare with pixelated screen. Any idea?

idk...
I would go into /settings/privacy/ reset
then flash again twice, the second time with BL box checked if you havent done so

Reactions: mutantblack

yohannie

Jan 28, 2012
Thank you so much for this! This makes it super easy for someone like me on stock Froyo KH1 to try out what the newest leak is like. I really really appreciate it :)

So far, all of the GB ROMs I tried (including that "official" AT&T one that got pulled, Infused 2.2, Zeus) all rendered my music library weird (messed up album artwork into this rainbow crack screen, dis-recognition of tags) and also would make half of my video files unplayable. Every time I'd go back to stock Froyo, all of these things would be fixed, so I had been super hesitant about doing it again.

But this just looks too simple to pass up~! Thanks again.

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Thank you so much for this! This makes it super easy for someone like me on stock Froyo KH1 to try out what the newest leak is like. I really really appreciate it :)

So far, all of the GB ROMs I tried (including that "official" AT&T one that got pulled, Infused 2.2, Zeus) all rendered my music library weird (messed up album artwork into this rainbow crack screen, dis-recognition of tags) and also would make half of my video files unplayable. Every time I'd go back to stock Froyo, all of these things would be fixed, so I had been super hesitant about doing it again.

But this just looks too simple to pass up~! Thanks again.

mp...hopes it works well for you. It's is really Adam Outler's genius.
Once you are comfortable with this 1-click, it truly becomes the "unbrick" of choice.

xDa.Fun

Feb 1, 2012
Planet Earth
Hi

If i have to flash ZEUS/R3V ROM etc. after following the steps in this post, will i lost the Entropy's Kernel as these ROMs have Infusion Kernel.

Thanks

Nits

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Hi

If i have to flash ZEUS/R3V ROM etc. after following the steps in this post, will i lost the Entropy's Kernel as these ROMs have Infusion Kernel.

Thanks

Nits

There are several layers to your questions.

If I'm not mistaken, Infusion kernel and Entropy are similarly based.
Both have recovery built in.

Infusion allows for UV/OC. I'm not sure re:Entropy's.
I don't uv/oc so I can't offer advice there.
If you want Entropy kernel after flashing a custom rom w/o it, just flash entropy through the many methods available.

yohannie

Jan 28, 2012
Finally finished flashing it last night, and it is awesome :)
I also moved all my music to the Google cloud, so no issues with the cracked album art anymore (although it was a pain to upload all the songs).

All videos play perfectly and no other issues as of yet. Thanks so much for this ^^
I hope the "official" GB release ends up being this one, so that I don't have to do this again.

EDIT

Oops, I might have spoken too soon haha. I'm getting the same lag (looks almost like the FPS gets reduced) for games like Asphalt 5/6, and other 3D games. I factory reset after flashing and also had to completely re-download those games in their entirety, so I don't think that's what it is.

I'm not surprised though, because this was exactly what I experienced on that UCLB1 that was updated through Kies several weeks ago. I'm really beginning to wonder if it's something to do with how GB handles games like these, or if it's an isolated case for my phone.

Regardless, I'm too busy these days to play games, so I don't really care anymore lol the overall everyday use stuff (like snappiness, battery life, wifi, etc.) are more important to me right now, and all those are definite improvements from the stock UCKH1 stock I was on.

Last edited:
Reactions: qkster

jdt352

Jan 20, 2012
California
Looks very useful. Thank you! My wife's infuse is probably never going to see the 'official' GB update promised months ago, and this looks like a way to keep it stock, but add the update. Helpful, indeed- thanks!

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
Finally finished flashing it last night, and it is awesome :)
I also moved all my music to the Google cloud, so no issues with the cracked album art anymore (although it was a pain to upload all the songs).

All videos play perfectly and no other issues as of yet. Thanks so much for this ^^
I hope the "official" GB release ends up being this one, so that I don't have to do this again.

EDIT

Oops, I might have spoken too soon haha. I'm getting the same lag (looks almost like the FPS gets reduced) for games like Asphalt 5/6, and other 3D games. I factory reset after flashing and also had to completely re-download those games in their entirety, so I don't think that's what it is.

I'm not surprised though, because this was exactly what I experienced on that UCLB1 that was updated through Kies several weeks ago. I'm really beginning to wonder if it's something to do with how GB handles games like these, or if it's an isolated case for my phone.

Regardless, I'm too busy these days to play games, so I don't really care anymore lol the overall everyday use stuff (like snappiness, battery life, wifi, etc.) are more important to me right now, and all those are definite improvements from the stock UCKH1 stock I was on.

