[ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom V1.0 -Feel the ROAR!!! [ALL4] 2/20/13

Search This thread

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
Thanks for the work one question in am trying to figure out how u got this whomp sound any pointers you have for me team whomp with your permission of coarse

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
That loud volume tweak that is one of the things I loved about this ROM the xtra loud volume in the aroma settings

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Hey guys I ended up selling my Note. Its a long story but Sprint wasn't working out in my area and I decided to go to ATT. However, I still want to try to keep this project alive. Whether that means someone taking over here or trying to get minor updates out. I'm not sure if it will be possible, but so far without me having a device at all its a little bit harder. Anyways, whatever happens, I just want to thank you guys that patiently waited. Whether I am able to continue this project or not I just want to let you guys know that you have been awesome over here especially knowing that I didn't have the device. :)!!!!

What you put out was not perfect. BUT for not having a device, you had some serious mods that have yet to truly be replicated. We here at xda understand life happens too and that this is a hobby. I personally thank you for all you managed to accomplish and would love to see some little updates here or there but by no means am I requesting them. I switch between this, beans and meanbean. So good luck with whatever phone you goto next. You're a gentleman for letting the community know what happened instead of just disappearing like I've seen from some devs in the past. Good luck brother

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
What you put out was not perfect. BUT for not having a device, you had some serious mods that have yet to truly be replicated. We here at xda understand life happens too and that this is a hobby. I personally thank you for all you managed to accomplish and would love to see some little updates here or there but by no means am I requesting them. I switch between this, beans and meanbean. So good luck with whatever phone you goto next. You're a gentleman for letting the community know what happened instead of just disappearing like I've seen from some devs in the past. Good luck brother

Well said my man +1

Reactions: hopesrequiem

efjdmtyper

Nov 21, 2010
This was the first Rom that I ever put on my Sprint Note2 and now that I have Verizon I am going to go back to it and give it another shot. Was having killer Battery life hope that does not change in this rom

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
This rom seems to have been dead for quite some time guys. Sorry to burst your bubble. I too loved this rom when it was being worked on

chickenmusket

Mar 13, 2012
L.A.
same issue, you find a solution?

oh wow... was it that simple?

But I can't boot or enter recovery mode. How do I flash that zip file using odin?

I've used Whomp for almost a year and have loved it. I don't know why, but today when I told it to reset into ClockworkRecovery (was planning to image backup) it got stuck in a bootloop. It refuses to boot into clockwork (bootloop on every attempt, removed battery 15 times, nothing).

Like you, I can only boot into download mode. Is there a way to fix this without wiping everything? Isn't it just the original command that Whomp told it to reboot into CWR and it's unable to do it? Isn't there a way to fix this with Odin or something?

Help :(

Still love android, though

chickenmusket

Mar 13, 2012
L.A.
possible solution

I can't go to recovery with Volume Up + Home + Power... It keeps looping and won't let me.

Only Volume Down + Home + Power let's me enter download mode though...

I know this is late in coming, but maybe this will help some people with the Galaxy Note 2 and Whompasaurus installed. I just spent 5 hours on this and figured something that worked without unrooting back to stock.

Scenario: boot-loop problem arose when I told Whomp (on my sph-l900) to reboot into cwm recovery. It rebooted but into a boot-loop. Could not get into cwm recovery at all, only download mode. I searched for hours and hours on a solution. I didn't want to unroot back to stock because everything had worked perfectly for a year (lose all my info).

This probably won't work for a lot of you...but I think it will work if you had whomp working fine and the way in which you got into the mess matches mine.

So, no need to root back to stock.

Put the phone into download mode. Started Odin (as administrator). Hooked up the usb cable. Odin sees the phone.

Clicked pda and this file
recovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-SPHL900.tar
https://mega.co.nz/#!mdlUkBpb!rqQG5ed2tjr6s1ym7Y_HaIkuzut-kZaW8ZJxzexiZVY
(hopefully that link works for you)

((If you need to get it for a similar note 2 phone, the original source I acquired the file from is the Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit (in a recovery file). If you're using something other than the sph-l900, the recovery file you use will have your model number.))

defaults were checked: auto reboot was checked, f.reset time was checked

Then the phone rebooted and I'm in TWRP. I had it wipe cache, wipe dalvik, reboot and presto! We are back in action.

I think it installed twrp over clockworkmod recovery
Maybe my cwm recovery was corrupted or maybe whomp didn't properly execute the reboot into recovery command which caused this damn boot-loop. But it looks like you just need to reinstall a version of recovery using Odin (but not the stock recovery me-thinks)

Here's a link to all the files I've downloaded for the Note 2 sph-l900 over time...
https://mega.co.nz/#F!SdNDyDwQ!GhTyheeTIcQuAKEk5ntcLw

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

This rom seems to have been dead for quite some time guys. Sorry to burst your bubble. I too loved this rom when it was being worked on

I don't think the Rom is totally dead. I've been using it for a year. I love it. Everything works on mine still. And I don't have to deal with providers' & cell phone makers' incessant crappy updates which f*ck up my sh*t.

