[APP][4.0+][ROOT] SCR Screen Recorder

Search This thread

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
even on my s3 with cm11 its unstable. I will wait untill i give a rate in playstore. Hope you can fix it. th concept is good. ;D
Start SCR when you're online and try restoring default settings (i.e. open SCR Settings and select "Resotre defaults" from menu).
This will download the most stable settings based on usage statistics.

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
Im having yhe negative/sepia thing image effect

Try toggling "Inverted color fix" in SCR Settings. If it's already selected unselect it. In case that doesn't solve the problem try changing resolution of Video encoder (sometimes color issues are caused by hardware color converter not supporting certain resolutions.

AliL7

Apr 23, 2014
Best settings?

I tried this app out yet I can't really get some good videos, it's a bit slow (8/10 fps).
What settings do you recommend for a LG P700 (LG Optimus L7) Running on MIUI V5?

Z

ZeroX7C

Maybe SCR could have recording types... For instance, Kit Kat devices can record screen natively using ADB, while Jellybean devices could use the same default rendering type currently. :confused:

Rec. uses the Kit Kat native recording, which proved to be more stable (however only for Kit Kat, of course)

OdeeanRDeathshead

Jan 6, 2006
www.odeean.com
Works Great.

I gave the free version a try and it works great. I am running a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The performance obviously strains the device with higher settings but down at 1280 res and 15 frames/sec it is virtually unnoticeable.

I bought the premium version. Thanks.

Last edited:

nosekefik

Jun 29, 2010
Albocàsser
Hi!
I trying to use it on my Xiaomi Mi2s with MIUI v5, but i can't.
I see the icon on the notification bar, but it don't do anything.
I'm root!

Nakedchef

Apr 26, 2013
I got Error 302 @ SCR Pro
Device [rooted] is a TAB3 10.1 with Android 4.2.2
Screenshot_2014-06-03-11-25-32.png

Heroata

May 22, 2013
In my onda v972, it giving important error. İ can use only mpeg-4 (slow) im not wanna slow :( my tablet is a monster but i cant use it. İ must use it my youtube channel. İ bought this tablet for my channel.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Screenshot_2014-06-03-11-25-32.png

my error too like as it. Help pls @iwobanas

cpr05

Jun 6, 2014
Mic+Internal

:good:Well i am attempting to make a minecraft Pe lets play with commentary and i was wondering if there was any way to record mic from my earpods and internal audio from game. Is that possible to add or am i just missing it. thx someone plz help.

~cpr05

Last edited:

SadHeroXIII

Jun 6, 2012
Al Qatif
Galaxy note II

1st problem
record with inverted color " the option to fix it was choosen by default "
2nd
after uncheck that option I try to record but my phone then force restart ! and not solved whatever I do !:mad:

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
Hi!
I trying to use it on my Xiaomi Mi2s with MIUI v5, but i can't.
I see the icon on the notification bar, but it don't do anything.
I'm root!

You need to enable popup windows for SCR in MiUi to see the SCR floating window. You can do it through MiUi app settings.
Adding a notification informing about the missing MiUi setting is on my TODO list.

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
:good:Well i am attempting to make a minecraft Pe lets play with commentary and i was wondering if there was any way to record mic from my earpods and internal audio from game. Is that possible to add or am i just missing it. thx someone plz help.
~cpr05
Unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. Android allows recording from only one device at a time and the internal audio recording simulates microphone. This is a common requirement so I'm investigating possible workarounds but at the moment i found only one: writing a custom software mixer. This requires a lot of work but if I don't find any alternative I'll probably do it some day.

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
Galaxy note II

1st problem
record with inverted color " the option to fix it was choosen by default "
2nd
after uncheck that option I try to record but my phone then force restart ! and not solved whatever I do !:mad:

The "Inverted color fix" is selected based on the statistics gathered from other users of the same device/android version. Given the number of different ROMs (even for the same Android version) the default value is not always correct.

