[HELP THREAD][C1904] All Questions Welcome!

Search This thread

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
Help Thread for Sony Xperia M C1904

XDA Developers is perhaps one of the best forums for Android hacking and development, and with the number of Android devices on the market, it is only a matter of time when people start exploring their phones and push its limits. Lots of people join XDA everyday, and not all of them are developers. They may have questions regarding their device. This thread is the right pace to ask those questions. All questions are entertained. Anyone with the correct answer are welcome to contribute.

This thread will soon be a great resource of information about the Xperia M. Please do come back once in a while and go through the thread. You never know when you might find something new about your own device. ;)

New links will be added here as soon as guide threads start popping up.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2011
Link2SD and SD Card Partition query

I dont know if queries have to be posted here, or a new thread has to be created, Anyways, please move this post if necessary.

I want to install huge games on my Xperia M C1904 on JB 4.1 Rooted
I purchased a Sandisk UHS 16 GB Class 10 card

So far, i was managing well with GL2SD as it is really hassle free. But i want to install some games which are nearly 2 GB and for this case GL2SD cant cut it cuz of the meager internal memory of Xperia M (the moving hassle). SO i have decided to another alternative=> Link2SD with a partitioned SD card:)

So can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to -----
1) Partition my SD card, and can i un-partition it later? Please recomend simple methods...
2) How to use the partitioned SD card for Link 2 SD? As in what to do after partitioning the SD card into two parts...
3) What are the risks involved?
4) I want to allocate 8/14.8 GB to Games and the remaining 6.2/14.8 GB for videos and songs. As in more preference for apps and games.

I am a noob, so kindly use simple terms and assume that i am like 10 year old or something :p

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
I dont know if queries have to be posted here, or a new thread has to be created, Anyways, please move this post if necessary.

So far, i was managing well with GL2SD as it is really hassle free. But i want to install some games which are nearly 2 GB and for this case GL2SD cant cut it cuz of the meager internal memory of Xperia M (the moving hassle). SO i have decided to another alternative=> Link2SD with a partitioned SD card:)

1) Partition my SD card, and can i un-partition it later? Please recomend simple methods...
2) How to use the partitioned SD card for Link 2 SD? As in what to do after partitioning the SD card into two parts...
4) I want to allocate 8/14.8 GB to Games and the remaining 6.2/14.8 GB for videos and songs. As in more preference for apps and games.

I am a noob, so kindly use simple terms and assume that i am like 10 year old or something :p

Hello there. This is the right place to post questions. At least, keeps the forum clean. :p

Xperia M sure is a disappointment with internal storage, but then, that's why it runs Android. ;)

Well, to be quite frank, Link2SD is useless in your case. What happens in Jelly Bean is very different from what happened in Gingerbread. In Gingerbread, Google made it so that the apk file and the dex file remain on your internal storage, while you could move the data of the application to an external sdcard.

What Link2SD basically does is that it links the data of the app to an external partition. On Jelly Bean, there is no option at all to move app data to sdcard. So the best bet would be for you to try the trick I mention below.

With the advent of Jelly Bean, manufacturers were already making phones with huge internal storage, so Google felt it safe to remove the option to move apps to the sdcard.

What you can do though, is to switch your internal with your external memory. You don't have to partition it that way and can install as many games or music as you want.

Your sdcard is mounted as your internal storage while your internal is mounted as the external. So now, you will have an Xperia M with 16 GB internal storage. :) I will put up a guide shortly on how to do that.

Be sure to use a class 10 micro sdcard though, as continuous read and write will degrade the sdcard.

Last edited:

mrinalgupta5

Oct 16, 2013
cyanogen mod

please provide a step by step guide to install cyanogen mod in xperia m single sim - c1904. I cnt even figure out booting in recovery mode.. plz help.:crying:

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
please provide a step by step guide to install cyanogen mod in xperia m single sim - c1904. I cnt even figure out booting in recovery mode.. plz help.:crying:

I'm sorry to inform you, but the Xperia M hasn't got any support for CM as of yet. It might get in the near future, but not presently.

Also, almost all the Xperias don't have a stock recovery installed by default. That is the reason you can't get into recovery mode. You have to flash ClockworkMod Recovery before you can boot into recovery mode.

alvinhochun

Oct 3, 2010

Since you are a new member of this forum, may I first welcome you here.

As gadgetroid already pointed out, we don't yet have any custom ROMs. Some work is being done, but it will take time, so please be patient. I hope you can understand that porting CyanogenMod or any other ROMs to a device is not a simple job.

Lastly, I suggest you read all the existing information on the Xperia M forum sections. They really contain a lot of useful information.

