[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / Releases [SR3]

Search This thread

Gio_ital

Feb 22, 2013
Rome
Huawei P30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10
R: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / M-Series [M2]

Anyone experiencing issues with the 20130315 Build and TEST2 Kernel with screen ghosts, or lack of refresh? It is happening any time I make a selection from the settings menu, checkbox, or apps, where you select and option and even though the option is set the display does not show until another touch event is made.

Other than that I have good battery life and great performance!

Everything works fine for me. No issues

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
In the dmesg I saw that the updated battery driver called the function htc_battery_update_change(); so I added only that to the older driver.
After that the indicator is working well when plugging in but takes a few seconds to change after you remove the cable. It's better than before that it would change only if the battery% changed.

Yeah, I was trying something similar last night after comparing old / new driver dmesg but it didn't go anywhere with my bad kernel-fu skills. Indicator isn't exactly instant with the new driver either, so maybe that function is only thing needed for indicator to work correctly? Do you have diff or something that you could share? Or is it just this change on lines 923-926 -> 956-958: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/K...f7be0bf8751ca2f37ff093c38375b736a54ea8#L0R958?

Edit: I added that change from above and now plugging in works ok but unplugging takes around 10 seconds for indicator to catch up. Almost there! :) I'll try to find something for unplugging without putting in too much of the Flemmard's driver update commit. Thank you, paulb_nl!

Last edited:

paulb_nl

May 31, 2009
Yeah, I was trying something similar last night after comparing old / new driver dmesg but it didn't go anywhere with my bad kernel-fu skills. Indicator isn't exactly instant with the new driver either, so maybe that function is only thing needed for indicator to work correctly? Do you have diff or something that you could share? Or is it just this change on lines 923-926 -> 956-958: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/K...f7be0bf8751ca2f37ff093c38375b736a54ea8#L0R958?

Yeah I just added the htc_battery_update_change() below the update_os_batt_status(&poweralg) at line 926
The htc_battery_update_change() is in arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery.c and it sends an uevent if the charger has changed.
After comparing the code for a while I couldn't figure out how the old driver worked correctly without this though.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Yeah I just added the htc_battery_update_change() below the update_os_batt_status(&poweralg) at line 926
The htc_battery_update_change() is in arch/arm/mach-msm/htc_battery.c and it sends an uevent if the charger has changed.
After comparing the code for a while I couldn't figure out how the old driver worked correctly without this though.

Looks like it wasn't just resetting some flags when cable_type was CONNECT_TYPE_NONE in cable_status_handler_func() and ktime_set() had quite large value. It should be working now without interfering with reported percentage thus I merged it to kb-stable and it'll be included in tomorrow's nightly so no need to flash battery test kernels anymore.

Commit: https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/KangBanged-7x30/commit/85d7ab4b7cb432b0fba7fbd3d37e8d295323b0e8

Updated performance kernel is coming soon without further notice.

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / M-Series [M2]

hi! im learning to build from source, using the instructions in the op. i have my build env set up, the build process finishes and zip is created. but when i flash the rom, wifi doesnt work - the option in settings to turn it on is unavalible/gray. to be honest i havent even tried to tackle the problem with logcat, because as far as i can understand it should work since im building from a working source, so the error is somewhere in the compiling process. and on the other hand, i know very little about logcat debugging.

i also tried to build cfx, and it works as expected, meaning it has the same bugs as mentioned in the thread. wifi works there though.

so im i bit lost here. i know i made some mistake somewhere, but i have no idea where to start looking. it confuses me even more, since both roms use the same kernel.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
hi! im learning to build from source, using the instructions in the op. i have my build env set up, the build process finishes and zip is created. but when i flash the rom, wifi doesnt work - the option in settings to turn it on is unavalible/gray. to be honest i havent even tried to tackle the problem with logcat, because as far as i can understand it should work since im building from a working source, so the error is somewhere in the compiling process. and on the other hand, i know very little about logcat debugging.

i also tried to build cfx, and it works as expected, meaning it has the same bugs as mentioned in the thread. wifi works there though.

so im i bit lost here. i know i made some mistake somewhere, but i have no idea where to start looking. it confuses me even more, since both roms use the same kernel.

Does flashing one of the battery test kernels fix it?

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
it does, thanks. but i would still like to understand what went wrong during the build...

Are you using ccache? If yes, try to build without it. If it works after that, you have corrupted cache that breaks bcmdhd module. Clear the cache and make sure you have similar version ccache binaries in prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/. I was using 2.x and 3.x binaries with the same CCACHE_DIR last autumn and that broke bcmdhd and I spent a week trying to figure out why it doesn't work.