Toggling "Inverted color fix" shouldn't cause recording issues or restarts. Maybe you changed some other settings (e.g. video encoder or image transformation) at the same time? Try restoring default settings (select "Restore defaults" from menu) and then just change the "Inverted color fix" checkbox.

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013

Apparently there is a problem with the native binary installation on x86 version of the app.
Unfortunately I don't own Tab3 to test it myself but I'm going to analyze the logs and try to solve this issue with the help of users who reported the problem.

For now try reinstalling SCR and if this doesn't help tap "Report" on the error dialog so that I can analyze the logs.

iwobanas

Aug 26, 2013
the video became corrupted after a sudden shutdown on my phone. :? how do I fix this?:confused:

At the moment there is no way to fix this. Just like if you pull the battery out during recording with the android camera you get the unplayable file.
The good news is that it's technically possible to recover at least part of the video.

I'm working on the app to repair such broken videos and will publish it early next week.
At the moment only H264 video codec will be supported but I may add support for other codecs in the future updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Official SCR Screen Recorder thread
    Check out SCR Screen Recorder, the Android most comprehensive screencast recording app.
    SCR Screen Recorder supports all Android versions since 4.0 and utilizes the best encoding method available on each platform. Since the first release in early 2013 SCR Screen Recorder is frequently updated and new features are added regularly.

Unique features:
    • SYSTEM AUDIO (requires root) - On most devices you can directly record in-game audio without quality loss caused by microphone recording speakers output. The "Internal + Mic" option allows to add a microphone commentary to the system audio recording. At the moment this feature is not available on Android 4.2 but it'll be added soon.

• FACE CAM - Share your emotions by adding a front-facing camera to your video. You can move the camera overlay around so that it doesn't obstruct important controls.

• NO ADS - Unlike other "free" screen recorders SCR never display any ads. Development of all my apps is supported only by donations.

• SETTINGS - No mater if you prefer to select simple presets or manually tweak every setting we've got you covered. SCR supports many customizations and provides performance and stability stats.

• ALPHA FEATURES - Let us know what's important to you in this thread or by joining SCR Alpha Testing Google+ community at http://goo.gl/PGYZ8r

SCR Screen Recorder uses various hacks and unofficial APIs which may not work on some devices and ROMs. If you encounter any issues try experimenting with different settings. In case that doesn't help select "Send bug report" from SCR Settings menu or ask for help in this thread. Note that some devices simply don't support certain encoding options so it doesn't make sense to complain that GPU+ image transformation doesn't work if GPU transformation works fine.

Google Play ban and "Dangerous app" warning
    SCR Pro got recently banned on Google Play and my developer account got terminated.
    This is probably caused by the recent Google Play raid on apps switching SELinux to permissive mode. Unfortunately they haven't sent me the warning so I haven't got a chance to remove this feature. See SELinux section below for more details.

Free SCR Pro for everyone!
    I don't want to charge anyone twice for the same app and no publishing method allows for migration of thousands users who already paid for the app, so I decided to release SCR Pro for free!
    You can grab the APK below and enjoy all the features of the latest release of SCR Pro on Google Play. No time limits, watermarks etc. Simply full-featured best Android screen recorder for free!
    Please consider donating to me, especially if you haven't purchased SCR Pro before, so that I continue development of this app.
    SCR Screen Recorder Pro v1.0.5
    SCR 5+ Pro v0.1.3 (no root, NO INTERNAL AUDIO, requires Lollipop)

In case you don't know how much to donate, the previous price of this app was $5 :)

SELinux details
    SCR Root switches SELinux to Permissive mode when it's running and restores it to the initial value after it's turned off. On most KK+ devices some SCR features won't work without disabling SELinux. Mainly the internal audio recording. If you'd prefer to try using SCR in SELinux enforcing mode let me know (state your Android version and why you need SELinux enabled during recording) and I may make this and option in SCR Settings.

