[Mod] Email.APK(s) without so much exchange security.

Search This thread

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Tired of having to type in a password or PIN into your phone just because your Corporate Email account requires it? I know I am.

This modified Email.apk will allow you to bypass the password, and possibly other exchange security policies, simply because, when it evaluates the policy to see if it is active, it always returns that it is. And so, when it checks to see if your PIN is active, it simply thinks it is, and continues to go about it's business as normal. This will NOT add support for remote wipe, or functions that your device simply does not support. Though I might add that later.

I have taken the liberty of modifying the Email.apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848115 using the same method as: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=729753

TL;DR: No phone password required with Exchange accounts.

*Update 6*
Modified Email. apk from I897UCKF1 from DG's COG 5 1.00

*Update 5*

SGS2 Email.apk from MikeyMike's Rom: GR-11

New Modded version added by request:

From Team Whiskey's Rom: Ultimate 8.2

*Update 4*
Latest From Darky 9.2 (Framework XWJS3): HERE

*Update3* Modded Email.apk from the new Rogers i896 Rom, deodexed, and patched.

*UPDATE2* By Request, here are some modded APKs from various ROMs:
Perception 10.0
Darky 7.8

*UPDATE* Modified Email APK from JL3 (Perception v9)
(OLD)JL3(Newest Android 2.2.1): HERE
(OLD)JK3(Older Android 2.2): HERE
Attached is the modified APK file...

To install do the following:

Code:
adb push Email.NoSecurity.apk /system/app/Email.apk
adb shell chmod 777 /system/app/Email.apk
adb reboot

YMMV, I am not responsible if you get fired for circumventing your company's Exchange Policies.

Appreciate my work? Buy Me a Beer:

Attachments

• Email.NoSecurity.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 649
  • Email.DeSecurified.apk
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • Email.NoSecurity.JL5.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • Email.deoxexed.i896.nosecurity.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • Email.deoxexed.i896.nosecurity.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Email.TAB.nosecurity.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • Email.Tab.nosecurity.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

kaneblendend

Nov 22, 2010
This seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm inexperienced with adb... I can get into the cmd but adb push tells me it's a read only system, as I'm still on the stock kernel. Adb remount gives no such file or directory... Adb shell su gives me root access inside the shell, but I can't get mount to work, it just keeps telling the me parameters of the command. I'm sure that I'm just missing a step or exact syntax of the mount command somewhere... Alternatively, how hard is it to make an apk into a flashable zip used in clockwork recovery?

Last edited:

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
F(x)tec Pro1-X
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You could also:
Code:
ADB Push Email.apk /mnt/sdcard/Email.apk
adb shell
su
rm /system/app/Email.apk
cp /mnt/sdcard/Email.apk /system/app/Email.apk
chmod 777 /system/app/Email.apk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Hey, went to add this to the Perception v3 Zip, and found that it was ALREADY THERE! :)
Just update to V3 and it's all done.

I'm honored to have my mod show up in a cog rom. :)

Last edited:

kaneblendend

Nov 22, 2010
Awesome, it worked! For some reason "mount -o remount rw /system" actually worked and mounted it in rw this time. I also updated from Axura 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 to flash a clean email apk first though, so maiybe that had something to do with it? Many thanks for your speedy help!

robaeby

Oct 24, 2010
I guess corporate found me, wont work anymore. :( This was the first one that worked for me too.

cyman777

Aug 17, 2010
Europe
anyone using this on their SGS with a Doc ROM (XPY?)

Success with Docs XPY v 6.2 ROM or other?

Modified: I tried, the original from Doc's rom 6.2 JPY does work in my company, this version gives an error when trying to connect to the server already at setup time. "Setup could not finish, unable to connect to server" is the message I am getting. Got this message with previous versions of the ROM as well, only since Android 2.2.1 the Android Email.apk was able to connect to my company's exchange infrastructure.

Last edited:

quiksandjesus

Dec 5, 2010
Hi Fenny.

I sent you a PM as well.

Can you point me in the right direction for an email apk that will work with Darky 7.8?

Also I'm on a mac so is there any other way to flash the new apk?

Thanks a million.

viny2cool

Oct 15, 2010
Jersey City, NJ
Thanks so much for this...

I tried so many email APKs and I always got connection error...I tried ur no security one and woohoo i got my emails loaded...

I just used root explorer to replace the apk from system/apk...reboot

and it worked...

cyman777

Aug 17, 2010
Europe

Thanks - what about the other route - having this integrated into the big ROMs such as CM or DOC or Darky (both SGS ROMs) - would be great to have the choice in the ROM kitchen of DOC and Stefun.

What is missing in the install howto post(s) is that /system must be mounted rw - this can be done on the command line or easier with searching "mount rw" in the market and doing it with an app.

raezza

Nov 5, 2010
AnchorageAlaska
Hi Fenny,

I am using the Phoenix 2.5 ROM and was wondering what I need to do to make this work. I was surprised when I found that the email apk worked with our exchange system but am not liking having to enter a PIN. I don't mind trying to figure it out myself, just need a nudge in the right direction if you are too busy.

Thanks

Raezza

thecellx

Aug 23, 2010
Bogota
Contacts

I just installed your latest apk for Per 10, and noticed that contacts are not sync properly. Its just happening to me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of having to type in a password or PIN into your phone just because your Corporate Email account requires it? I know I am.

This modified Email.apk will allow you to bypass the password, and possibly other exchange security policies, simply because, when it evaluates the policy to see if it is active, it always returns that it is. And so, when it checks to see if your PIN is active, it simply thinks it is, and continues to go about it's business as normal. This will NOT add support for remote wipe, or functions that your device simply does not support. Though I might add that later.

I have taken the liberty of modifying the Email.apk from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848115 using the same method as: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=729753

TL;DR: No phone password required with Exchange accounts.

*Update 6*
    Modified Email. apk from I897UCKF1 from DG's COG 5 1.00

*Update 5*

SGS2 Email.apk from MikeyMike's Rom: GR-11

New Modded version added by request:

From Team Whiskey's Rom: Ultimate 8.2

*Update 4*
    Latest From Darky 9.2 (Framework XWJS3): HERE

*Update3* Modded Email.apk from the new Rogers i896 Rom, deodexed, and patched.

*UPDATE2* By Request, here are some modded APKs from various ROMs:
    Perception 10.0
    Darky 7.8

*UPDATE* Modified Email APK from JL3 (Perception v9)
    (OLD)JL3(Newest Android 2.2.1): HERE
    (OLD)JK3(Older Android 2.2): HERE
    Attached is the modified APK file...

To install do the following:

Code:
    adb push Email.NoSecurity.apk /system/app/Email.apk
    adb shell chmod 777 /system/app/Email.apk
    adb reboot

YMMV, I am not responsible if you get fired for circumventing your company's Exchange Policies.

Appreciate my work? Buy Me a Beer:

xoppaw,
    I can remove the security options from your email.apk if you care to send it to me.
    Solodogg,
    The framework files are not in that /system dump. I would need the odex from the /system/framework folder at least.

ryboto,
    The IsActive command in that APK already appears to always return true. Are you sure that apk is actually enforcing the policies?
    Hi Fenny,

Here is the Email.apk from Obsession Revamped JVT rom. Can you remove the security bit, please? Thanks!