Wish you a good time here! :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia M (C1905)

Reactions: gadgetroid

rakz992

Feb 25, 2013
bangalore
guys can someone provide me the services.jar and libsurfaceflinger.so from xperia m :)
thanks in advance :)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

guys can someone provide me the services.jar and libsurfaceflinger.so from xperia m :)

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Here you go. I haven't deodexed the M yet, so you'll have to deodex the services.jar yourself. :p

Attachments

• Services.rar
    1 MB · Views: 77

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
i just want use app to sd card app is it sufficent to root or it need to unlock bootloader

I've already answered a similar question, but I'll answer again.

Jelly Bean is very different from Gingerbread. App2SD was a very integral feature in Gingerbread because Google had integrated it themselves in their AOSP source code. So this meant that users didn't have to root their phones to move app data to SD and could simply use the built in feature. For users coming from Eclair or FroYo, this was a very great feature.

But by the time Google had released Honeycomb, manufacturers had already started manufacturing devices with huge internal storages (at least flagship and high end phones). This meant that Android no longer needed the App2SD feature.

Google have removed it from the source code in Jelly Bean. The data of the app can't be symlinked to another place. The only way to increase the internal storage would be to swap it with the SD card, which I am working on at the moment. Unfortunately, the usual vold.fstab edit doesn't seem to work, so I have to edit the code in services.jar.

Rest assured, I am working on this issue and will release the guide shortly.

Reactions: punjabi warior

2botia2

Jun 6, 2011
display and camera quality

HI, this is my first post here, I need to decide to by this phone or not, could you please let me know your feedback about display and camera quality since I read lot of reviews pointing to bad camera quality (blue tint)? I that something really bad or you can live with it (my major target is to have good picture to upload on Facebook). Another option for me is to go on Desire X which is better looking but has older hardware,
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Mar 13, 2011
SADDDDDD

Hello there. This is the right place to post questions. At least, keeps the forum clean. :p

Xperia M sure is a disappointment with internal storage, but then, that's why it runs Android. ;)

Well, to be quite frank, Link2SD is useless in your case. What happens in Jelly Bean is very different from what happened in Gingerbread. In Gingerbread, Google made it so that the apk file and the dex file remain on your internal storage, while you could move the data of the application to an external sdcard.

What Link2SD basically does is that it links the data of the app to an external partition. On Jelly Bean, there is no option at all to move app data to sdcard. So the best bet would be for you to try the trick I mention below.

With the advent of Jelly Bean, manufacturers were already making phones with huge internal storage, so Google felt it safe to remove the option to move apps to the sdcard.

What you can do though, is to switch your internal with your external memory. You don't have to partition it that way and can install as many games or music as you want.

Your sdcard is mounted as your internal storage while your internal is mounted as the external. So now, you will have an Xperia M with 16 GB internal storage. :) I will put up a guide shortly on how to do that.

Be sure to use a class 10 micro sdcard though, as continuous read and write will degrade the sdcard.
I have problem with the final step of swapping SD and Internal..

I tried swapping Internal and External...followed every step given in the guide of those forum bt i have a problem

The internal memory shows 2.05 GB Total and 631 MB free
The external memory also shows 2.05GB and 631 MB free
I am using Sandisk UHS Class 10 card 16GB

When i run the text file, the following message shows-
exec sh '/storage/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
ge/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt'
mount: No such file or directory

This is whats written in that txt file-

mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33

/storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/sdcard1

vinod.20r

Jun 16, 2013
Mumbai
Hey i read somewhere long back that Sony has made available AOSP for Sony Xperia M.. Means I can try running stock android on my phone?? Of course with some bugs I believe..

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

HI, this is my first post here, I need to decide to by this phone or not, could you please let me know your feedback about display and camera quality since I read lot of reviews pointing to bad camera quality (blue tint)? I that something really bad or you can live with it (my major target is to have good picture to upload on Facebook). Another option for me is to go on Desire X which is better looking but has older hardware,
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Go for it.. Totally VFM.. As for the Blue Tint some phones are experiencing this problem while most aren't.. If I were you I'd cross check with the dealer as to whether any such problem was found in his lot..

Last edited:

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
I have problem with the final step of swapping SD and Internal..

I tried swapping Internal and External...followed every step given in the guide of those forum bt i have a problem

The internal memory shows 2.05 GB Total and 631 MB free
The external memory also shows 2.05GB and 631 MB free
I am using Sandisk UHS Class 10 card 16GB

When i run the text file, the following message shows-
exec sh '/storage/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt
ge/sdcard0/data/extsd2internalsd_xz.txt'
mount: No such file or directory

This is whats written in that txt file-

mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33

/storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/media /storage/sdcard1

You are using the Xperia Z swap tutorial if I'm not mistaken. If you can point me to the tutorial, I can help you a lot better.

