[Q] about CM11.0 [20140316]

Search This thread

m4rvin88

Apr 15, 2014
Hello,

I've been reading this forum for quite some years and using some of the tutorials and ROMs from here but never actually posted anything and now that I have a few questions about on of the ROMs I'm using now I'm not quite sure where to post it since as a newly registered member I can't post anything in the correct ROM Thread [ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467013 ], so please be patient with me.

I thought it would make more sense to post my actually questions than trying to reach those 10 posts to be able to post it directly there.

So now to my questions:

I have a HTC Desire S (obviously) and had for about 1 1/2 years now an old CoreDroid Version from here (can't remember which one) which I was quite happy with till it started to crash more and more often, battery kept draining and then there came a point a few weeks ago where it would just randomly go out and wouldn't restart till you charged it again.
That got me so annoyed I thought I either buy a new HTC Desire 310 soon or give another ROM a try, so I chose the cm-11-20140324-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip from the first page and installed it after remembering how to do so.
Then the Gapps and started configuring it.
So far so good, ROM looks good, stable, battery is working much longer now, so thanks a lot.
But I had and still have some issues.
Whatsapp wouldn't instal, so through the search function I would a way around it (in the end downloading it from whatsapp directly and installing it through the .apk worked) and got that sorted.
The next thing is still a worry to me, I used to sync my contacts from my outlook through android-sync [ http://www.android-sync.com/ ] which I bought after non of the other syncing methods worked to my satisfaction. Everything worked fine with the old ROM (after I set it up) but with the new ROM the program on my computer can't find the mobile phone anymore, I tried to reinstall the ADB drivers, but it didn't work (I sent the error log from the program to the developer a few days ago but still haven't heard back), so maybe someone around here knows a way around it?

Last night I experienced another issue, the clock works fine and after I installed the ROM I set up a few different alarm clocks and they worked. But yesterday I wanted to change the alarms and now every time I try to access the alarm clock the clock app stops working "Clock stopped working" and it closes.
I can delete the alarms and set up a new one, but only the time, then it saves and when I try to change the days or the sound same error appears. I searched the forum and internet for a bit and found ideas like deleting the clock data and cache, rebooting the device, but none worked.

And last but not least it seems I can't find the right settings for it but every time I swype or type on the keyboard it vibrates. I turned off all the other noises that the phone made while typing but this one I can't find. I would like my phone to be silent and don't vibrate when I type. Where can I find the settings for it?

If anybody could help me with this I would appreciate it a lot.

Kind Regards

Marvin

SKENER

Feb 17, 2014
Mostar
For vibrating on keyboard press setting are at SETTINGS/Presonal/Languager and Input/Keyboard settings (for me it's ASOP keyboard settings).

Did you do dirty flash or clean one? Clean ROM flash is recommended.

Other problems I got with previous devil-kin CM11.Couldn't get usb mass storage and adb working.Now I keep Flinny CM11 build and it works.I didn't try devil-kin last build.
Maybe you can try install Flinny alpha 5 CM11 and try if that work.

m4rvin88

Apr 15, 2014
For vibrating on keyboard press setting are at SETTINGS/Presonal/Languager and Input/Keyboard settings (for me it's ASOP keyboard settings).

Did you do dirty flash or clean one? Clean ROM flash is recommended.

Other problems I got with previous devil-kin CM11.Couldn't get usb mass storage and adb working.Now I keep Flinny CM11 build and it works.I didn't try devil-kin last build.
Maybe you can try install Flinny alpha 5 CM11 and try if that work.

I installed Flinny alpha 5 CM11 now and tried it out. I had a few crashes with the devil-kin version too and bought a new battery, so hard to tell what solved what, but so far so good.

But for the syncing problem, now I have an even worse error:

ht*p :// i.gyazo.com/798a67697deb9f91904e7cac9b62bf76.png

with the devil-kin version it still found something and just had problems with the adb drivers, now there seems to be something else going on.

0x23marco

Apr 21, 2014
Hello,

That got me so annoyed I thought I either buy a new HTC Desire 310 soon or give another ROM a try, so I chose the cm-11-20140324-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip from the first page and installed it after remembering how to do so.
Then the Gapps and started configuring it.
So far so good, ROM looks good, stable, battery is working much longer now, so thanks a lot.
But I had and still have some issues.
Whatsapp wouldn't instal, so through the search function I would a way around it (in the end downloading it from whatsapp directly and installing it through the .apk worked) and got that sorted.

Regarding that issue I also got problems with many other apps i.e. Redphone, Textsecure, Chiffry and so on there always comes the message that these apps are incompatible to my device - strange I also use cm11_saga_flinny_alpha5 Kernel 4.4.2.
These messages of incompatibility are generated by Google play store, when comparing AndroidManifest.XML permissions and requirements with the phone...

Terodax

May 6, 2014
Further more Issues at Finny/Devilkin CM11.0

Hello guys,

I am also new at this Forum although using it "passiv" since years. Now I flashed the CM 11.0 from Devilkin and ones from Flinny.

- Unofficial CM10.2 / CM11.0 build for Saga / Desire S

All works (both ROMs) great up to the wired headphone Controles.

I think this might be the right thread to Post that until I reached the Number of Posts to put the in the right developerthread. Hope anyone can help.

The exactly problem:

I use orginal HTC-Headset with three controller Buttoms. The headphone itself is working though I can hear music and sound but the Controls and the Mic are not working. I tried to register an input with the jayzheadphone app but it shows no input. Headphone and controls worked fine with stock ROM.

Thank you for help.

0x23marco

Apr 21, 2014
@Terodax

Sorry but I cant't evaluate your issue cause of the missing HTC-Headset, but I got some other weird thing with the "mute" button on calling someboy it fails in doing it .-/
So I worked around the little problem in "holding" the call -> that works and it's like muting ;)

montolla

Feb 29, 2012
Medellin
htc wihc room to use

Hello

I bought this item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121361166744...84.m1423.l2649

Wich rom to android 4 or last?

How can I install those rom?

I need to using zip flashable file on recovery mod or addoin way?

will I need to flash the modem (phone) after?

has the recovery a nandroid backup option? I wanna backup the current rom like it is.

which is the best recovery for that item?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Hello

I need to use whatsapp and facebook mensseger on it.

thanks