Phone stuck, and won't boot. Possible soft brick?

Search This thread

stikboy73

Jun 15, 2014
There's a very very good chance this should fix your problem. From what you explained you have corrupted the system files on your phone which is preventing it from booting. What your about to do is reinstall the complete system again. That should fix everything for you.

Reserved.

Jan 1, 2012
It worked! Thank you Kriptik and stikboy! I really appreciate all the help you were, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. Seriously, thank you so much.

I do have one more question. I'm going to use: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-root-t-mobile-galaxy-s4-on-android-4-4-2-kitkat/ to root it, now that I know it's 4.4.2. Do I need a 4.4.2 ROM or can I install Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (4.3.1 Andriod Version), which is the stable version of CM. Or do I need to find a 4.4.2 ROM?

And thanks again!

Last edited:

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
It worked! Thank you Kriptik and stikboy! I really appreciate all the help you were, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you. Seriously, thank you so much.

I do have one more question. I'm going to use: http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-root-t-mobile-galaxy-s4-on-android-4-4-2-kitkat/ to root it, now that I know it's 4.4.2. Do I need a 4.4.2 ROM or can I install Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (4.3.1 Andriod Version), which is the stable version of CM. Or do I need to find a 4.4.2 ROM?

And thanks again!

You can flash any custom ROM you want =)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Well any sgh-m919 ROM unless otherwise stated by the ROM developer lol

Reserved.

Jan 1, 2012
You can flash any custom ROM you want =)

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Well any sgh-m919 ROM unless otherwise stated by the ROM developer lol

Awesome thank you. I just waned to make sure to avoid any more issues xD

Thank you guys again, seriously live savers you two are :D

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
Awesome thank you. I just waned to make sure to avoid any more issues xD

Thank you guys again, seriously live savers you two are :D

No problem. If you are ever iffy about doing anything with your phones, you can always read any posts or comments on any website or forum. Dont be afraid to ask questions ;)

Top Liked Posts