Power Line Communication

Search This thread

ask5868

Apr 6, 2014
I ve got a plc adapter of d-link(DHP-P306 ).Ι had a successful internet connection in three different rooms.Suddenly.i lost connection and since then I am randomly connected,except for the pc that is in the same room with the router.I ve set up the adapters through a process that i found in various websites(pushed the safety button to synchronize adapters).But still i ve got problem( Huston)!! Is there any hint?

mauchito

Sep 17, 2013
Hi buddy

Actually I had a similar problem, and then I noticed that the PLC from D-Link have a power saver mode that, if you don't use it for a certain amount of time (mine is 5 minutes) it will cut the internet connection. For me, 5 minutes is the most moronic thing they could have done, so whenever I don't use the internet for 5 minutes, it closes the connection, even if I'm logged in my PS3 session, it just stop working. I have noticed that this is in various d-link models, maybe that's the same issue with yours?

ask5868

Apr 6, 2014
Hi buddy

Actually I had a similar problem, and then I noticed that the PLC from D-Link have a power saver mode that, if you don't use it for a certain amount of time (mine is 5 minutes) it will cut the internet connection. For me, 5 minutes is the most moronic thing they could have done, so whenever I don't use the internet for 5 minutes, it closes the connection, even if I'm logged in my PS3 session, it just stop working. I have noticed that this is in various d-link models, maybe that's the same issue with yours?
is it feasible to deactivate this option?i don know if thats the same problem because so far i had no disconnections.. :/

ask5868

Apr 6, 2014
is it feasible to deactivate this option?i don know if thats the same problem because so far i had no disconnections.. :/
what is more..i turn on my computer that is connected to a plc adapter.i have an internet connection.if another computer,that is in another room,turns on then i lose my connection.its like the other pc "steals" my connection's power.

another incident,if i remove the laptop's plug and i use only the battery then i can be connected.like there is not enough power for energy and sign transmission simultaneously.

any idea for causes and solutions??