[Q] Soft Bricked S4 Checked all other threads

Search This thread

DrRodion

May 3, 2014
Hey guys this is my first post here and I am in need of some help. I have rooted several phones in the past with no trouble before my galaxy s4. I was trying to downgrade my s4 so I could root but managed to soft brick my phone in the process. Trying to turn on my phone I encounter and error saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". I have tried various methods I have found on the forums. Trying to recover firmware in Kies I get an error saying "Firmware Update encountered an unexpected error". Whenever I try to flash anything in odin I get an error.
Code:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I337UCUAMDB_I337ATTAMDB_I337UCUAMDB_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I don't really know what else I can try. My goal is to try to get back to stock.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Are you on mdb firmware? I'm guessing not. You need to flash the same firmware you were on in Odin. If you've taken any ota updates you're on something newer than mdb. There are Odin tar files in the general forum, look for those

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hey guys this is my first post here and I am in need of some help. I have rooted several phones in the past with no trouble before my galaxy s4. I was trying to downgrade my s4 so I could root but managed to soft brick my phone in the process. Trying to turn on my phone I encounter and error saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". I have tried various methods I have found on the forums. Trying to recover firmware in Kies I get an error saying "Firmware Update encountered an unexpected error". Whenever I try to flash anything in odin I get an error.
Code:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
I don't really know what else I can try. My goal is to try to get back to stock.

As jd said, you need to flash the firmware you were on before. MDL and MF3 are other 4.2.2 firmwares, MK2 is the 4.3 firmware, and NB1 is the 4.4.2 firmware. Unless you've had your phone since around launch and never taken an update, you're probably at least on MF3.

Reactions: jd1639

Vega

Nov 9, 2010
Key West
going through the same thing

As jd said, you need to flash the firmware you were on before. MDL and MF3 are other 4.2.2 firmwares, MK2 is the 4.3 firmware, and NB1 is the 4.4.2 firmware. Unless you've had your phone since around launch and never taken an update, you're probably at least on MF3.

although i am on "firmware upgrade encountered an issue screen". i was on nb1 build or somethign like that and mk2 build. i can flash a thing on odin. already tried kies firmware recovery thing cant seem to get that to work

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
although i am on "firmware upgrade encountered an issue screen". i was on nb1 build or somethign like that and mk2 build. i can flash a thing on odin. already tried kies firmware recovery thing cant seem to get that to work

Kies doesn't work for us, you'll need to use the NB1 full ODIN files in the general section.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..

although i have noticed i have to downgrade to mk2 in a some threads.??? can i just get a stock nb1( 4.4.2) firmware and flash it though odin?

That's what I said, get the NB1 files and flash. You only have to downgrade to root.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0