[Q] Would this be a hardware problem? T210R hangs, reboots

Search This thread

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
On my stock T210R I experienced the system freeze and reboot just a few seconds after power up, it was all stock.
I installed TWRP 2.7.1.0, then wiped it off. Installed gr8nole's ROM (Nov '13 deodexed, rooted). After doing so, there was a Kernel Panic on boot, so I installed Blackhawk kernel 2.1.

After doing all of the above, it still boots up, comes to the initial setup page, runs a few seconds, freezes and reboots.

Do you think this is a hardware problem?
Any suggestions before I sell it for parts on ebay?
Thanks in advance

M

moonbutt74

logs?

On my stock T210R I experienced the system freeze and reboot just a few seconds after power up, it was all stock.
I installed TWRP 2.7.1.0, then wiped it off. Installed gr8nole's ROM (Nov '13 deodexed, rooted). After doing so, there was a Kernel Panic on boot, so I installed Blackhawk kernel 2.1.

After doing all of the above, it still boots up, comes to the initial setup page, runs a few seconds, freezes and reboots.

Do you think this is a hardware problem?
Any suggestions before I sell it for parts on ebay?
Thanks in advance

does it stay long enough to get logs? even if you have to boot a few times to get them onto your pc and check them out from there?
also with twrp there's some unexplained issue of /data getting corrupted on flashes, the only remedy for which seems to be using the format data option.

m

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
does it stay long enough to get logs? even if you have to boot a few times to get them onto your pc and check them out from there?
also with twrp there's some unexplained issue of /data getting corrupted on flashes, the only remedy for which seems to be using the format data option.

m
Sometimes it goes for several minutes before it freezes, especially if the battery is full, even then apps just randomly close without a notification... Maybe storage related?

Care to share how to gather logs?
Thanks

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
I would use ODIN or KYES to flash it back to OEM stock firmware. Also remove the micro SD card if you have one in there, sometimes corrupt cards can cause boot loop.

dsilx

Apr 21, 2014
fort campbell
true

m

@moonbutt74 there is a prob with corrupted flashes sometimes sometimes not
but i would just go to odin and reinstall the stock firmware then trt again

Reactions: poodleDoo
M

moonbutt74

sharing

Sometimes it goes for several minutes before it freezes, especially if the battery is full, even then apps just randomly close without a notification... Maybe storage related?

Care to share how to gather logs?
Thanks

the answer i got to the same question

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520508
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

fyi- you can get a lot of different info from files that have info to give with

cat /directory/file > /sdcard/output.file

mostly from /proc and digging through /sys

when you get something crazy looking that goes on forever press ctrl then c to stop.

m

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
@moonbutt74 there is a prob with corrupted flashes sometimes sometimes not
but i would just go to odin and reinstall the stock firmware then trt again

The tablet did the same without the sdcard, and I tried a couple times to do a factory reset with no luck.

The fact that it does the same with a different ROM and kernel is what makes me think it's hardware related

the answer i got to the same question

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520508
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

fyi- you can get a lot of different info from files that have info to give with

cat /directory/file > /sdcard/output.file

mostly from /proc and digging through /sys

when you get something crazy looking that goes on forever press ctrl then c to stop.

m

Cool, i'll get syslog installed and see if I can find anything.

Reactions: dsilx

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
Weird thing... It's been up for a day now, I have catlog running and recording; the only different thing is that I enabled battery saving mode, and batt is 94%; I have not used any apps other than checking battery and running catlog, but I did not have to use it for it to freeze and reboot...

If it is still running by this evening, I'll enable one thing at a time (GPS, sound, etc...)
Thanks @moonbutt74 and @dsilx

dsilx

Apr 21, 2014
fort campbell
awesome

Weird thing... It's been up for a day now, I have catlog running and recording; the only different thing is that I enabled battery saving mode, and batt is 94%; I have not used any apps other than checking battery and running catlog, but I did not have to use it for it to freeze and reboot...

If it is still running by this evening, I'll enable one thing at a time (GPS, sound, etc...)
Thanks @moonbutt74 and @dsilx

Awesome to hear sounds like @moonbutt74 was right

Hope it keeps working have fun

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
Ok, it seems to be hardware, as soon as I disable Power Saving mode, the tablet freezes and reboots.
As I understand, power saving mode limits the CPU to a lower performance tier; so I think the CPU is having troubles.

Oh well, as long as I don't try to mine bitcoins with the tablet, I should be good to go.

dsilx

Apr 21, 2014
fort campbell
cool

Ok, it seems to be hardware, as soon as I disable Power Saving mode, the tablet freezes and reboots.
As I understand, power saving mode limits the CPU to a lower performance tier; so I think the CPU is having troubles.

Oh well, as long as I don't try to mine bitcoins with the tablet, I should be good to go.

Well that sucks u have to have battery saver on all the time but at least its working now

M

moonbutt74

hmmm

p,

out of curiosity, are you running any custom cpu/battery/governor apps ?
are you on 4.1 of 4.2, and have you tried ketut's kernel ?

m

poodleDoo

Mar 16, 2012
p,

out of curiosity, are you running any custom cpu/battery/governor apps ?
are you on 4.1 of 4.2, and have you tried ketut's kernel ?

m

I'm running rooted deodexed stock ROM with Blackhawk 2.1 kernel.
But as I mentioned in the OP, the problem was there with the full stock device, the new ROM and kernel were installed after the problem started.

M

moonbutt74

ouch

i think you pegged it right with internal storage being damaged.
only thing i can think of besides getting your money back is do a full data partition wipe and format
and a full system wipe and format
either way that has to suck. sorry i couldn't help.:(

m

Top Liked Posts