Dec 25, 2012
about_banner.png

Code:
/* *** Disclaimer
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-Cards, thermonuclear war, 
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
* if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM! goes the dynamite
*/

[COLOR="181818"]About Project New World[/COLOR]
Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of Android based on AOSP with features that we think are useful.
The main goal of Project New World is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice and useful features.Thanks for your
attention and we hope you will enjoy our builds as much as we do.

[COLOR="181818"]Warning[/COLOR]
This build is based on B32 blobs so it requires an updated bootloader + modem. (They can be found in the download section)
Also is this a BETA build that means you may face high battery drain, force closing apps etc. Please be aware of this.

[COLOR="181818"]Features[/COLOR]
Coming soon

[COLOR="181818"]Bugs[/COLOR]
VoLTE
(Speaker bug) [While calling toggle loudspeaker to avoid]
(Dual Sim) [If you get no in call audio try to switch data sims etc.]

[COLOR="181818"]Installation instructions[/COLOR]
Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked
1. Update your version of TWRP (3.2.1-0 or > recommended) [Download]
2. Perform a backup of your current ROM (optionally)
3. Wipe system,data and cache (optionally) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
4. Install the Universal B32 bootloader and your model specific modem.
5. Install Project New World
6. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Unofficial Open GApps (arm64) (8.1)]
7. Reboot

[COLOR="181818"]Source[/COLOR]
Kernel
Device tree
Vendor to be continued..

[COLOR="181818"]Download[/COLOR]
Bootstack - B32 and modems
Project New World Beta Builds

[COLOR="181818"]Credits[/COLOR]
LineageOS
Unjustified Dev
DrakenFX
(If you think you should be on the list hit me up)

XDA:DevDB Information
Project New World - O_MR1, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
OrdenKrieger
Source Code: https://github.com/ProjectNewWorld

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-31
Last Updated 2018-01-31

Last edited:

OrdenKrieger

Dec 25, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to update my bootstack before flashing?
Yes, if you don't come from B32 stock it's necessary to update your boostack and modem. That files
can be found under the download section.

Does this rom support modifications?
No, because I don't know how every modification out there exact works which can cause
problems with debuging and overall stability.

Does this rom support custom kernels?
No, because this falls under the same section as modifications, but every kernel that is based
on the source of the stock kernel of this rom, should work fine.

Will you add feature or app XYZ?
No, our team decides democratically and we only want unique or necessary features
without overloading the rom. Also should the rom work the same no matter which device
it's used on.

Why isn't everything working flawlessly?
Remember, this is a Beta build for testing purposes. Also are this build based on old
N proprietary blobs and since ZTE didn't release any new for now it's impossible to fix
certain issues.

When will a new build drop?
When I think it's alright. I don't want to release untested work.

Last edited:

Cablespider

Jun 5, 2012
Chicago
I installed it as soon as it hit AFH. Flashed bootloader and modem. No problems with install other than a corrupt sd notice. Working on that. Data/Wifi/Bluetooth operational. The camera doesn't fc but is very dark and takes dark images. Known issue, so let's move on. Substratum works. Mono looks sweet on 8.1. The big cluster doesn't seem to be downclocking on Interactive. Switching to Conservative solves that. Too early to tell much else. Gratz on a solid first release!

Edit: I backed up my SD card, formatted it and copied everything back. It's working fine. I've had this problem with a few other Oreo builds. Not sure why Oreo sees it as corrupted initially.

Last edited:

Gases

Jul 2, 2016
Santo Domingo
Flash universal bootloader

I tried flashing the universal bootloader provided in the OP. It still shows the same error.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

you installed the B32 bootloader.

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962157660013068930

t started off well for me.

Just tried that one as well, no difference.

I'm flashing that first, then the A2017U B32 modem provided in the OP, and then flashing the ROM. It shows error 7, and it says that my device name isn't correct.

kenet

Jun 15, 2010
Leon
www.androidmod.net
I tried flashing the universal bootloader provided in the OP. It still shows the same error.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I'm flashing that first, then the A2017U B32 modem provided in the OP, and then flashing the ROM. It shows error 7, and it says that my device name isn't correct.

Surely you downloaded corrupted the zip.

Reactions: Gases

reV17

Feb 8, 2013
Hackensack

No mine sis the same to. Left my device name as blank lol. Had to manually remove the trust zone. Try redownloading it or go in and change it to blank like i did

Gases

Jul 2, 2016
Santo Domingo
Surely you downloaded corrupted the zip.

