[CSC features] * 10 Jan'13 * Enable secret CSC features

Search This thread

Ledaa

Nov 16, 2010
To enable recording during phone call

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_EnableCallButtonInFdnList>TRUE</CscFeature_VoiceCall_EnableCallButtonInFdnList>
<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>

Push the record icon to activate (see attached picture).

namhoang235

Feb 10, 2018
hatay - Viet Nam
Sorry for old thread but i use los 14.1 and i have to enable csc feature to fix audio call error. But there is no system/csc folder. Any suggestions? Sorry for my bad English

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can enable some features that Sammy decided to disable for your country by default.

These features can be found in /system/csc/feature.xml
    Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to /system/csc/others.xml (same directory).

########## Frequently Asked Questions ##########
    • I did everything, but It not working.

Make sure you add the CSC features between <FeatureSet> and </FeatureSet> (See Below)
      Code:
      <FeatureSet>
          <!-- This is a comment. You may write anything between these tags -->
          <CscFeature_XXX>TRUE</CscFeature_XXX>
        </FeatureSet>

After adding these lines to your existing file using any root explorer or vi, sometime permissions are reset for some users. Please verify / reset file permissions to allow read access to all.

• I do not have /system/csc/feature.xml
      Some users have reported on being on a rom that does not have feature.xml. If you are one of these you may try adding the code to others.xml in the same directory.

• There are many more out there.
      I know :silly:. For a complete list see my second post.

• I know one that works, but its not listed here.
      Please feel free to post it in this thread or PM me. I'll be glad to test it and add to OP.

• I rebooted to recovery and all features are gone..
      If you enter stock recovery (3e), your csc may be re-applied and all your modifications may be removed. If your csc is modified don't enter stock recovery (3e).

Add the following lines to your existing file using any root explorer or vi. (be sure to backup the file before you experiment)
    IF YOU HAVE FAT FINGERS, SEE MY FILE IN THE SECOND POST :cyclops:

Enter Key = New Line in stock sms // Only if not supported already
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Message_ReplaceCRToNewLine>true</CscFeature_Message_ReplaceCRToNewLine>

Enable scheduled message
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMessage>
    <CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>true</CscFeature_Message_EnableScheduledMsgBox>

Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboardShow Content for Screenshot
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-08-08-12-1.png

Code:
    <CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
    <CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>
    Show Content to view Launguage codes UPDATED
    The Format is one of the two types. Either...
    • Lower case language code (ko) OR
    • Lower case language code_UPPERCASE COUNTRY CODE (en_US).
    You can find out which one applies to your language depending upon whether there is a country code mentioned in front of your language in the Keyboard settings.
    For example: There are two types of english language keyboards, US and GB (Great Britain) So the english keyboard codes are en_US and en_GB respectively.
    There is only one korean Keyboard, so it would only have the language code, not the country code. example : ko.

In below code i have mentioned all combinations of language and countries. please select whatever applies to you.
    If just language code does not work try adding "_COUNTRYCODE".
    Code:
    en_GB;en_US;en_AU;en_CA;en_PH;en_IE;en_NZ;en_ZA;
    ko_KR;de_AT;de_CH;de_DE;fr_FR;fr_CH;fr_BE;fr_CA; bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;
    ga_IE;hr_HR;hu_HU;is_IS;it_IT; lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;nl_BE;pl_PL;pt_PT;pt-BR;ro_RO;sr_RS;sv_SE;tr_TR; ca_ES;eu_ES;gl_ES;kk_KZ;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;uk_UA;uz_UZ;az_AZ;hy_AM;ka_GE;
    pt_BR;in_ID;ja_JP;vi_VN;zh_CN;zh_TW;ar_AE;ar_IL;fa_FA;ur_PK;iw_IL;th_TH;zh_HK;zh_SG

Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs along with contacts
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>true</CscFeature_Dialer_PhonebookNdigitsMatching>
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>true</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>
    No Limits on joining contacts together. # Removes the existing Limit of 5 contacts
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>999</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>
    extend speed dials to 100
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>true</CscFeature_Contact_ExtendSpeedDialTo100>
    Extend Contact name lenth Limit to 1280
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_LimitNameLength>1280</CscFeature_Contact_LimitNameLength>

