[ROM][4.4.2][PORT] Carbon Kitkat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Luigi-Bros

Dec 29, 2012
Download new test build here
Please tell me if the wifi issue continues

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Changelog build test [20140126]
Kernel updated
Modules updated
Probably wifi issue fixed
App to SD fixed

Wifi doesn't work :(

Last edited:

f4n471c

Dec 5, 2012
Hey guys, i really like this ROM. It has the Best Performance so far. But is there any way to enable a Quick unlock when on lockscreen with PIN? (like on CM 11)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9070 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Mikami15

mendo92

Jan 18, 2013
Only one question, I saw your reply on cm11 topic @GæxD did you think that sources can help you with this rom and the others o.o???!?!?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Only one question, I saw your reply on cm11 topic @GæxD did you think that sources can help you with this rom and the others o.o???!?!?

It should help. And to make possibility to build other ROMs like Carbon from sources. ;) Goodbye to monopoly of one dev who found solution fo OMX and keep it for himself. :D:D:D

mendo92

Jan 18, 2013
Bug I think today.... My battery is draining a lot... in 10 minutes it drain 10% then I restart the phone and from 30% it goes to 45% and every time I go to sleep mode (power button) it drain 2-3% in 30seconds - 1 minute o_O I need to wait 0% and charge it when my phone is off??? It's very strange..

Edit: now 32% and no drain but I don't if it stops because I turn off 3G and Wifi.... I'll check tomorrow...

Last edited:

assassin0408

Jan 31, 2013
It should help. And to make possibility to build other ROMs like Carbon from sources. ;) Goodbye to monopoly of one dev who found solution fo OMX and keep it for himself. :D:D:D

Yeahhh..go shut down..goodbye to monopoly and i will try to build other aosp rom from sources too..you guys should also learn to setup environment, sync sources, and built rom.. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
something broken.. I swear I wasn't in a call........ :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-26-15-45-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-26-15-45-39.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 360

timbuctoo

Back to build 8 (from 9)

Using Carbon_4.4.2-KK_TEAM-P8_20140121_Build-8.zip. Largely smooth.

+ Wi-Fi works

- Gesture typing doesn't work
- Homescreen -> Options -> Settings has no effect
- Creating a folder on a homescreen and placing shortcuts does not open up fully, i.e, a smaller window with non-clickable icons is displayed (I placed 12 shortcuts - all Google applications)

Here's how to reproduce the last one: Use Task Manager or any application to free memory with non-root access. Click on the folder icon. Note: I did not kill the launcher, only the other non-system processes.

Could someone with permissions please consolidate the bugs in this thread's home?

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
Yes, it is a phone.apk wakelock. I was getting that too. It was after installation of CM11, and after reboot it was fine.

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока

I wonder if a reboot would fix it forever or just remove the lock till the next "trigger" re-lock it again.... in other words: I don't believe in reboot fixing things.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarbonROM.jpg

Hi guys, this is a thread port Carbon 4.4.2 rom from S3 Mini to S Advance.

@Flo0008
    @joaog18
    TEAM P8

aONuyH6.png

Macław-Team
    theHacka1
    Team Canjica
    J-Team
    Carbon Rom Team

zfPR9Cm.png

assassins0408
    shut_down
    PolishVodka
    KINGbabasula
    dagger
    Tesla-Madal

All who helped us in any way: Thank you so much ;)

rIkWlZg.png

Download the most stable Carbon Builds HERE

We don't want money from anybody, but if you like our work, perhaps you can press the Thanks-Button :D

Contributors
    @Flo0008, @joaog18
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP
    Base: Android 4.1.2

Version Information

Created 2014-01-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-01​
    Features

IUVpKQp.png

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
    All features of Carbon here

7P3YHPW.png

Installing for the first time and updating a previous build:[/U] -> Just try to install updates without any wiping, perhaps it works, if not, please do a factory reset and wipe chache and dalvik chache in your Recovery (CWM)

1. Download Rom and Gapps
    2. Download SU here
    3. Move the downloads to your SD Card
    4. Reboot to Recovery, Factory Reset, Wipe Chache, Wipe Dalvik (advanced)
    5. Install rom, GApps and after them SU
    6. Reboot System

If root doesn't work:
    1. Download SU here
    2. Move it to your SD card and flash it in CWM recovery
    3. Reboot

Extras:
    - Settings -> Performance and change the default governor to ABYSSPLUG. Check set on boot.
    - Tap build number 7 times. Go to developer settings and switch runtime from Dalvik to ART -> boot lasts some minutes
    sIXvYjG.png

2014 Jan 18 21:26 - Buid7: Auto brightness fixed -thank you @PolishVodka

2014 Jan 05 23:26 - Buid6: Audio bug fixed, no WiFi toggle bug (for me), more ringtones and sounds added

2014 Jan 05 01:26 - Buid5: Screen recorder, volume rocker wake added, sound settings merged...

2014 Jan 03 11:26 - Buid4: Apollo music player, DSP Manager and Galaxy S Advance Settings added; more Carbon features; less MB-Size

2014 Jan 02 11:19 - Buid3: Sources updated; Music bug solved (thanks @thehacka1)

2014 Jan 01 20:16 - Build2: Data working

2014 Jan 01 18:00 - Build1: First release
    Screenshots

Here some Screenshots:
    Hi everybody ... So in the last days and weeks I spent a lot of time in front of the computer with porting roms and so on ... I decided to stop for the first time with porting roms and so on ... You want to know the reason? I can't tell it because I don't know it ... When I opened a new thread in Ace II thread I began to think about words from an very good developer and I can only say he told the truth ... We should look at these developers, who are building roms from sourse, they are the future for our phones, this people began to make our phones better, no devs like this means no porting of roms and no CM or other roms for our phones ... The community has only one target, a working rom for their phone.

The message should be, we should say thanks to people like @frapeti, @Rox, @Chirag_Galani, @cocafe, @KINGbabasula, @BOOTMGR, @Tesla-MADAL93, @Sami Kabir, @fedevd, @Alberto97, @hastalafiesta, @Shaaan, @thehacka1 and so on ... And yeah, sorry for this but I don't mean you, @New Macław , because I don't like people like you. You can make really good Roms, but you never understood the sense behind the words 'Open Source'. Perhaps you understand this one day if you need help but didn't get one from other people ... Money is not the whole live ... This people made out oft a small phone like our S Advance a very good phone with so different and amazing roms...We should say thanks to this people in using their roms, they invested so much time and love in their roms. So sorry for so much Off topic.

So stay tuned guys ;) Yours, Flo ;)

Perhaps I will continue with this project anytime, probably not ... So thank you for everything all devs ... Our phone got so much awesome roms only because of you all :D

Special thanks go to my friend joaog ... he supported me so much and he's a great team colleague and thank you PolishVodka for everything ;)

Bye

I know I am not very simple but I had to say this xD

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app