{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A] [kitkat] Resurrection Remix discussion / NEWS Thread

Search This thread

Saatvik Shukla

Inactive Recognized Contributor
design_elements_landingnew.png
About Resurrection Remix ROM ®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]supporting many devices[/font]

Special thanks to the AOKP team ParanoidAndroid team, the CM team, OMNI team and of course to all the supporters

Throw in all your Questions and querries ;)

Last edited:

jesudas

Mar 16, 2012
Dharwad
Screen Brightness...........

Sometimes my brightness automatically adjusted like high to low/low to high.........i dont know am i doing something wrong..............:confused:does anybody have this issue........ and its totally different as coconut 90 quoted, as per his observation its goes completely black and to get back the screen have to reboot the device because of the kernel issue.............. but in my case its totally different.................:angel:

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
This looks awesome. Which kernel should I flash if I want to try it out? The one mentioned in your first post leads to a dead link.

Do the camera, and camera apps work ok?

Is it based on CM11, and can we use CM11 themes?

ION kernels seem to have quite a few issues on the builds i've tried so far. Vanir, Carbon and PAC. How does this one hold up on the stability side of things?

What's the system free space after installing and flashing the smaller gapps linked?

ART is listed as being supported, but so far, switching to ART on my satsuma results in severely limited space issues. I presume that's still the case here.

Pardon all the questions. I did try the linked FAQ, but it didn't seem to have extended install instructions as mentioned.

Thanks very much for the great effort.

Swapnil Kadlag

Oct 6, 2013
Mumbai
This looks awesome. Which kernel should I flash if I want to try it out? The one mentioned in your first post leads to a dead link.

Do the camera, and camera apps work ok?

Is it based on CM11, and can we use CM11 themes?

ION kernels seem to have quite a few issues on the builds i've tried so far. Vanir, Carbon and PAC. How does this one hold up on the stability side of things?

What's the system free space after installing and flashing the smaller gapps linked?

ART is listed as being supported, but so far, switching to ART on my satsuma results in severely limited space issues. I presume that's still the case here.

Pardon all the questions. I did try the linked FAQ, but it didn't seem to have extended install instructions as mentioned.

Thanks very much for the great effort.
1.the ION kernel should be used
it is included in rom zip
2.the rom is pretty stable apart from some minor bugs like youtube & some brightness issues
hope OP is workin on it
3.we get around 50-60mb free space after installing smaller gapps
4.yes,we get limited space after enabling ART ,hardly ~160mb,right?
for using ART we should have atleast 500mb partition on sd with some scripts
right now OP is workin for ART support
5.IDK about special extended install instructions
Thanks if worked

Last edited:
Reactions: tillward

hekomat

Feb 4, 2012
My youtube doesn't work. It doesn't play videos, everything else is fine. Playing in browser also doesn't work.
What can I do?

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
1.the ION kernel should be used
it is included in rom zip
2.the rom is pretty stable apart from some minor bugs like youtube & some brightness issues
hope OP is workin on it
3.we get around 50-60mb free space after installing smaller gapps
4.yes,we get limited space after enabling ART ,hardly ~160mb,right?
for using ART we should have atleast 500mb partition on sd with some scripts
right now OP is workin for ART support
5.IDK about special extended install instructions
Thanks if worked

That's great. Thank you. Glad to hear the camera is working. I'll try it now. :cyclops:

JachuV6

Dec 29, 2011
Hi, I'm trying to install this rom on Mini pro (Mango) but i've got problem in CWM which is : "This package is for "SK17i, SK17a,mango" devices; this is a "" " (Status 7) Installation aborted.

I'm sure that I downloaded the rom correctly ( and i'm sure that i ve got mini pro :p )

Can someone help me? Thanks

JachuV6

Dec 29, 2011
^^ did you flash the kernel which is there inside zip?

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

To be honest, no, becouse i didnt found anywhere that i have to :p I thought that the kernel is inside the zip and it's going to be flashed automaticly.

So, can u tell me, what have i do first? unzip the rom and what now? flash the boot.img (i suppose that this is the kernel :p) with flashtool or something?

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
To be honest, no, becouse i didnt found anywhere that i have to :p I thought that the kernel is inside the zip and it's going to be flashed automaticly.

So, can u tell me, what have i do first? unzip the rom and what now? flash the boot.img (i suppose that this is the kernel :p) with flashtool or something?

