The Importance of a Real (Tempered Glass) Screen Protector!

Search This thread

blizzy13

Nov 21, 2013
La Grange, KY
can anyone tell me if this will fix in my otter box without issue i would love to get one but i dont want to take my phone out of my case to have the glass

GLunPy

Mar 13, 2012
What is your opinion of having a phone with NO protector and only tempered glass on it?

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
If u insist on otterbox. I have 2 options for u

1. Commuter case (no built in screen protector, less bulky, still plenty of protection)

2. Remove defender screen protector (it can be easily popped out and phone will still be fully protected with glass screen protector in place)

My preference would be #1 if I had to have otterbox. I was given a defender with my note 2 and don't use it because I hate how big it makes it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Soul_Knight

Nov 23, 2013
fayetteville
Thanks for the info going to buy one for me and my wife. Also kind of the same question already asked. Would this fit UNDER the otter box defender stock plastic screen protector ?

puneet_si

Nov 29, 2010
New Delhi
Mine came in similar packaging as well (different brand and graphics) with prep pad, micro fiber and instructions.
Chinese sellers tend to change their product (without updating their listing details) according to supply though so who know's what you'll get anyway

Even I was expecting it to come in a plastic box as shown in above picture. But it was packed in a flimsy bag and no prep pad, etc were included. All it came with was:

View attachment 2427942

Anyway, hoping for the replacement to arrive in a better package.

youStolemylaptop

Mar 21, 2012
I just received mine in the mail today w/ my extended battery. It doesn't seem like I can find a case w/ the back cover - battery i bought. :/

eijisawakita

Sep 6, 2010
I have a tempered glass protector and sweet armor case with extended battery. In short I have a pretty heavy phone. I placed my phone on a window ledge, about 8 feet high to get a good signal. You know how tmobile service is indoors. And after couple of secs, I heard a loud thud, my phone fell straight down to bathtub. Battery got separated, and my phone is face down. I have spider cracks on my tempered glass but not the phone itself. A very good investment. I just have to reorder this tempered glass, and i forgot which brand I got.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
I have a tempered glass protector and sweet armor case with extended battery. In short I have a pretty heavy phone. I placed my phone on a window ledge, about 8 feet high to get a good signal. You know how tmobile service is indoors. And after couple of secs, I heard a loud thud, my phone fell straight down to bathtub. Battery got separated, and my phone is face down. I have spider cracks on my tempered glass but not the phone itself. A very good investment. I just have to reorder this tempered glass, and i forgot which brand I got.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
My Galaxy S2 (pictured in my signature (click to enlarge)) is exactly that configuration. Sweet Armor+Samsung Extended Battery Kit+Tempered Glass.

allanzzz

Oct 16, 2010
holy i used to always think it is the shock that shatters screen regardless of what screen protector you using

vantt1

Dec 23, 2011
Well I'd think a physically rigid protector would absorb shock before it reaches the actual phone's screen.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

fourpointsix

Jan 6, 2009
Just received my tempered glass screen protector from dklmobile on Ebay. Their packaging SUCKS.

Attachments

• broken_glass.jpg
    broken_glass.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 478

Hälftebyte

Just received my tempered glass screen protector from dklmobile on Ebay. Their packaging SUCKS.

Damn I'm gonna remove my link. I had a completely opposite experience with him. I'm gonna send that fool a message too. I recommend his store and this is service he starts giving. :mad:
Sorry about that guys...not intended. My packaging and product was so good I thought I share the link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Braneless

Jun 21, 2011
Dayton, OH
I know they're much more expensive (~$30), but the Seidio Vitreo I bought on ebay came in a box and a nicely padded envelope. It also installed easily and looks/feels flawless. So happy I ditched the zaggs invisishield for this!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

fourpointsix

Jan 6, 2009
Damn I'm gonna remove my link. I had a completely opposite experience with him. I'm gonna send that fool a message too. I recommend his store and this is service he starts giving. :mad:
Sorry about that guys...not intended. My packaging and product was so good I thought I share the link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
It needs to be shipped in a box; bubble wrap provides zero rigidity.

stargtsi

Sep 17, 2007
I got the one the op posted came in a nice case with alcohol wipes and cloth

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

DocEsq

Dec 23, 2010
Got one from eBay which finally arrived. Installed it but a very slight overlap on the front camera due to my incompetence. Not much distortion and not a big deal as I don't use it much. The biggest thing I need to get used to is that the bottom button is now recessed which at first I though was because I applied it wrong :)

Doc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use a tempered oleophobic glass screen protector on my Galaxy Note 2. Just yesterday, it saved my phone from a 1 m drop onto a tile floor. There is now a hairline crack in the protector, but that's much better than having a hairline crack in the Note 2's screen itself. It would've been the screen if it weren't for the protector!

If I had used a plastic film protector, it would have bee a different story. Those flimsy films only protect from scratches, which this tempered glass protector does a much better job at anyway.

These protectors only cost around $10 on eBay, so it's a worthy investment to prevent spending $300 to replace the whole screen assembly.
    ZQHmeM8.jpg
    Damn, should've checked here before I got one on Amazon for twice the price. By the way if anyone's looking for some reliable instructions on applying them here's a nice guide I wrote as a review earlier:

1. I don't know about you but I'm a bit anal with my phone so that whole just "line it up as best as you can and drop it" stuff isn't good enough for me. I'm going to introduce to you the hinge method which will allow you perfect alignment. Lay your screen protector over your screen exactly where you want it to be placed. Don't remove any of the plastic coating just yet, you just want to line it up. Then, tape the bottom part of the screen protector down with two pieces of tape effectively making a hinge. When you go to apply it you will simply remove the backing and the screen will lay down perfectly where it needs to be but we'll get to that in a bit there is still a little more prep required.

2. You are going to need to clean your screen so you don't have any particles under it to cause bubbles this is probably obvious but I would be remiss not to include it. This kit includes a microfiber which for most installations should be just fine however if you feel you need a little extra cleaning help you can also try a little bit of isopropyl alcohol.

2. Your enemy is dust so you want an environment that is less conducive to that. Let the shower run for a while until the steam builds up to ground the dust. Humid=Less dusty. If you haven't guessed by now you will be applying the screen protector in your bathroom.Set up a little station so you can have the phone/screen protector as close to eye level and and as visible as possible to spot any dust particles.

3. The moment of truth! Take another quick swipe with your microfiber cloth and check for any dust particles. You can now peel off the backing. There should be no guesswork here due to your hinge method so this part should be a piece of cake. Slowly lower it starting with the side closest to the screen and it should hinge close. Run your finger down the middle of the screen. You should see it adhere to the rest of the screen on it's own for the most part. Remove the front protective layer. Wrap the little card (or a credit card) with the microfiber and push out any remaining bubbles. You're done! If you did everything correctly not only will your screen protector be perfectly aligned but you will have no bubbles.
    Can someone link me one?

just do search on ebay.
    Here's a link to the one I bought.

Disclaimer: Not actually bulletproof.

Note: You don't have to buy from this link if you don't want to - it posts from China, so it may take a very long time for most people. Try searching for a tempered glass screen protector locally first.
    Thanks, where in Bangalore did you get it done and how much did you pay?

Sorry for the late reply. At Koramangla 5th Block near Tibetian Mall.