Q&A for twrp unofficial

Search This thread

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
oh man this is smooth! friggin amazing work bro. You aware screen brightness is not there? just heads up if overlooked. Friggin no reboots at all, and things are flashing and restoring great thus far

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Can you try backing up to an exfat sdcard Also brightness was a flag I removed for testing.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I can back up to my exfat card just fine. It does take longer than backing up to internal, so the write speeds are a bit slow, but it definitely works (and always has) for me.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I also built a recovery with your updated device setup and boy, does it make a difference in stability! Great job, @simonsickle, your hard work and persistence paid off! :)

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I can back up to my exfat card just fine. It does take longer than backing up to internal, so the write speeds are a bit slow, but it definitely works (and always has) for me.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I also built a recovery with your updated device setup and boy, does it make a difference in stability! Great job, @simonsickle, your hard work and persistence paid off! :)
Confirmed just backed up to exfat no problems.

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Good jeez this is nice and stable like the old days! Thank you so so much man. Tested out a bunch today and all seems to be working flawlessly, and no reboots! ???

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

chemjb

Nov 18, 2011
Pacoima
Thanks for the recovery. Havent had a reboot or problem with your latest.

Sk8DevL411

Apr 11, 2009
I am having issues with reboots e while trying to fix permissions. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simonsickle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2012
Maryville
simonsickle.com
I am having issues with reboots e while trying to fix permissions. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well. The only issue I can think is sense is huge. But without logs I can't know... Second question though, why would you run fix permissions on sense.... It's so wonkey on permissions as it is that those scripts generally won't do too much good

Sk8DevL411

Apr 11, 2009
I was having issues installing a ROM and was told to clear cache and fix permissions I was on a different twrp and since moving to yours it runs a ton better. I ended up trying captains ruin and have not had any issues just wanted to ask about it to see if it was just me having the issue or if it was a known problem

sent from my Sprint HTC One m8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated: Extremely stable recovery w/ offmode charging
    They're not full reboots (read: not kernel panic) they're ui reboots. I saw this issue with TWRP before on my Jewel when I had pulled in some specific patches on Gerrit (which have since been merged after being updated).

I still believe the issue is there, personally. I will continue investigating, as will @simonsickle I'm sure.

I've completely fixed segfaults. Ill explain later.

Sent from my HTC M8WHL
    Don't think I can make it through the weekend without rooting, but there are like 3 or 4 different recoveries floating around out here and all of them seem shaky at best. I don't need exFAT support, but I would like one that doesn't have "bad code" and doesn't reboot randomly.

Thanks.

Don't worry. I'm fixing offmode charging today and posting a new recovery :)

Sent from my HTC M8WHL
    It's locked up because it wants to do offmode changing. Also the little reason we haven't got an updated recovery is because I have had to redo some things in the device tree because I refuse to use a precompiled dtb :)

Got ntfs working.. ExFat is being picky. I have the nofuse in the kernel source. I'm hoping of having it completed by Monday

Sent from my HTC M8WHL