I honestly don't think so. I just re-downloaded everything, flashed everything and got the exact same error. What can I do?

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

No mine sis the same to. Left my device name as blank lol. Had to manually remove the trust zone. Try redownloading it or go in and change it to blank like i did

How can I do that? I've tried doing it, but I get an error saying the ZIP file is in an incorrect format.

I'm sorry for asking so much, I'm a complete noob and I can't find information on this :(

reV17

Feb 8, 2013
Hackensack
I honestly don't think so. I just re-downloaded everything, flashed everything and got the exact same error. What can I do?

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

How can I do that? I've tried doing it, but I get an error saying the ZIP file is in an incorrect format.

I'm sorry for asking so much, I'm a complete noob and I can't find information on this :(

can you confirm, what version of TWRP are you using? Try using the latest. That fixed my problem. Still had the N1 version installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    about_banner.png

Code:
    /* *** Disclaimer
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD-Cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite
    */

[COLOR="181818"]About Project New World[/COLOR]
    Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of Android based on AOSP with features that we think are useful.
    The main goal of Project New World is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice and useful features.Thanks for your
    attention and we hope you will enjoy our builds as much as we do.

[COLOR="181818"]Warning[/COLOR]
    This build is based on B32 blobs so it requires an updated bootloader + modem. (They can be found in the download section)
    Also is this a BETA build that means you may face high battery drain, force closing apps etc. Please be aware of this.

[COLOR="181818"]Features[/COLOR]
    Coming soon

[COLOR="181818"]Bugs[/COLOR]
    VoLTE
    (Speaker bug) [While calling toggle loudspeaker to avoid]
    (Dual Sim) [If you get no in call audio try to switch data sims etc.]

[COLOR="181818"]Installation instructions[/COLOR]
    Attention! The bootloader needs to be unlocked
    1. Update your version of TWRP (3.2.1-0 or > recommended) [Download]
    2. Perform a backup of your current ROM (optionally)
    3. Wipe system,data and cache (optionally) [Needed if coming from another rom!; always good to avoid bugs]
    4. Install the Universal B32 bootloader and your model specific modem.
    5. Install Project New World
    6. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Unofficial Open GApps (arm64) (8.1)]
    7. Reboot

[COLOR="181818"]Source[/COLOR]
    Kernel
    Device tree
    Vendor to be continued..

[COLOR="181818"]Download[/COLOR]
    Bootstack - B32 and modems
    Project New World Beta Builds

[COLOR="181818"]Credits[/COLOR]
    LineageOS
    Unjustified Dev
    DrakenFX
    (If you think you should be on the list hit me up)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project New World - O_MR1, ROM for the ZTE Axon 7

Contributors
    OrdenKrieger
    Source Code: https://github.com/ProjectNewWorld

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-31
    Last Updated 2018-01-31
    Next build will be based on the actual O CAF display and media HAL. We where using AOSP before with the graphic stack from the Pixel XL. Also is the kernel updated to the actual O CAF upstream kernel. The sublevel is now 71 instead of 31. As I said some post before, the charging issue seem also to be fixed. Also will the next build include an updated O power HAL. We where using the N one before. Night mode is also added to not hurt your eyes if it's dark. And last but not least the camera did get some stability fixes. I'm doing some testing now and if everything goes well expect a new build in the next days.
    Next release is aimed for this Sunday. :)
    -UPDATE-

Changelog:
    • android-8.1.0_r4 (Security Patch 2018-01-05)
    • Kernel rebased 3.18.71 (only kernels based on mine source will work now)
    • New Power HAL
    • New Graphic Stack (LA.UM.6.5.r1-05300-8x96.0)
    • New Media Stack (LA.UM.6.5.r1-05300-8x96.0)
    • Fix for charging bug
    • Disable anti-falsing on lockscreen
    • Some new CAF audio patches
    • Fix camera stability
    • Much more? ;)
    • Ahh and yea the PNWSettings App is empty because.. Not enough time. :p
    SORRY NOT TODAY. Just notes that audio isn't working. Shame on me. Next build tomorrow: 15.01.2018
    So next release should have fixed in call audio volume, GPS, sim on and off switch and also some new features. Looking good so far. :)