[App] Claystone Launcher 2.4

Search This thread
Apr 13, 2011
Toronto
Sad to say guys that we couldn't continue developing the app. We had built a great following, but not enough of one to justify continuing development.. we all had to get day jobs. We thought we would continue to find the time to make updates here and there but we found we just couldn't do it... to much else going on. Hence why we went out with a wimper not a bang.

Thanks to all those on XDA and elsewhere who supported us, helped test, gave us feedback, were critical, were supportive, you name it. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Artelier

Equaknox

Feb 19, 2014
Equaknox

XDA Fans,

We had a bit of a ah-ha moment late Friday. We've been targeting an early July release of Claystone but frankly have been struggling on creating the core launcher features... then we realized we could play nicely with your current favorite launcher, essentially working in tandem with it rather than replacing it.

I've attached a beta of our Claystone "Obsidian" Pre-Launcher. There are lots of features to be finished, customization and quick launch stack for one!. However, with that caveat in mind, I would love to get your feedback on this iteration of Claystone.

Interesting? Worthwhile? Most important question: Is it an improvement over the previous versions?

Thanks for your invaluable feedback,

Christian
CEO Claystone

Hello Sir, I know I am bot late in the game regarding this launcher, but i am liking this a lot--one thin,,for some reason when i try to launch or log in to Twitter & FaceBook, it will not do anything. Twitter will tell me No internet connection, and Facebook will do nothing--any advise. Running on a HTC One --

mad-monk

Jun 27, 2009
Steenderen
Just downloaded it again. ..it's stil a great launcher working great on my note3...to bad no further development greats mike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE (9/21/2012): We've posted a new version of Claystone - v2.4 - to Google Play @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.claystoneinc !

We've taken a lot of the feedback discovered here in this thread to improve the app, including re-introducing theme support, weather panels, and more.

Check it out and let us know what you think. Thanks! :)

Claystone Team
    http://www.claystoneinc.com
    You'll see from my post count that I never post, but this launcher is unreal!
    I've only just grabbed it, but it clearly opens up some amazing possibilities in terms of productivity...once I figure out how to make use of it properly.

Obviously I have very little other feedback so far, but here it is:
    1. Given the drastic differences in this launcher from the traditional interfaces, one of those fancy introductory videos on youtube showing off the various features and how to best make use of them would really help out new users.
    2. It would be nice to be able to customise some of the panel buttons someday. eg. option to replace contacts with something else.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot if you've already addressed the above feedback elsewhere.
    Thanks heaps for an amazing piece of development.
    Appreciation and Feedback

Thank you for this launcher; it is fresh, attractive, and useful. Are you accepting donations anywhere ?

Here are a couple of my suggestions / requests :
    - ability to re-order home pages
    - ability to clear favorite apps

The second item there refers to what I think is the favorite apps tab on the "My Apps" page -- i.e. the left-hand tab. It is a subset of all apps but shows the vast majority of them and does not seem to reflect what I mark as favorite.

Thanks,

Gifford
    Great util

I generally don't use or like launcher apps, but this on has really caught my eye. My biggest issue is just a personal creativity one-I can never quite figure out how best to use such apps. You'd think that would be obvious, but for me, not so much. :eek: I'll keep it on my phone at see if I can get over my 'usability hump.' Many thanks.
    I like it.

Down points-
    Slow to scroll from screen to screen

Confused on how to resize widgets.

I didn't see how to change what screen goes in what order. Example-I could never get my homescreen to be the middle screen instead of the 1st screen.

I think I'd like a swipe up gesture that allows quick screens glance rather than the middle dock button being the quick screen glance.

I give you props on this. It's turning out nicely and will continue to do so!