Looks very useful. Thank you! My wife's infuse is probably never going to see the 'official' GB update promised months ago, and this looks like a way to keep it stock, but add the update. Helpful, indeed- thanks!

Thanks...qkster works great....

:D
I have always use the "Heimdall one-click" method, thanks for your efforts.
you da man qkster...:)

I'm glad it works for you guys.

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I've been toying with creating a one click for CM7 on the Infuse. I play with my phone a bit and have used the one click back to stock a few times and it's a terrible pain to then have to start from scratch with stock.

Would anyone else want this?

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
I've been toying with creating a one click for CM7 on the Infuse. I play with my phone a bit and have used the one click back to stock a few times and it's a terrible pain to then have to start from scratch with stock.

Would anyone else want this?

Ewww...no.
Lol..you're jacking.

Don't ask...just do it. Worse thing that will happen is someone bricks their phone and you're blamed for it.

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
And you have to get permission from, cyanogen, linuxbozo...and all others involved

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Reactions: Erik_T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [2.3.6] Heimdall One-click Back-To-Stock UCLB3

Introduction:
    This package will install ATT's SGH-I997 GingerBread UCLB3 to your Infuse 4g.
    This package is intended for use on AT&T Network, however it may work with any network if you reset APN. (I have no experience with other networks)

This package includes:
    Repartitioning: Repartition to stock UCLB3
    Reloading: IBL/PBL, PARAM, SBL, SBL2, Kernel, Recovery, FactoryFS and modem
    formatting:Cache and DBdata

This package does not wipe:
    EFS(Where your serial number and carrier information is stored)
    Data(where your market apps are stored)
    SDCard (where your pictures are stored)

How can you use this package?

1. To cleanly install the latest ATT Infuse UCLB3 Gingerbread leak. No hassle One-Click. Then enjoy the lastest leak of Infuse GB.
    2. To Restore your phone to factory state.
    3. To Restore your phone from boot loops, Samsung Logo, Soft Brick - non-hardware related failures from bad flashes, borked partitions or mismatch voodoo partitions. (I suspect many users will use it for this purpose)
    4. To Get GingerBread Boot Loaders and get rid the the rainbow color recoveries when you try to flash ICS/CM9/CM10/JB

Scenario #1: Oh, gosh! I would love to have the latest GB leak from AT&T! How to I do that? What in the world is Odin? Ain't it some mythological Norse deity?
    Heimdall 1 click - done!
    Scenario #2: I think I did something to my phone. It's not working right. My wifi is dropping like a leaky faucet. My Market is not working. I hate my phone! I wish it was like factory.
    Heimdall 1 click - done!
    Scenario #3: Oh crap! I just #@#% in my pants! I bricked my phone. OMG!!! I'm stuck on SAMSUNG logo! I'm boot looping! I lost recovery! Help me!!!
    Heimdall 1 click - done.

How to INSTALL:

Update to the latest java: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    Run as admin.

1. Put your phone into Download Mode.
    2. If you have not used Heimdall, you will need to set up the driver for device recognition.
    3. Once your device is connected, the DEVICE STATUS should show: CONNECTED. The long FLASH bar will also turn on for flashing.
    4. Click on the FLASH button. (In my opinion: I recommend that you do this in a safe environment. Do not disturb your phone will flashing this firmware. Turn off Antivirus. Do not run any other programs, upload/download/youtube/burning DVD etc)
    5. Once it has completed, your phone will reboot. You will hopefully see the ATT logo and reboot into STOCK UCLB3.
    6. If it did not work, you will have to put it back into DOWNLOAD mode and (8.21.2012:edit for clarification), try flashing it again. Use a different USB port, use a different usb data cord.
    7 Try flashing again until it is successful. Once it goes through correctly, flash a second time, with the FLASH BOOTLOADER box checked. This is more likely if you never had proper Gingerbread bootloaders on your phone, if you are coming from FROYO or if you never had Odin a Gingerbread leak to get your bootloaders.

Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock UCLB3

Link#2 Depositfiles

How I made this package:

I took this leak from here. Please thank Przekret for providing us these packages.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507658

I used Adam Outler's Heimdall One-Click Packaging system.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348392

I used Adam's original post as a model. PIT files came from there as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1331381

I used Heimdall Frontend to create the Heimdall tar.gz.
    I tested on my device several times to ensure functionality.
    It works for me.

DOWNLOAD mode: Power off. Open back cover. Remove battery. Press and hold both volume buttons - (do not hold power button) Insert battery while holding volume buttons. Plug in USB cable.
    It can also be achieved by open back cover, Remove battery. Press and hold both volume buttons. Plug in USB cable and then insert battery.

