[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

Search This thread

carstenheuer

Jan 4, 2011
Berlin
wifi works fine and gps fix fast :)
now i test navigation with skobbler app

uploadfromtaptalk1321200986524.png

Sent from my ChaCha using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: adlx.xda

carstenheuer

Jan 4, 2011
Berlin
uploadfromtaptalk1321211651861.png

noticed bugs:

- network operator can not be selected
- problems with the power widgets in the statusbar > no haptic feedback
- if wireless will be activate sometimes the sign for the mobile data connection in the status bar is still to be seen (screenshot!)
- problems with the switch between 2g and 3g > workaround > you must first disconnect the mobile data connection

Last edited:

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
Cheers! Any other release notes apart from the two languages integration?

There is a possibility the Camera problem lies not within userland, but within the kernel (both adlx.xda and myself are using the CM7 msm7227 kernel sources with modifications from the HTC kernel). adlx.xda, could you try compiling the stock HTC kernel sources and try the Camera with it?

Reactions: carstenheuer

astro11

Oct 10, 2011
Quebec
@xdbg
Do you have a "donate" link? I think you and adlx deserves recognition in more ways than only "thanks".

@Alex C.
just an idea, but can you add the donate links from both xdbg and adlx (and yourself, why not?) on the first post? maybe this way more people can see and give a little "extra motivation" to the developers.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
@Alex C.
just an idea, but can you add the donate links from both xdbg and adlx (and yourself, why not?) on the first post? maybe this way more people can see and give a little "extra motivation" to the developers.

Good idea. If xdbg and adlx will send me their donation links (xdbg already said he doesn't accept donations).

themickman007

Sep 13, 2007
Just one small thing i've found in the superosr build is that the proximity sensor doesn't work during a call. Is there any way to fix that?
Apart from that it works great! So much better without sense haha :D

Reactions: xd.bx and adlx.xda

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
adlx.xda: the camera issue is not caused by the kernel.

Instead, try adding in CameraHardwareInterface.h

Code:
virtual void setFaceDetectionState(int state) = 0;

Just after getParameters() but before sendCommand.

EDIT: this doesn't fully solve the problem - but at least the call to release() succeeds.

Last edited:

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
http://www.filefactory.com/file/cf03843/n/update-cm-7.1.0-ChaCha-KANG-signed.zip

This build has a newer bcm4329_248 Wi-Fi driver, as well as the small Camera fix mentioned earlier. This allows switching between front and back camera.

Awesome work, once again!

adlx and xdbg, you bring happiness into our devices. I thank you for all the hard work you are putting up.

I will test this build starting today, as I've been running adlx's latest build since it was released; just to show other users that I am willingly putting my phone to constant testing, even if this is my primary phone that I also use for work (emails, contacts, etc.).

Also, I would like to apologize for the lack of updating this thread with more info/known issues/fixes and so on but I have been really really busy in the past couple of days. I promise I will update it as soon as I can find a couple of hours to spare.

Reactions: astro11

xd.bx

May 14, 2011
Awesome work, once again!

adlx and xdbg, you bring happiness into our devices. I thank you for all the hard work you are putting up.

I will test this build starting today, as I've been running adlx's latest build since it was released; just to show other users that I am willingly putting my phone to constant testing, even if this is my primary phone that I also use for work (emails, contacts, etc.).

Also, I would like to apologize for the lack of updating this thread with more info/known issues/fixes and so on but I have been really really busy in the past couple of days. I promise I will update it as soon as I can find a couple of hours to spare.

No problem. BTW, I forgot to include gps.conf which means the XTRA file is not downloaded, hence the GPS fix takes a while. Also, I included the sensors.chacha.so from adlx.xda's ROM which greatly improves GPS sensitivity.

