[Q] Trying to root, several attempts failed (Xperia V - Doomlord's and Bin4ry's kits)

Search This thread

Amplifiction

Feb 26, 2014
Hello,

I've been trying to root my Sony Xperia V (LT25i) for some time now. I'm after nothing fancy - just root access. I don't even need an unlocked bootloader. Therefore, I'm only open to methods that don't wipe data.

So far, I've tried using Doomlord's easy root kit (v17) and Bin4ry's universal root (v30 and v33).

I have tried using different PC's (Two running Win7 64x and one running Win7 86x), using different USB cables and ports. ADB drivers have been installed on my PC's, using Sony PC Companion and/or the universal ADB driver. I never installed Flash Tool.

USB debugging and "accept apps from unknown sources" have been switched on. My phone was unlocked (on wakelock) during every attempt.

I have tried rooting build 9.2.A.0.295 (latest - Android 4.3) and the official build Sony released before that. (Not sure about that build's number.)

No matter what I do, all the root kits I've tried get stuck on "Daemon running successfully".

Can anyone please tell me what I've missed?

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Still no way to root 4.3 update using those tools, it isn't supported currently.

spy007dvt

Mar 6, 2014
You may wanna check out rooted version of steveboss and DoomLorD in V Development section :D
I'm using Rooted Odex by steveboss and everything seems smooth :D
Good luck

crexzz

Feb 25, 2014
Noob question

Tried searching but no definitive answers are found.

For unrooted, locked BL device on 9.2.A.0.295 -
can we

1. just flash the official stock kernel for 9.1.A.1.145 then root
  2. use rootkeeper and reflash it back to the kernel of 9.2.A.0.295?

Last edited: