Thanks Meter: 186

By Xstop, Senior Member on 16th November 2010, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2012, 04:12 AM |#141  
Flag Atlanta Metro
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up genius!
i cannot thank you enough! i bought everything in the pictures and worked great! really needed this since im leaving town wednesday...

UPDATE: bad flash updating to froyo, now touching resistors only causes the phone to show the phone-!-computer screen

3rd July 2012, 05:26 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 2,487

More
Use that screen as the Download mode screen. Or pull battery for a minute or so, replace and then try the jig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
8th July 2012, 04:00 AM |#143  
Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Used this method a while ago when I softbricked and it worked perfectly. To those saying that others should just buy a $2 jig on Ebay, you should probably consider that some people need their Cappy as their daily phone and can't go without it while they wait for the jig to come in the mail.

One thing to point out is that this worked perfectly on my Captivate, but it takes a while to strip down the USB piece. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't seem like you're getting anywhere, just keep hacking at it. It took me like 20 minutes.
14th September 2012, 02:16 AM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I wanna try this guide i will create a jig . Basically i just hard brick my phone(Galaxy 551) it does not boot and does not boot at recovery only black screen..? If i get into download mode i will remove the jig and attach the phone into computer i am correct?
14th September 2012, 03:19 AM |#145  

More
Correct as far as the Captivate, but your device I am not sure of.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
14th September 2012, 02:04 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2ndtwin

Correct as far as the Captivate, but your device I am not sure of.

Basically i know that the USB Jig will work in our device one of the user of my phone use the USB Jig (But he buy one not homemade) and it get's into download mode i hope that i can get the same result. do i need a resistor that is 1/4 watts?
14th September 2012, 02:07 PM |#147  

More
1/4 watt ---- Yes.

15th September 2012, 09:44 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for the tip and just finish doing the jig and work perfect with 3 risistor thank u.
6th October 2012, 03:15 AM |#149  
Flag Green Bay
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Thanks, saved my phone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGSQsagdexc
6th October 2012, 08:04 AM |#150  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 13

More
You can just buy a USB jig from eBay , for about $3 - $5. I bought mine awhile ago, but I think I payed about $4. Free shipping too.

Sent from my CyanogenMod 10 flashed Captivate using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Limitz Cash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Limitz Cash Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 12:30 AM |#151  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I bought a Captivate to sell, it had a custom ROM that was missing the kernel when I factory reset it.

Was able to do Download mode the correct way (volume up + down and insert USB cable) the first time, tried using an all-in-one Odin flasher off some other lame site, and it pretty much bricked it up. Wasn't able to use the normal Download mode method, but after running across this thread whilst doing some Googling, I ran to RadioShack and created a new tool =D

The silicone sucked getting out from between the wires, but other than that, it worked like a CHARM!

Thank you so much!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)