Regarding the Camera issue, the following traces (from stock) do not appear in the CM7 build:

Code:
D/mm-camera-config(   74): get get_vfe_ack_ready = 1
D/mm-camera 7x-vfe(   74): Received VFE Stop ACK!!! ctrlCmd->type 38
D/mm-camera 7x-vfe(   74): VFE_STOP_ACK CAMERA_STATE_PREVIEW_VFE_STOPPED
I/QualcommCameraHardware(   74): deinitPreview E
I/mm-camera(   74): Exiting camframe thread

The thread never exits, leading to the libcamera.so waiting forever.

Last edited:

adlx.xda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 4, 2010
Madrid
Has anyone tested if the proximity sensors works in a call in Xdbg latest build? Does it work fine? (blacken the screen when you put the phone near your ear).
Thanks.

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
Has anyone tested if the proximity sensors works in a call in Xdbg latest build? Does it work fine? (blacken the screen when you put the phone near your ear).
Thanks.

Just tested, it works fine. The dialer keyboard is bugged again (old issue with wrong numbers and Fn+key must be used).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

This topic contains all the development stages of custom ROMs, please read the full topic before asking any questions; refrain from asking silly questions/"questions that are easier to answer on Google than logging into XDA, browsing to HTC ChaCha, dev section, this thread, click on post reply, entering the question, clicking submit, waiting for someone to read and reply"/un-constructive feedback-criticism/anything unrelated to these two roms.

In the order of their availability:

NOTE: Give thanks and feedback to the developers. Install any of these roms for the purpose of testing and providing information/feedback in the thread. Neither of these are stable yet, they are experimental builds and this topic represents the simplest bug tracking database.

Apparently users do not read the known issues list. FRONT CAMERA is NOT working. Do not switch to front camera, otherwise Camera.apk will crash constantly. To fix this go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage -> All -> Camera -> Clear data and cache -> Reboot your phone.

I. SuperOSR by adlx.xda
    SuperOSR (OpenSourceRom and CM) based ROM: SuperOSR-chacha-2.5-20120724.zip - 83.13 MB
    Current version: 20120329-0005
    More information about the ROM HERE.

Release notes for 1314
    - New kernel with swap enabled. it will also now mount correctly your sd-ext partition as ext4 (if formated as ext4, which is the how my CWM will format it).
    Release notes for 0159
    - FB key remap option in SupSetup/Parts
    - All the keypad fixes avail to date (only for unlocked users, S-Off will still need the patches)
    Release notes for 0513
    - Build is odexed --> I believe it is a significant gain of space in /data (now it will occupy <30 Mb after first start, leaving 120 Mb free)
    - Comes with all the keyboard kl/kcm.bin. (only usefull if S-On, bc S-Off lost their CID. If S-Off flash a keypad patch after the rom)
    - Removed bloat
    Tips and tricks, known issues and workarounds:
    1. Wi-Fi module is not connecting to hidden networks. - reported as fixed, router channel must be set <13
    2. Sometimes Wi-Fi will not connect to an AP after setting it up (Scanning -> Connecting -> Disconnected -> Scanning -> Connecting.. etc.). In this case press and hold the connection, remove it, create it again, then switch Wi-Fi off/on.
    3. I suggest performing the following if you still cannot connect to a visible Wi-Fi AP: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Press menu button -> Advanced -> Regulatory domain -> 13 channels -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> Never
    4. Front camera is not working. In study.
    5. Default battery icon and percentage battery icon shown at the same time if activated from the CM settings. No workaround available yet.
    6. Facebook button is unassigned (does nothing). What should it open?​

II. CyanogenMod (by xd.bx) since 19.01.2012 adlx.xda took over
    CM 7.2.0 (CyanogenMod) based ROM: DOWNLOAD Release No.: 20120321-2039
    More information about the ROM HERE.

Tips and tricks, known issues and workarounds:
    1. Wi-Fi module is not connecting to hidden networks. reported as fixed, router channel must be set <13
    2. Sometimes Wi-Fi will not connect to an AP after setting it up (Scanning -> Connecting -> Disconnected -> Scanning -> Connecting.. etc.). In this case press and hold the connection, remove it, create it again, then switch Wi-Fi off/on.
    3. I suggest performing the following if you still cannot connect to a visible Wi-Fi AP: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> Wi-Fi Settings -> Press menu button -> Advanced -> Regulatory domain -> 13 channels -> Wi-Fi sleep policy -> Never
    4. Front camera is not working. In study.
    5. Facebook button is unassigned (does nothing). What should it open?

