Sense 6 on LG G2 Discussion

Search This thread

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Guys please keep all discussion and questions on here and not in the DEV only thread. That should be for developers who are contributing to the ROM. If they can keep us out of their hair maybe things will go a little faster. I am excited for this, and refresh the pages all the time. What do you guys think?

Link to the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734246

Last edited:

madasalizard

Jan 4, 2012
Guys please keep all discussion and questions on here and not in the DEV only thread. That should be for developers who are contributing to the ROM. If they can keep us out of their hair maybe things will go a little faster. I am excited for this, and refresh the pages all the time. What do you guys think?

Great idea. I am excited too and also refreshing all the time :p. I will use it as my daily driver as soon as the sound is fixed, I can live with the rest of the bugs.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Great idea. I am excited too and also refreshing all the time :p. I will use it as my daily driver as soon as the sound is fixed, I can live with the rest of the bugs.
Same here, Sense is my favorite flavor of android!

This is probably the greatest thing that can happen for the G2.

I agree, I am hoping that after they get the bugs worked out all the top G2 devs will make a rom with their mods and stuff on it. Should be awesome! I hope the battery life is ok though... And the bugs are down to a minimum.

taekwondo16

Mar 29, 2013
thanks op for creation of this thread. I guess everyone's really excited about having a sense rom.. i used to love sense 4 lockscreen with the circle. n sense just keeps getting better

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
thanks op for creation of this thread. I guess everyone's really excited about having a sense rom.. i used to love sense 4 lockscreen with the circle. n sense just keeps getting better

Yeah, I had a HTC One M7 last year and fell in love with Sense 5(I had the One XL before that and Sense was ok but not like Sense 5). The flat OS looked sweet, I changed phones because the battery life was horrible IMO but I always missed it. From that point on I always wanted Sense on every phone I had (see my sig to see just how many that was lol) I hope soon I can have that on the G2 :)

Reactions: taekwondo16

taekwondo16

Mar 29, 2013
Yeah, I had a HTC One M7 last year and fell in love with Sense 5(I had the One XL before that and Sense was ok but not like Sense 5). The flat OS looked sweet, I changed phones because the battery life was horrible IMO but I always missed it. From that point on I always wanted Sense on every phone I had (see my sig to see just how many that was lol) I hope soon I can have that on the G2 :)

hehehe lets wait patiently, since there are efforts for the ongoing port, i can only be thankful to all the devs!! l

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Hello guy.can i flash rom with auto rec from cloudyfa

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I highly doubt it. HTC One's Sense OS is different which means mods that are for the LG G2 probably are not compatible, you will probably have to use Mods from the M8 forums... I'm not sure if they have recording available. Cloudyfa may make his own rom once this thing is stable and may add his mods accordingly. I think I understood your question.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
no,i mean auto rec is recovery mod by cloudyfa which installing on g2 kk no need downgrade 4.2..i have recovery by auto rec by cloudyfa,can i install rom sense 6 port

I want to say it's a different beast and all you have to do is use the latest TWRP but without trying it myself I can't say. It could be needed because we are still using the kernel

Reactions: angel_boulevard

Little Bigboy

Oct 9, 2011
Orlando, Fl
Hey guys im currently on a stable aosp rom and like to try this. would your recommend waiting for the next release or go ahead and flash this and try it? tia

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
Hey guys im currently on a stable aosp rom and like to try this. would your recommend waiting for the next release or go ahead and flash this and try it? tia

Right now it's still in alpha and the audio and camera do not work. It is not ready to be a daily driver. I recommend waiting at least until it is in Beta stages. If you want to try it, make a backup and play with it. But that's all you can do at this point. Get a feel for its epicness...

Last edited:

Little Bigboy

Oct 9, 2011
Orlando, Fl
Right now it's still in alpha and the audio and camera do not work. It is not ready to be a daily driver. I recommend waiting at least until it is in Beta stages. If you want to try it, make a backup and play with it. But that's all you can do at this point. Get a feel for its epicness...

thanks for response, thats basically what i wanted to do, just flash it and fool around with it. Cant wait for stable release, i was contemplating chucking my g2 to get a m8 just because of sense 6 , from what i read its pretty awesome.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
thanks for response, thats basically what i wanted to do, just flash it and fool around with it. Cant wait for stable release, i was contemplating chucking my g2 to get a m8 just because of sense 6 , from what i read its pretty awesome.

Cool, I'm holding off flashing because I know when I get a taste I will want to stay. Once audio is fixed and it is some what stable I'll probably flash away :)

Reactions: Little Bigboy

harkis123

Oct 22, 2012
What about the ultra saving mod? The camera will be fully ported ( all functions working? )
And i was reading the DEV thread , so the sound is the most difficult part yup? And if we get the sound working , it's possible to get all the Beats Audio mod working?
Thanks for answering :)

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
What about the ultra saving mod? The camera will be fully ported ( all functions working? )
And i was reading the DEV thread , so the sound is the most difficult part yup? And if we get the sound working , it's possible to get all the Beats Audio mod working?
Thanks for answering :)

Go ahead and flash it.. it worked on my g2 d802 :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Link to the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734246
    Same here, Sense is my favorite flavor of android!

I agree, I am hoping that after they get the bugs worked out all the top G2 devs will make a rom with their mods and stuff on it. Should be awesome! I hope the battery life is ok though... And the bugs are down to a minimum.
    Here is the progress: We've another nexus 5 port which has a working sound and camera module but does not boot. Maybe the codes in that port should be rewritten for the booting one for the g2.

In order to not get peoples hopes up prematurely I would say "We've another nexus 5 port which allegedly has working sound and camera module but does not boot. Maybe the codes in that port should be rewritten for the booting one for the g2."

I can't wait to have this thing booted to see if we have something but now all we have is this to go off of:

"Dekeface: No idea. The rom simply doesn't boots. I see in logcat "qcamera module started", some "htc audio..." things, and "framebuffer" related lines.

Cheers"

Take that for what it's worth. I hope to see a working sense rom soon! :)