Translations
    Huge thanks to the current translations authors!
    Arabic - MrNice14
    Chinese (Simplified) - iKira
    Chinese (Taiwan) - GPFsam
    Danish - evildog1
    Dutch - sdelange99
    Finnish - T3ER
    German - Paolo Poso
    Korean - Ghilwoon Kim
    Portuguese (Brazil) - Walisson85
    Russian - Mavryck
    Slovak - Pyler
    Spanish - DavBar9
    Due to the amount of work I'm not able to add new translations at the moment.

FAQ
    I’m getting error message when I start recording, what should I do?
    Try changing the resolution or switching between CPU/GPU image transformation mode. Some devices don’t support all settings combinations. If you can’t get any settings to work please tap “Report” button on error dialog and send a full report email including system log.

The recording works fine except the strange colours
    Select “Inverted color fix” in SCR Settings.
    attachment.php

Video contains some random colors instead of my screen
    This is caused by device video encoder crash. It usually can be fixed by changing Resolution.
    attachment.php

The video is sideways, how do I rotate it?
    Just like default Android Camera app SCR checks the screen orientation when the recording is started and adds orientation metadata to the video file. Some video players (e.g. VLC) ignore orientation metadata and always display video horizontally. YouTube and default android video player can detect orientation metadata correctly and play vertical videos. If you want a video to use vertical frames instead of rotation metadata select "Show advanced" in SCR Settings menu and then select "Vertical frames". Note that hardware video encoders and video players on many devices don't support vertical frames especially on high resolutions.

My phone gets really laggy when I start recording
    Phones hardware is not designed to record HD video and play 3D games at the same time so I have to push the limits. There is always going to be some slowdown. You can reduce a lag by reducing resolution and frame rate. Lower frame rate and lower resolution means that your phone needs less power for video encoding and has more spare resources to run other apps and games. If you’r running Android 4.3 try GPU+ image transformation mode which is much faster on some devices.

Smallprint
    This app collects anonymous usage statistics to help track bugs and analyze devices compatibility. This software uses unmodified code of FFmpeg 1.2 licensed under the LGPL.
    Marshmallow support added

I just released a small update adding Android 6.0 support.
    Sorry for the delay, I have very little time to work on this project lately.
    As I smashed my Nexus 6 I couldn't test it on any official Marshmallow ROM.
    I tested it on Nexus 4 Frank ROM and everything worked OK including internal audio.
    So what are the benefits of this over screencast?
    There are quire a few benefits of SCR over Screencast:
    1. SCR supports Tegra devices
    2. it works on Jelly Bean
    3. on many devices it's much faster (e.g. on Nexus 4 you can record 720p@40fps with minimal CPU ussage)
    4. SCR UI uses an floating window displayed ontop other apps so that you can start recording without capturing recorder UI
    5. it's in active development i.e. I keep adding new features and fixing bugs
    SCR Pro is now FREE for everyone!

After considering different ways to republish my app (Amazon App Store/new Google Play account/FDroid etc.) I decided to publish this app for free and hope that at least some of you will support my effort by donations :)
    I don't want to charge anyone twice for the same app and no publishing method allows for migration of thousands users who already purchased the app.
    You can grab the APK from this thread and enjoy all the features of the latest release of SCR Pro on Google Play. No time limits, watermarks etc. Simply full-featured best Android screen recorder for free!
    Unfortunately automatic updates won't work with sideloaded APKs but I'm going add update notifications directly to SCR in the future.

Please consider donating to me, especially if you haven't purchased SCR Pro before!
    I see. Is the app open source at least?
    I'm thinking of opensourcing it but I doubt if anyone will continue work on this project.
    Building SCR requires 1TB of free disk space and around 4 days of compiling.

It would make more sense to opensource the audio driver only but it would require quite a bit of additional work to write a stand-alone installer. I'll look into it when I have some free time.