Phone is fast even loaded down with tons of software i have on it.

Great phone, great ROM ... still alive .. at least, for now ....

Last edited:

kalkat579

Mar 2, 2012
I know this is late in coming, but maybe this will help some people with the Galaxy Note 2 and Whompasaurus installed. I just spent 5 hours on this and figured something that worked without unrooting back to stock.

Scenario: boot-loop problem arose when I told Whomp (on my sph-l900) to reboot into cwm recovery. It rebooted but into a boot-loop. Could not get into cwm recovery at all, only download mode. I searched for hours and hours on a solution. I didn't want to unroot back to stock because everything had worked perfectly for a year (lose all my info).

This probably won't work for a lot of you...but I think it will work if you had whomp working fine and the way in which you got into the mess matches mine.

So, no need to root back to stock.

Put the phone into download mode. Started Odin (as administrator). Hooked up the usb cable. Odin sees the phone.

Clicked pda and this file
recovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-SPHL900.tar
https://mega.co.nz/#!mdlUkBpb!rqQG5ed2tjr6s1ym7Y_HaIkuzut-kZaW8ZJxzexiZVY
(hopefully that link works for you)

((If you need to get it for a similar note 2 phone, the original source I acquired the file from is the Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit (in a recovery file). If you're using something other than the sph-l900, the recovery file you use will have your model number.))

defaults were checked: auto reboot was checked, f.reset time was checked

Then the phone rebooted and I'm in TWRP. I had it wipe cache, wipe dalvik, reboot and presto! We are back in action.

I think it installed twrp over clockworkmod recovery
Maybe my cwm recovery was corrupted or maybe whomp didn't properly execute the reboot into recovery command which caused this damn boot-loop. But it looks like you just need to reinstall a version of recovery using Odin (but not the stock recovery me-thinks)

Here's a link to all the files I've downloaded for the Note 2 sph-l900 over time...
https://mega.co.nz/#F!SdNDyDwQ!GhTyheeTIcQuAKEk5ntcLw

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I don't think the Rom is totally dead. I've been using it for a year. I love it. Everything works on mine still. And I don't have to deal with providers' & cell phone makers' incessant crappy updates which f*ck up my sh*t.

Phone is fast even loaded down with tons of software i have on it.

Great phone, great ROM ... still alive .. at least, for now ....

actually this one is dead i revived the rom for a shot time when i took over development from testing but that one died as well this rom was also always tested on twrp so that would be the best if you still want to flash it if anybody actually want to take over this rom and update the cap out of it be my guest

chickenmusket

Mar 13, 2012
L.A.
Still using it ...

Now 2 years into the whomp ROM & I still prefer it. I upgraded to Note 3, returned it. Why? Because whomp is so good.

Then I tried an LG G3 and am returning it because the whomp is still better. Got the wifi hotspot no problems. On the LG G3 can't even talk on phone while surfing 4g data, what the hell? And that annoying spinning spark symbol driving me nuts.

Just bought a new Note 2 in the box for 250 bucks as a back up. Going to image the whomp and transfer it to the new phone. Hopefully whomp will take me 4 more years like a toyota.

I love you whomp. Such a good rom. Wish I could turn that boot animation off, though. Or, put something more professional.

Whompasaurus for Note 4 & Note edge??? Please? Make it look just like the note 2 ... it's perfect (the new kitkrap and lollibarf sucks, large tiles with tons of empty space & calling it modern is piss poor amateurish design)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwhomp.jpg

presents_zps5069f28b.jpg

WhompasaurusRom_zps3c005903.jpg

whomp.jpg

An ultra smooth, rock stable, and tweaked out stock rom! Offering great battery life, endless options, and putting the installation of the rom in the control of the user. Team Whomp is dedicated toward improving this rom and listening to the users to make it greater.