Add exit menu to stock web browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>
    Confirm whether you want to exit the browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>true</CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>
    Stock browser requests Desktop site by default
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_EnableDesktopSiteAsDefault>true</CscFeature_Web_EnableDesktopSiteAsDefault>
    Show the current user agent in Internet->Settings->Advanced
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_ShowVersionInSetting>true</CscFeature_Web_ShowVersionInSetting>

Add shutter sound on/off menu to stock camera app
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

Hide Software Update from Settings
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>true</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>

Show your hardware revision in Settings->About (same as dialing *#12580*369#)
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Setting_EnableHwVersionDisplay>true</CscFeature_Setting_EnableHwVersionDisplay>

Enable infinite scrolling in TW home screens, app drawer, and widget drawer
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation>false</CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation>

Enables Rotation control icon in Gallery
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>true</CscFeature_Gallery_AddAutoRotationIcon>

Any Finally, if you know more, please leave me a pm or a comment and i'll add it to this post
    Would you like to help crack more CscFeatures?

Would you like to help crack more CscFeatures?

I have listed out about 700+ CscFeatures that may or may not apply to our devices. I do not have the time to confirm if they really work.
    If one of you would like to test these on your devices, please click Show Content. If they work please report to me and i'll add them to the OP.

Warning: Dragons Ahead

Please see this link to access the CscFeatures. Again. These are Samsung generic and not specifically for Note2.
    But may work for note2. Please backup your devices before you experiment.

CscFeatures

For those having problems

I have uploaded my feature.xml. please place this in the /system/csc/feature.xml See attachment.
    Please rename feature.txt to xml while copying.
    Inverted email to white like in tab

I dont know how many of you really like the inverted email which is hardly readable and just changing the CSC you will get the email app in white and just looks like in TAB!

To get in white:

<CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>TRUE</CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>

To get in inverted

<CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>FALSE</CscFeature_Email_UseFixedBgColorAsWhite>

Attached screenshots!

2012-12-31-09-59-27.jpg2012-12-31-10-00-43.jpg2012-12-31-10-01-03.jpg2012-12-31-10-01-10.jpg

I am also trying to make messaging, contacts,settings in while like TAB..stay tuned!:p

Feel Helped, Press Thanks!
    Same for me. I'm running 4.1.2 and there is no framework.xml file in the folder. I'm using root explorer.

Why on earth did they disable the sub symbols on the international variants? Crazy!

I guess I cn make a flashable zip when I get home. Jz the file only.. push it in /system/csc
    But im on international variant.. so make a nandroid backup if wanna flash it

edit: seems like i wont be home anytime soon.. so i upload the file itself. extract the rar file. copy and paste the file to /system/csc
    gip rw-r-r permission and reboot.
    Please remember.. after you edit the file... change permission again into 644
    Sometimes your editor make it 611

Agreed, this is so important. For anyone struggling to do this here's how I do it.

*Please note* Firstly, I make changes to the XML file called 'others' as I do not have the file called 'features'. When I inserted someone else's 'features' XML it caused unforseen problems for me. Don't forget to backup your original XML file first.

I use the free app ES File Explorer to make all the necessary changes to the XML file, including adding the text to the file in the first place (ES File Explorer comes with a text editor) as well as changing permissions - the following is based on using this app.

To use it to change a file's permissions, browse to the features/others xml file, tap and hold it until the context menu pops up, scroll to the bottom and tap 'properties'. At the bottom of the window that opens you will see the permissions listed from left to right. After editing the XML file they may have changed to just 'rw'. If I've understood correctly the permissions should read 'rw-r--r--'. In order to do this tap 'change'. Under the 'read' column tick all three boxes, and under the 'write' column, just tick the top one (User). Press 'OK', then 'OK' then restart your phone.

As long as I insert the text in the XML file correctly and remember to change the permissions so that the phone can actually read those changes after I restart my phone, all is well. So far I've added the camera shutter sound menu to the camera app and enabled the symbols on the keyboard.