Unrevoked team: Incredible Root process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joe92T

Aug 19, 2009
New Hampshire
@Joe92T: Are you asking for help? Try the new procedure. If it tells you permission denied, then it was not rooted. The nand is locked down even if you are rooted except through the unrevoked exploit, wo that is why it tells you read only.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I am asking for help.. i have a 100% stock rom on my phone, i havent rooted it in any way, its hboot 79... Anyway i did the nand unlock that was posted last night for afew hours before taken down, and even after doing the nand unlock and booting into android it still says permission denied and says /system is a read only file, so im wondering if the posted nand unlock even unlocked anything in the first place, because if it did wouldnt i have free reign even while running android and not recovery

Jun 13, 2010
To use that nand unlock, you need root first. Period. Root, then nand. Not the other way.

Also, if you had root, then used that tool that was posted and rebooted, you would not have the nand unlock anymore. But either way, you need to be rooted first.

Joe92T

Aug 19, 2009
New Hampshire
So that nand unlock really did jack squat for me then and i need to still wait for the easy root method?

I was hoping if the nand unlock worked i could jus go into adb shell while in android and do flash_image recovery and have the new clockwork put on my phone which would in turn let me root / give me root

Last edited:

aaronjb

Sep 16, 2009
To use that nand unlock, you need root first. Period. Root, then nand. Not the other way.

Also, if you had root, then used that tool that was posted and rebooted, you would not have the nand unlock anymore. But either way, you need to be rooted first.

I'm rooted and the tool still didn't work. No biggie, though - not much to be gained for me from a (longer) temporary NAND unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The new unrevoked.com reflash tool is out, one click root and recovery. no sd method's required. Mod's please close this thread ending with this post if you can...