Reactions: t0mas_

t0mas_

Jan 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Are you using ccache? If yes, try to build without it. If it works after that, you have corrupted cache that breaks bcmdhd module. Clear the cache and make sure you have similar version ccache binaries in prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/. I was using 2.x and 3.x binaries with the same CCACHE_DIR last autumn and that broke bcmdhd and I spent a week trying to figure out why it doesn't work.

will try, thank you

edit:
another thing i just observed is that compiler complains about unsupported version of java it says i should have java SE, but i have openjdk installed. i left it build, and if it doesnt work ill deal with it tomorrow, its 2.30 here

Last edited:

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
will try, thank you

edit:
another thing i just observed is that compiler complains about unsupported version of java it says i should have java SE, but i have openjdk installed. i left it build, and if it doesnt work ill deal with it tomorrow, its 2.30 here

Linaro compiles with openjdk from what I've heard so that shouldn't cause any problems. CM added that support too, otherwise it wouldn't even start building with openjdk.

Last edited:

superbeast_87

Aug 7, 2012
Is there any way to set my phone number? I know its possible in CFX 4.2.2 but i'm not seeing it in this build. Menu -> System Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> My Phone Number shows my number as unknown and this is important for certain apps I use.

max-555

Dec 28, 2010
Luxembourg

Is there any way to set my phone number? I know its possible in CFX 4.2.2 but i'm not seeing it in this build. Menu -> System Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> My Phone Number shows my number as unknown and this is important for certain apps I use.

Try to go to dialer settings, then additional settings and enable show you phone number.

WordsworthESP

Jul 23, 2012
Macon

Try to go to dialer settings, then additional settings and enable show you phone number.
It's no longer in additional settings. I'm not sure where it is anymore, but I'm currently looking.

The setting you're referring to only controls whether your number is displayed in outgoing calls, which isn't what he was asking about.

Sent from my Inspire 4G w/CM10.1

Last edited:

pnoire

Oct 14, 2009
It's no longer in additional settings. I'm not sure where it is anymore, but I'm currently looking.

The setting you're referring to only controls whether your number is displayed in outgoing calls, which isn't what he was asking about.

Sent from my Inspire 4G w/CM10.1

This phone number is "unknown" in stock JB roms too.
I wonder which apps need that info from "About". Usually apps working with phone number request it on first launch after installation (we have to type it) or know how to get the info in the system. But maybe i'm wrong ;)

Reactions: mehrshadkh

blackbuffalo

Oct 10, 2012
Hà Nội
OnePlus 8
I wonder which apps need that info from "About". Usually apps working with phone number request it on first launch after installation (we have to type it) or know how to get the info in the system. But maybe i'm wrong ;)

The phone number is my number with this rom.
Simple do this, plugin sim card in to old phone such as Nokia 1202 or 1280 0r samsung 1208 then go to contact setting type your phone number and save.
Unplug your sim card and re plugin in to phone with JB rom and see in about. It'll display your number here

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org

The phone number is my number with this rom.
Simple do this, plugin sim card in to old phone such as Nokia 1202 or 1280 0r samsung 1208 then go to contact setting type your phone number and save.
Unplug your sim card and re plugin in to phone with JB rom and see in about. It'll display your number here

This will affect the availability of group messaging setting in messages etc. I've been debugging it with help from greiland but we got nowhere. It's working fine when I did a test build with cfx's frameworks_opt_telephony and hardware_ril repos in January, so I guess it's some sort of ril problem but I couldn't narrow it down more. It is also affecting just part of the users and not all which is kind of weird.

As temporary workaround, greiland was able to set it manually with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lytsing.myphonenumber.

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
Reactions: mehrshadkh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM10.1 JellyBean Nightlies / Releases brought to you by Mustaavalkosta and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM10 nightlies.

GijgSN5.png
    A1gKSTb.png
    dz0CEmg.png
    TVboRJ4.png

#include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    Builds are generated automatically each day week (except "releases" which will be done once a month and after SR1 when required) with latest changes from CM, Andromadus and myself. Builds use some required Andromadus' repos for msm7x30 that can be found from github (link below) and local device repo for ace. Kernel is based on synergye's KangBang kernel with some changes to fulfill some dependencies on this rom. Local manifest used for the builds can be found here. If the builds stop coming at some point, it most likely means there are changes in upstream that broke the build. I'll attend to solving such situations when I have time. Latest 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus (for msm7x30 repos)
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • Juansheng
    • KangBangKreations (shipped kernel is based on this)
    • paulb_nl
    • thachtunganh (s2w)
    • PipelinerArd (for initial spark for this project)
    • synergye
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • a user (for provided tweaks)
    • Flow-Wolf (for the video review, see Q&A)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Fresh installation instructions:
    20130313 and newer nightlies are not compatible with KangBang 3.x or older!
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases [BasketBuild mirror]
    2. Download gapps (goo.im/gapps)
    3. Put the files on SD card.
    4. Reboot to recovery.
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-10.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    7. Flash gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
    8. Reboot and enjoy.

