[ROOT] [S3] VilleC Superboot R1

Search This thread

thecoby

Feb 10, 2011
Novi Sad
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4b6195abc8b4bedc51e21c3c2e9dc30e

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash').

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
- Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail device, you need to unlock the bootloader first via HTCdev. Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

VilleC Superboot Modaco Forum Thread

This is root method for HTC One S S3 by PaulOBrien from Modaco forum. It is still in test phase, but it is confirmed that it works! I am not owner or maker of this root method, I just reference it to help others.

erkkiboy83

Nov 1, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
hello!
apparently this doesnt work anymore?whenever i use the links from the modaco forums or here i only get to an advertisement to download some video player...

ubejd

Jul 12, 2008
Gjilan
hi

i tried this method and i think it bricked my phone...

phone was unlocked and the battery was round 90%
phone turned black even thought my pc recognized as " my htc " i tried to flash a rom but ruu said that battery is under 30 % ( it took me 20 min to download ) when i tried to power on capacitive buttons are blinking so i took htc charger to charge the phone, when i woke up in the morning the red led is on - i thought it is charging , after i while i connected with pc but now it doesnt recognize at all.

i did some searches but no luck until now

what i can try next ?

jentzschman2000

Dec 22, 2010
Utah
Followed all the steps. Gets to a point where it says waiting for device, yet nothing happens. I ran the htcdev unlocked and it worked.

I have an htc one s and use a mac with OX10

aljazirrr

Sep 26, 2012
Castellon
Y have villec2

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

And thanks man

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4b6195abc8b4bedc51e21c3c2e9dc30e

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash').

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
    - Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
    - WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
    - MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
    - LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail device, you need to unlock the bootloader first via HTCdev. Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

VilleC Superboot Modaco Forum Thread

This is root method for HTC One S S3 by PaulOBrien from Modaco forum. It is still in test phase, but it is confirmed that it works! I am not owner or maker of this root method, I just reference it to help others.
    Does this method solves "write system partition problems" on JellyBean?

Great Work!

nooo,has nothing to do with that r/w issue on jb for villec2