[32b & 32a - Test] *Official* CR_ Got Froyo Release

Search This thread

ChiefzReloaded

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
Lebanon, OR
www.cyanogenmod.com
Now that, is an interesting point!

I wonder if anyone asked themselves that same question...

Well, you all know how the song goes...Ready?.....wait for it....wait for it....

Things That Make You Go :eek:
(original by C&C Music Factory) But check me out right here yo

mic check mic check 1 - 2 1 - 2

For a while now
I been on XDA
Flashing mad zipz
downloading apk's
Trying new ROM's
every other day
tickin wifey off
cause i'm all phone - no play
then i saw the froyo
and it looked ok
i had heard about the
2.2 update
things are movin along
instructions dumb easy yo
i got the joint on my phone
yeah, i'm kinda pleased bro
Then the OP on Twitter
said he "bricked" his ****
there's no more devin'
til he fix his ****
now he wants a new cellie
- all kinds of things
first post, 8th line
.........donation link
but someone's a little ticked off
just a little fed up
he doesn't believe what he reads
he's caliing his bluff
only time will tell
we all know the deal
if he's got a bridge for sale
or if the dude is real
Wooooow..... that was fresh i will admit... but whos the OP? Me? No... i didnt post that ish.... it was the OPs idea when he created this.... i never asked for anything... and i took this sdk as far as it would go.... And u know what? No one bought me a phone... none of this "convenient brick" propaganda... u know what really happened? probably not cuz ur nt really following this... just a "convenient" time to display ur "XDA's gt talent entry".... Cmon man r u serious tho? Im building from source as we speak, for the G1 not the slide, and im nt asking for anything. That brick u speak of... the sd card slot failed... i unrooted to try and reflash the sappimg and i was SOL with an unrooted phone.... i have a slide fool.... but what did i do? I grabbed a G1 so i could continue to build for u guys and nt leave u hangin like all the devs who gt the N1.... But say as u will... this just shows y all the devs bounce XDA.... its retarded dudes like u that start dumb a$$ rumors and then the onslaught of hate pushes the ppl behind the scenes away... Oh well... Im over it... hope ur havin fun with that disabled acct of yours... CR

draven806

May 3, 2010
Lubbock
Well thank you for all of your hard work, and I apologize for all of the inconsiderate people who don't realize that you don't have to d o any of this, only that you do it as a favor for us. Again thank you for all of your hard work. As soon as I ,,am working again, I will be donating tip you and any other dev whose rom I have enjoyed. Thanks again. And please hold me to my word. Said the same thing to jubeh. Just wanted you guys to know that some of us are still grateful

Sent from my Full Android on Sapphire using XDA App

skinnyveganboy

Apr 11, 2010
Victorville, CA
agreed

Well thank you for all of your hard work, and I apologize for all of the inconsiderate people who don't realize that you don't have to d o any of this, only that you do it as a favor for us. Again thank you for all of your hard work. As soon as I ,,am working again, I will be donating tip you and any other dev whose rom I have enjoyed. Thanks again. And please hold me to my word. Said the same thing to jubeh. Just wanted you guys to know that some of us are still grateful

Hell ya, we're all grateful. And I'm pretty sure every one of us is going to donate at least enough for a good bottle of imported beer or a can of monster import... or some imported drink... because american drinks suck apparently? Anyways, keep up the good work and now I want everyone to post about how they too are going to donate to the OP and Dev of their favorite rom. ;)

retske

Jul 30, 2009
Sorry for jerks

I donated some right off for what you've done thus far and if you can finish with a stable, functional build (within a reasonable time) I will definitely donate more.

To all those that ***** and rudely criticize:
Do it your-damn-self if you don't like his work.

Please continue the great work.

zerodi

Jun 4, 2010
cebu, ph
stupid question maybe but there are Froyo-AOSP-ROM's for other devices - does this not help with the issues of this ROM?

http://db.androidspin.com/androidsp...=AOSP+2.2+(Froyo)&android_developer_id=&go=go

I am using it daily now and it works great - only ext. sound, Apps2SD, WiFi and maybe Camera would be great. Thanks @all devs

@yeticomes,

I noticed you also had a Google Dev Phone, mine is the ION 32B

Can i use this froyo version and later versions using Amon-Ra Recovery instead of CyanogenMod's one ?

Thanks

p.s im all up for donating to get this froyo final

Last edited:

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
@yeticomes,

I noticed you also had a Google Dev Phone, mine is the ION 32B

Can i use this froyo version and later versions using Amon-Ra Recovery instead of CyanogenMod's one ?

Thanks

p.s im all up for donating to get this froyo final
Yes, you can use whatever recovery you want, I flashed this rom twice, with a super D (blegh) tryout in the middle. I used both recoveries and they both worked fine. I'm now using Amon-Ra's, and I really like. Being able to transfer files to my SD card while it's in recovery is pretty sweet :)

If anyone wants me to make a post on every step required to get from stock 1.6 to froyo 2.2, I'd be happy to. In fact, I wish I'd had one when I was doing this :{

Also, I just want to say, everything seems to work in this release. Camera, wifi, video, gps, everything. I've tested them all and they've been more than satisfactory. Great work on a great rom :D

venman

Oct 8, 2010
Question

I wiped & flashed to 6.0.0, but lost the Android Market.
Is that expected?
I know this is two questions, but I hope no one minds.
If I have to stay with 2.1 to keep the Market, where do I get the cool themes?

Thanks!
:D
Ven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have it unitl June next year... I think I'll have a Killer phone the day my upgrade is allowed.

haha, i pre-ordered the phone in september 2008. so i have until like september. although they say 2 yrs, i think they do 11 month cycles, so 22 months is 2 yrs for t-mo.

so somewhere between Jul and september ill be upgrading. if there is a port of android for the HD2, that's what ill be getting.