[Q] Nexus 7 rootverification

Search This thread

jamsit

Apr 10, 2014
... not sure I actually rooted ( v 1.82)my Nexus 7 v2012 tablet... I get the 'unlock' icon on start, but still must 'slide' the lock on next screen to open ... also, didn't get hashtag or busy box icons/apps .. also, my two pages of apps returned as they were before 'rooting'. however, in Settings-Apps-All, I find more app icons (how do I open them?), including many with the green droid icon?? what do I do now?? am I rooted?? should I just repeat the procedure??

D

Darth

... tx for the info... tried Root Checker & found I'm not rooted, even tho it appears to be (re. original question)... can I simply re-root from scratch?? tx...

Yup, try that. Just follow each step to the letter. If you get any errors, write them down and post here. :)

jamsit

Apr 10, 2014
Root Verification

Yup, try that. Just follow each step to the letter. If you get any errors, write them down and post here. :)

... tried to root again... after a number of re-tries/re-roots & a number of recoveries from 'Droid-on-its-back with a red triangle/exclamation inside', I finally have a rooted Nexus 7.... NOTE: I don't have BusyBox installed... is it required? tx again for your help...

D

Darth

... tried to root again... after a number of re-tries/re-roots & a number of recoveries from 'Droid-on-its-back with a red triangle/exclamation inside', I finally have a rooted Nexus 7.... NOTE: I don't have BusyBox installed... is it required? tx again for your help...

Awesome!!

I've never installed busy box myself....its installed with the ROM, or not needed.....I think I did install it once, cause an app told me I needed it. ;)

I wouldn't worry unless you get a message saying you need it , or have issues.