theteam_zps88686065.jpg

EvolutionCSR: Developer
    Cincyelite22: Developer

romfeatures_zps66bdfec6.jpg

Code:
    [center]
    [SIZE="3"][I]
    [u][B][COLOR="blue"]Aroma Installer:[/COLOR][/B][/u][/center]
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Installation Options:[/COLOR][/B]Full Install, Mod and Theme Install
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Touchwiz Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]TW 4x4, TW5x6, Rotating TW4x4, Rotating TW 5x6
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Launchers:[/COLOR][/B]Nova, Apex, Android 4.2 Launcher
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Status Bar Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Notification Pull Down Transparency:[/COLOR][/B]No Transparency, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Quick Toggle Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Drop Down Bar Colors:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Baby Blue, Blue, Green, Magenta, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Battery Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Stock, Blue Circle, Circles, Digital Numbers, Green Circle, ICS Circle, Meter, Red, Stars, Stock W/ Percent
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Center Clock:[/COLOR][/B] Align Clock Center, Align Clock Right
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Optional Mods:[/COLOR][/B] Call Recording, Resizable Popup Browser, Ad Block, Increased Volume Levels, Auto Correct for Samsung Keyboard, On Screen Navigation Keys
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Google:[/COLOR][/B] Play Store, Maps, Street, Google Now & Search, GMail, GTalk, Youtube, Play Music, Play Books, Play Magazines
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Samsung:[/COLOR][/B] All Share, Groupcast, Kies, Media Hub, Music Hub, Mobile Print, Samsung Apps, Pen Apps, S Suggest, S Voice, S Cloud
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Miscellaneous:[/COLOR][/B] Accuweather Apps, Adobe Flash, Amazon Apps, Dropbox, NFL Mobile, Polaris Office, VPN Client, Yahoo Apps, Flipboard, Live Wallpapers,Verizon Apps, Swype
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Jelly Bean Apps:[/COLOR][/B] Jelly Bean Keyboard, Jelly Bean Camera, Jelly Bean Desckclock
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Social Media:[/COLOR][/B] XDA, Twitter, Facebook, Google +
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-File Managers:[/COLOR][/B] ES File Explorer, Stock Samsung File Explorer
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Kernels:[/COLOR][/B] Stock Kernel, Perseus Kernel V32.1, Saber Kernel V13.4
    [B][COLOR="navy"]-Boot Animation:[/COLOR][/B] Fossil Animation, Whomp on Fire Animation
    [b][center]
    [COLOR="navy"]
    -4in1 Reboot
    -5x6 TouchWiz Launcher W/ Scrolling Wallpaper
    -8 Color Options for Quick Toggles and Drop Down Bar
    -23 Quick Settings Toggles Mod
    -Awesome Beats Audio Mod
    -Ad Block
    -Android 4.2 Launcher, GMail, Keyboard, Camera, & Desk Clock
    -AOSP Lockscreen Option
    -AROMA Installer
    -Battery Tweaks
    -Black Status Bar
    -Build.prop Tweaks
    -Busy Box Support
    -Call Record Mod
    -Camera in Call enabled
    -Camera enabled with low battery
    -Camera Shutter Sound Option
    -Center Clock Mod
    -Contacts Tweaks
    -Custom Boot Animation
    -Debloated!
    -Disabled Full Charge Notification
    -Increased Call and Speaker Volume
    -MultiWindow w/ All apps enabled and 50% opacity
    -Multiple Kernel Selections
    -Network Tweaks
    -Notification LED Customization
    -On Screen Navigation Buttons
    -Percent Battery Mods
    -Perseus Kernel
    -Retheme and Remod Option in AROMA
    -Resizable Popup Browser
    -Rotating TouchWiz Launchers
    -Samsung Auto Correct Keyboard
    -SMS Tweaks
    -Stability
    -Stock Look
    -Stock Fonts
    -SuperUser
    -Transparent Pull Down
    -Transparent Status Bars
    -Volume Buttons as Shutter
    -Volume Skip Track enabled
    -Wallpaper Scrolling
    -Whompasaurus Built in Settings
    -Whompasaurs Wallpapers
    -Wifi Tether Mod[/COLOR][/center]
    [/I][/B][/SIZE]

screenshots_zps43b1a636.jpg

permission_zps9f5a4ab5.jpg

If anyone would like to use the work of Team WHOMP! all we ask is that you give us the credit due :)
    Thread cleaned
    There will be no profanity or disrespect on my forums
    Please read the rules, they are simple and easy to follow
    Please when posting bugs do not sound disgusted (with an ughhh) or entitled
    Simply list what was expected and what actually happened and the methods tried
    We try to encourage development here not discourage which is what happens with flame wars
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Re: [ROM][Team WHOMP!] Whompasaurus Rom BETA R2 [ALL4] 2/19/13

How about you changing the text color in the OP from blue to a color that's readable?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I agree 100 percent, I have a hard time reading the blue on the phone and not just in this app either. The cnet app uses a lot of blue and I can barely read it.

Goodness gracias!! Really??? This is how we greet two new developers BLINDLY building?

Go kick rocks... You should be kicked out of android. Change your damn background color.

/rant

I do admit some apology for the bugs that have been seen. I had access to the note on verizon for a night but really wanted to use that time to knock out the major beta bugs. I payed a coworker to give me his phone for the night so I could tighten it up. All the current bugs will get fixed and I apologize again for the stuff I missed. Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
    Got my hands on a note II on Verizon till tomorrow. Now that I can see what i've done ill fix a few bugs and we will put this out on official release. That includes a working boot ani. :) Messaging app is missing in beta r2 and status bar is still grey. Those will be fixed. If there is anything anyone else noticed let me know.

Thanks guys.