Other useful information:
    ChaCha Keypad Files/Key mapping
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456154
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18763527&postcount=101 from adlx.xda
    These should be placed on your device to change your keyboard layout.

Google Apps - Used for Google account (contacts/calendar sync); also contains GMail/Market. This is not included in the CM rom (by default, CyanogenMod does not contain Google services and applications; these can be added separately by users that want them). Remember that there are users who would like to remove everything Google related from their roms as there are some services which use internet/battery when they want and have dependencies with Google Contacts Sync/Calendar Sync/Gmail. Include requests of gapps into a custom ROM by default will be declined.
    http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Fix for GSM/Phone.apk crash
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20710120&postcount=474
    Thanks to carstenheuer for finding this out.

Radio - for people having GPS issues (unable to find sats/get a fix)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1257776
    A810b
    Another thing has come to our attention: a new region-based model is out, the A810b.
    Do not flash any of the radios available around here as they are mostly based for the A810e model, which uses a different network bandwidth and a lot of issues might occur.

For more information regarding GSM network frequency, check here: http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?
    This might also provide some information as to why 3G doesn't work, for example.

Small adb kit
    For people that need adb without installing the whole SDK kit, adlx.xda provided a little bit of knowledge regarding this nifty little thing included in other applications.
    http://alex.swtesting.ro/downloads/adb-and-moto-fastboot-win32.zip

GPS fix
    For people out there without a working GPS on one of the two builds the fix is:
    1. Get a stock ROM.
    2. Go outside using a GPS application (like GPS Test from the Market)
    3. Wait until you get a fix and a location.
    4. Flash SuperOSR/CM.
    5. Redo step 2.
    CM7 Roadmap

For those who missed it, check http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog :D

After CyanogenMod 7.2 is released, we will be merging in and welcoming aboard maintainers for the following devices (with more queued):

HTC Status (chacha)
    HTC Wildfire S (marvel)
    LG Optimus Chic (e720)
    Motorola Photon (sunfire)
    Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5500)
    working so far

yesterday late I tried with xdbg's kernel, init.chacha.rc & bcm module and the TS worked. using his kernel I got to test more things:

So far, in my build this is what I have tested:

- Touchscreen: OK
    - Calls (with audio): OK
    - Data (3g): OK
    - Wifi: OK

Doesn't work (yet):
    - Physical keyboard :( (I can get data from input device though)
    - leds and backlight, not well tested, but didn't seem to be working (it work manually though, by echoing in the /proc)
    - Camara
    - GPS
    - Sensors

SMS, MMS: untested

Screenshots gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/788286/1/SuperOSR-Chacha?h=5cc26e#/
    Hi.

A couple of pointers/possible solutions:

- Physical keyboard :( (I can get data from input device though)

You must patch frameworks/base/include/ui/KeycodeLabels.h or remove the unknown keys from chacha-keypad.kl. I suspect other files must be patched as well, for example to make the 0 work.

- leds and backlight, not well tested, but didn't seem to be working (it work manually though, by echoing in the /proc)

Check that you have lights.msm7k.so and also check the permissions in init.chacha.rc. You might need a newer lights than the one used in the Liberty.

I think the libcamera.so from HTC has a different API than CM7. Also you must uncomment PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_DEFINES += TARGET_PRELINKER_MAP... in your vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_chacha.mk.
    Check the libcameraservice source code. This problem could be slightly harder to fix.

I think the radio is more recent than on the Liberty, hence the loc_api version will be higher. Try 20000 and 50000. Also try with the gps.chacha.so from stock ROM.

Try with a newer libsensors or sensors.chacha.so from stock ROM.
    Link removed because it was obsolete