The problem you seem to be facing is due to the naming of the partitions. On the M, the sdcard is actually mounted as a USB device instead of as an external storage. This is the reason I said that the normal vold.fstab method of swapping the memories won't work.

We have to change a few lines in the services.jar, so I'm just taking a look into that.

Hey i read somewhere long back that Sony has made available AOSP for Sony Xperia M.. Means I can try running stock android on my phone?? Of course with some bugs I believe..

No. That is not so. OEMs usually never release a pure AOSP build for their phones. Most of TouchWiz is close sourced, just like HTC's Sense and Xperia's own skin is.

But, an AOSP build is in the works, so stay tuned to the forums.

sam4android

Jul 24, 2013
Mumbai
Thanks in Advance OP

I am wating for your guide OP.... FolderMount is not working. Everytime it tries to map, the system reboots. I have used vroot to root my c2004

simplyanin

Nov 20, 2010
Kolkata
Realme GT 2 Pro
Guys I am planning to buy xperia m very soon as my second phone... I find purple xperia m looks very cute ... But I am very confused with single and double sim...

Which one do you think will be better and also OS upgradable and battery backup??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
Guys I am planning to buy xperia m very soon as my second phone... I find purple xperia m looks very cute ... But I am very confused with single and double sim...

Which one do you think will be better and also OS upgradable and battery backup??

Xperia M is a good device. :thumbup: The Krait core is just an added bonus. :p

The Xperia M is pretty good with battery life. I get around a day on 3G (The Simpson's: Tapped Out for an hour or so, Google+ a few times during the day, Hangouts for at least 3 hours and Twitter on and off), on 2G, a day and a half. Almost all Xperia's have power management tools provided OOTB by Sony, and that's a huge plus.

The Xperia M has good potential ahead, and devs have already shown interest in compiling CM for it. Sony itself will be updating the M to 4.3 in the Q1 of 2014, so that's taken care of too.

I would choose the single SIM variant any day just for developments sake. Dual SIM has no support in AOSP. But it's ultimately up to you which variant you want to buy. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Reactions: simplyanin

vinod.20r

Jun 16, 2013
Mumbai

The Xperia M is pretty good with battery life. I get around a day on 3G (The Simpson's: Tapped Out for an hour or so, Google+ a few times during the day, Hangouts for at least 3 hours and Twitter on and off), on 2G, a day and a half. Almost all Xperia's have power management tools provided OOTB by Sony, and that's a huge plus.

The Xperia M has good potential ahead, and devs have already shown interest in compiling CM for it. Sony itself will be updating the M to 4.3 in the Q1 of 2014, so that's taken care of too.

I would choose the single SIM variant any day just for developments sake. Dual SIM has no support in AOSP. But it's ultimately up to you which variant you want to buy. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Really?? CM for Xperia M? You made my day! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Help Thread for Sony Xperia M C1904

XDA Developers is perhaps one of the best forums for Android hacking and development, and with the number of Android devices on the market, it is only a matter of time when people start exploring their phones and push its limits. Lots of people join XDA everyday, and not all of them are developers. They may have questions regarding their device. This thread is the right pace to ask those questions. All questions are entertained. Anyone with the correct answer are welcome to contribute.

This thread will soon be a great resource of information about the Xperia M. Please do come back once in a while and go through the thread. You never know when you might find something new about your own device. ;)

New links will be added here as soon as guide threads start popping up.

Since you are a new member of this forum, may I first welcome you here.

As gadgetroid already pointed out, we don't yet have any custom ROMs. Some work is being done, but it will take time, so please be patient. I hope you can understand that porting CyanogenMod or any other ROMs to a device is not a simple job.

Lastly, I suggest you read all the existing information on the Xperia M forum sections. They really contain a lot of useful information.

Wish you a good time here! :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia M (C1905)
    i just want use app to sd card app is it sufficent to root or it need to unlock bootloader

I've already answered a similar question, but I'll answer again.

Jelly Bean is very different from Gingerbread. App2SD was a very integral feature in Gingerbread because Google had integrated it themselves in their AOSP source code. So this meant that users didn't have to root their phones to move app data to SD and could simply use the built in feature. For users coming from Eclair or FroYo, this was a very great feature.

But by the time Google had released Honeycomb, manufacturers had already started manufacturing devices with huge internal storages (at least flagship and high end phones). This meant that Android no longer needed the App2SD feature.

Google have removed it from the source code in Jelly Bean. The data of the app can't be symlinked to another place. The only way to increase the internal storage would be to swap it with the SD card, which I am working on at the moment. Unfortunately, the usual vold.fstab edit doesn't seem to work, so I have to edit the code in services.jar.

Rest assured, I am working on this issue and will release the guide shortly.