How to get to download mode: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19445643

Links:
    Original works by Adam Outler UCKJ4: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1331381

Heimdall 1 click ROM packaging and distribution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348392

Adam Outler XDA home page: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3682533

Credits:

Adam Outler for creating the One-Click Heimdall: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3682533
    Paypal Donation Email
    adamoutler@gmail.com
    Please consider a small donation to Adam Outler. His Heimdall One-Click Programs was what save my phone many moons ago.

Przekret: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1255863

Heimdall Development: http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

Disclaimer: I offer this package as my own work. I have tested on my device and it worked after I intentionally borked it several times. I am sharing it. I am not asking you to use it. Use it at your own risk.
    Please don't blame me if some act of God cause your phone to go haywire when you try it.

If you can't get it to work, try a different USB Data cord, a different USB port, try a different PC or just rebooting your PC after driver installation.

Please avoid mirroring unless you have my permission before hand. Thanks.
    Recovery Kernel

RECOVERY:

(6/4/2012 - READ POST #3 ALSO)

After you have flashed the UCLB3, some of you may want to have Red ClockWorkMod (CWM) recovery to flash another ROM.

Put your phone back into DOWNLOAD mode after your phone has booted up.

Flash this package. It is Entropy512's DD kernel. It will boot your phone completely.

Once the phone has booted into stock ROM, use the three fingers technique to get into recovery.

When in CWM:
    I recommend the following to get the cleanest flash that has not failed me.
    1. Wipe data/factory reset.
    2. Wipe Cache.
    3. Go to Advance: wipe dalvik cache.
    4 Go back and into Mount and Storage: format system, format data, format cache.
    5. Go back to main and flash your ROM.

Recovery Mode: Power off, hold both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. Samsung logo should come on. Let go only the power button, Keep holding the volumes buttons for 12-15 seconds and let go.

ENTROPY512's 4.4.2012 kernel.

Credit:

Entropy512 for the kernel: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=591147
    Paypal Donation Email
    atd7@cornell.edu
    Please consider a donation to Entropy.
    We are all enjoy the fruits of his labor. God knows we have very few kernel developers as it is.

Adam Outler for the One-click Heimdall: (see post #1)

Disclaimer: I offer this package as my own work. I have tested on my device and it worked after I intentionally borked it several times. I am sharing it. I am not asking you to use it. Use it at your own risk.
    Please don't blame me if some act of God cause your phone to go haywire when you try it. If you can't get it to work, try a different USB Data cord, a different USB port, try a different PC or just rebooting your PC after driver installation.
    Optional recovery

Zen's Kernels for RECOVERY

This post contains links to Zen's Kernel Packed in Heimdall-1-click.

These can be installed in DOWNLOAD MODE.

They can be flashed just like Entropy's DD.

How are these different? Here is Zen Arcade's Thread:

In essence, there are 2 cores. A16 and B14.
    The A16 can be overclocked to 1600mhz.
    The B14 can be overclocked to 1400mhz.

Both are custom kernels design to run Gingerbread on your Infuse. They have clockworkmod, cifs, MHL HDMI output and many other features.
    Check out Zen Arcade's original thread.

How are these used?

1. If you have a stock GB UCLB3 and you want to root it, flash this in download mode. Nothing else is needed. After that, you can flash my root pack, HERE.

2. If you want to flash a custom ROM. After you have odin or heimdall a GB stock package with bootloaders, and you need CWM recovery, you can flash any one of these kernels and then boot into recovery and then flash your ROM. You don't need to root anything or 3e anything. Just flash the kernel, boot into recovery and flash the ROM.

**To eliminate any voodoo or no lagfix file system problem, I recommend that you locate on your SDCARD the /Voodoo folder or files and delete them. Then the kernel will auto convert your system to EXT4 VOODOO LAGFIX ON.**
    I suspect many SOD's are caused by lagfix mismatch.

3. If you want to OC or UV your CPU/GPU, you can also use these kernels on whatever GB ROM you are running.

LINKS:

InfuZen-A16 Kernel

InfuZen-B14 Kernel

Donate to ZEN

Credits:

Zen Arcade for the Kernels
    Adam Outler for the Heimdall-1-click
    Searched the thread but did not find this answer. I am needing to get my phone back to stock for a trade in program. I am right now running a JB rom. I know that JB has a different partition setup than older versions. I just want to make sure this is OK to use when running JB. I think it should be but I would rather ask before I brick something and loose out on $100 on my phone. Thanks

1. take out microSD if any
    2. reset phone from inside rom to remove any personal material from SDcard
    3. download mode
    4. flash stock package
    5. watch beautiful AT&T logo
    6. play stupid and take it in for trade