Update installation instructions:
    20130313 and newer nightlies are not compatible with KangBang 3.x or older!
    1. Download Nightlies / Releases [BasketBuild mirror]
    2. Put the file on SD card.
    3. Reboot to recovery.
    4. Flash cm-10.1-xxxxxxxx-UNOFFICIAL-ace.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you are HTCDev unlocked.
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them.
    7. Reboot and enjoy.

InspireMod

Donations:
    (codefi.re donations are used to cover the server costs, my donations will be used to increase my beard growth in a way or another)

Q&A:
    Q: What's "M-Series"?
    A:
    CyanogenMod said:
    We aren’t exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: HTC Dev unlock is pretty much useless when flashing roms from recovery. Until HTC One, it doesn't allow flashing boot partition from recovery which pretty much kills or cripples any custom rom if boot.img has been modified. You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: What does the ROM look like?
    A: Video review by Flow-Wolf.

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM10.1 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.
    Code:
    mkdir cm10
    cd cm10/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.1
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/Mustaavalkosta/android/raw/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/cm_ace.xml
    repo sync
    cd vendor/cm/
    ./get-prebuilts
    cd ../../
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_ace-userdebug
    mka bacon
    Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/ace/ directory.

Q: My device rebooted itself all the way to the white HTC bootsplash. What should I do?
    A:
    Regarding the reboots, it would be incredibly helpful if someone could get a last_kmsg after an unexpected reboot. To do so, go directly to recovery after the reboot (without booting into android) via the volume key and power button, then run adb pull /proc/last_kmsg on your computer and upload. I thought the issue was stemming from out of pmem errors like on vision which is why I increased pmem allocation again. Without any evidence, it's just guesswork though.
    Flashable zip to copy /proc/last_ksmg to your sdcard, no adb needed: http://downloads.codefi.re/mustaavalkosta/last_kmsg.zip

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies / Releases [SR3], ROM for the HTC Desire HD

Contributors
    Mustaavalkosta
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: SR3
    Stable Release Date: 2013-11-25

Created 2014-10-09
    Last Updated 2014-10-09
    SR1

This will be the last milestone release until CM puts out another stable release or I get big enough breakthrough somewhere that it will require building a new ROM. This is just a heads up not to wait milestone builds to continue monthly. There's not much point to release almost identical ROMs just that people can feel they have the latest stuff in their phones. For that purpose there are nightlies. :)

I also cleaned up directory structure a bit on codefi.re and thus also on goo.im. Nightlies can be found under "nightlies" directory from now on and these milestone builds are under "releases". I hope this change makes it a bit easier to follow the logic behind the builds.

Thanks for all the contributions since RC5!

Download: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Buttonlight patch: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Perf kernel: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Changelog: [pastebin]
    Manifest: [github]

ps. I recently got asked for an Android related job and I'll start soon so my time with this will be a bit more limited than it has been this far but I don't see this as a huge problem as the most time-consuming and urgent stage for this rom is already far behind.
    I changed crontab for nightlies to only produce a nightly build once a week on Mondays. There are not that many changes anymore that they would require daily builds. This frees build server resources for other users.

I may still do SR1.2 at some point. My personal feel of the dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit change is that the lower value works better and I probably want to put that change out to SR releases too. It has been live on nightlies for some time.

I'm now living at the new place and my move went smoothly. It's still a bit chaotic but I hope to get back to working on ace soon. Thanks for all the help and support on this thread for the past ~7.5 months. Many problems wouldn't have been solved without wide user feedback and testing. :)
    SR2

So, here it is. It took a bit longer than an hour overall due various things but oh well, sleep is for the weak. :p

Download: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Buttonlight patch: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Perf kernel: [codefi.re][goo.im]
    Changelog: [pastebin][codefi.re] (It doesn't include totally new repos, it was too messy with those.)
    Manifest: [github]

ps. New gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip
    RC1

You can now download RC1 build from: http://downloads.codefi.re/mustaavalkosta/cm-10-1-unofficial-ace/release-candidates

BIG FAT DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS NOT COMPARABLE TO OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD RELEASE CANDIDATES. IT'S AS UNSTABLE OR STABLE AS THE LATEST NIGHTLIES HAVE BEEN AND EPIC BEARD MEN WILL SHAVE YOU WITH AN AXE IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IT NOT BEING STABLE ENOUGH TO CALL IT RELEASE CANDIDATE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Sorry for the caps but I already saw my share of useless crying about semantics on cfx thread and SR naming scheme.

Download and enjoy!