Yup. Exactly that. I'm having trouble entering recovery mode after flashing the kernel on my satsuma device. The volume rockers seem to have no effect, and I can't boot in to recovery for the next steps. :confused:

Swapnil Kadlag

Oct 6, 2013
Mumbai
No. Not as far as I know. You'd do best to use the included kernel. I still can't get in to recovery after flashing it though. I'm not sure why.
Our devices,even all SONY devices has a different type of bootloader
So we cant flash any type of kernel through recovery
U have to extract rom zip
There will be an boot.img file
U will have flash it through fastboot with pc
Using flashtool or u can use kernel flasher by ghostfreak its simple to use
Http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214724

Thank if helped

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Nightglade

Aug 18, 2010
Hi, I'm using this rom on my xperia arc s. I've flashed the included kernel and followed everything per the instructions (I had to flash it twice, as the first time saw missing Gapps and a rather frustrating "sim has been added, restart your device" message at every boot).

Now, though, I'm having problems with the battery life. I haven't installed any apps from the market, completely wiped the device and flashed the rom + light gapps, but my phone is being kept in an almost perpetually woken state. At first, it was the calendar and now messaging, that's keeping my phone awake. I can't put everything on blacklist, because it prevents me from receiving messages or my alarms going off at the expected times.

Do you have any suggestions? I really enjoy the rom. It looks nice, it's stable (haven't experienced any crashes), and while not lightning quick, doesn't seem to have many slowdowns besides of a bit of a delay when turning the screen on.

tillward

Oct 29, 2013
London
Hi, I'm using this rom on my xperia arc s. I've flashed the included kernel and followed everything per the instructions (I had to flash it twice, as the first time saw missing Gapps and a rather frustrating "sim has been added, restart your device" message at every boot).

Now, though, I'm having problems with the battery life. I haven't installed any apps from the market, completely wiped the device and flashed the rom + light gapps, but my phone is being kept in an almost perpetually woken state. At first, it was the calendar and now messaging, that's keeping my phone awake. I can't put everything on blacklist, because it prevents me from receiving messages or my alarms going off at the expected times.

Do you have any suggestions? I really enjoy the rom. It looks nice, it's stable (haven't experienced any crashes), and while not lightning quick, doesn't seem to have many slowdowns besides of a bit of a delay when turning the screen on.

The "sim has been added, restart your device" message at every boot is a bug on all the ION roms i've tried. Just cancel it. No need to reboot.
Check your processor usage. It might just need some time to settle. Someone else reported something similar in another thread.

mkta

Apr 23, 2014
Hello,

I just installed today this ROM and I have a problem.

When the phone starts is starts with WiFi turned ON. This is ok. BUT if I turn it OFF I can't turn it back on. I have to reboot the phone. Or to turn airplane mode on and off and then it activates automatically. I noticed that on the power widget when i deactivate the WiFi it remains lit but only with a fade color, like it doesn't fully deactivates. I need help to fix this please.

Thank you.

LE: Airplane mode thing doesn't work anymore. Only reboot phone works to activate WiFi again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrection Remix v 5.1.0

• Boot logo while booting >> Fixed
    • Bootlogo appearance >> reduced (not nil, but reduced )
    • Improved Performance and Battery (2% in 8hrs sleep) :D
    • Screen recorder >> fixed :good:
    • Video Recording >> fixed :good:
    • Many ION bugs are resolved :highfive:

Probably the list will expand here more as i use it :D
    design_elements_landingnew.png
    About Resurrection Remix ROM ®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]supporting many devices[/font]

Special thanks to the AOKP team ParanoidAndroid team, the CM team, OMNI team and of course to all the supporters

Throw in all your Questions and querries ;)
    Thank you everyone for supporting , ROM is discontinued for all other Devices except Hallon/Haida (Neo/V)
    There will not be any furthur updates.
    Forthnightly/Monthly (depending on time if i get and the updates done by the devs) ROM will be updated for Neo/V.

Regards
    My youtube doesn't work. It doesn't play videos, everything else is fine. Playing in browser also doesn't work.
    What can I do?
    thats the bug from ION kernel
    will be solved soon
    Thanks if worked
    hi! today i installed the new 5.1.3 update. the only problem is with wifi it doesnt work. cant even turn it on. is it a rom problem or i can fix it?

Flash the Kernel inside zip...

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk 2