650 posts
Thanks Meter: 516

By GabrialDestruir, Senior Member on 12th November 2011, 07:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2011, 04:40 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Problem with font setting on Nook Reader
After upgrade touchnooter-1-11-11.zip , when reading books on Nook Reader the Font Settings only has: Size . It doesn't has Line Spacing, Margin, Fonts anymore. Please help me out if you have solution on this

2nd December 2011, 02:35 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please send guide on how to intall filemanager
3rd December 2011, 03:22 PM |#103  

More
hi, I just rooted my simple touch and while everything works fine, market and adb do not work so I cannot install anything on it. youtube launched first time but now when i launch it, nothing happens. With market - I get error that it cannot connect. Gmail works fine though.

I have samsung phone as well and adb works fine with it. I did install usb drivers for nook and swithed usb debugging on.

Any ideas? i just need to install a couple apps and be done with it.
3rd December 2011, 06:08 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriskey

hi, I just rooted my simple touch and while everything works fine, market and adb do not work so I cannot install anything on it. youtube launched first time but now when i launch it, nothing happens. With market - I get error that it cannot connect. Gmail works fine though.

I have samsung phone as well and adb works fine with it. I did install usb drivers for nook and swithed usb debugging on.

Any ideas? i just need to install a couple apps and be done with it.

just did erase & deregister - it rebooted and market works now. weird...
4th December 2011, 01:37 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

More
I received another PM today that the "Wait a day" method works.

Also I found that Multitouch (at least for me) is working with the latest Google Maps version as I was able to zoom in and out using it. This is just using the latest TouchNooter.
4th December 2011, 02:14 AM |#107  
Flag Kings County, NY
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrialDestruir

I received another PM today that the "Wait a day" method works.

Also I found that Multitouch (at least for me) is working with the latest Google Maps version as I was able to zoom in and out using it. This is just using the latest TouchNooter.

Wait, so the NST hardware actually *does* support multitouch? I don't know, I'm not sure if I ever tried Google Maps. It's not something specific to the nooter, right? That doesn't make sense to me, anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to LastSilmaril For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LastSilmaril Ad-Free
4th December 2011, 05:15 AM |#108  

More
i take that back - after reboot market stopped working
4th December 2011, 11:03 AM |#109  
Flag ouagadougou
Thanks Meter: 1

More
root and registration
is it absolutly necesserary to be registred for root ? I can't registred my nook and so I'm wondering if that step is negociable ?
thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to yves84_2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yves84_2000 Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 10:25 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yves84_2000

is it absolutly necesserary to be registred for root ? I can't registred my nook and so I'm wondering if that step is negociable ?
thanks

Theoretically if you skip the OOBE, instructions are probably on the wiki or something, that you once you were past it rooting would work. You could then when you wanted to register at a later date just run Oobe Reg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSilmaril

Wait, so the NST hardware actually *does* support multitouch? I don't know, I'm not sure if I ever tried Google Maps. It's not something specific to the nooter, right? That doesn't make sense to me, anyway.

I never made any changes specific to Multitouch, but I was definitely able to pinch zoom in Maps the other day. Testing it now the pinch zoom does work, but it's shoddy at best. Sometimes it'll zoom in when you want out and vice versa, but it's definitely there.
The Following User Says Thank You to GabrialDestruir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GabrialDestruir Ad-Free
ace7196
7th December 2011, 06:28 AM |#111  

More
Seems you don't need to register.
Coming from a NC to a NST, the posted nooter worked, but lost market and adb. Installed after that following the guide from NookDevs, and have adb working. No real need for market, just needed to "adb install" root explorer and dropbox

EDIT: Market starting working today.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)