Can i root my note 3?

Search This thread

Fizie

Jan 28, 2013
I just got my note 3 today... can i root it? i try to google it but i didnt found the anwser that ive been looking for... help me pleasee... below is my screenshot of my os... and if i can root it how? Can any1 share a link for me... :confused::confused:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392896115206.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392896115206.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 167

xuweisheng

Apr 9, 2011
I would say yes if you don't mind to trip off the knox flag.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

try this link before?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2466423

[SM-N900*] CF-Auto-Root

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
http://www.droidreport.com/how-root-samsung-galaxy-note-3-running-android-442-kitkat-xxuenb3-6273 here you go :D good luck having any fun with Knox though. That is your version to. SM-N9005. You will trip Knox with this. Which you can't change back :banghead:

BTW not liable for any bricks that occur. You are choosing to make these modifications your self and I can't help if you turn your phone into a useless brick.
Good luck.
Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

Fizie

Jan 28, 2013
http://www.droidreport.com/how-root-samsung-galaxy-note-3-running-android-442-kitkat-xxuenb3-6273 here you go :D good luck having any fun with Knox though. That is your version to. SM-N9005. You will trip Knox with this. Which you can't change back :banghead:

BTW not liable for any bricks that occur. You are choosing to make these modifications your self and I can't help if you turn your phone into a useless brick.
Good luck.

ohh my sorry for my 1million question... but what is KNOX?? looks like note 3 is much more complex than s3 huh? :( i want to use custom rom....

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Knox is the security precaution behind Samsung now. Its just basically saying you rooted your phone. Does your phone come with a locked bootloader or are you unlocked by default? Knox will also stop you from downgrading. If you try your phone is straight dead... But you should be able to use safesteap I think.... I think safe strap is out for this one. I can see if I can find it if you would like...

Fizie

Jan 28, 2013
Knox is the security precaution behind Samsung now. Its just basically saying you rooted your phone. Does your phone come with a locked bootloader or are you unlocked by default? Knox will also stop you from downgrading. If you try your phone is straight dead... But you should be able to use safesteap I think.... I think safe strap is out for this one. I can see if I can find it if you would like...

oh i believe my note 3 is factory unlocked... omg now im scared hahahah by rooting my phone there is chance for me to brick it?

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
oh i believe my note 3 is factory unlocked... omg now im scared hahahah by rooting my phone there is chance for me to brick it?

Well think, there's always a chance to brick any device. I thought I bricked my phone :p I was stuck in a massive bootloop a few weeks ago. lol. But as long as you follow instructions you should be okay :) Just read, read, and read the instructions over and over, are you on Verizon? If so you have a locked bootloader. Nobody has found a way to bypass the bootloader like the G2 has with the loki flash. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But for right now, the only thing that the Note 3 has is safestrap. Which someone correct me if I'm wrong again. Before you do anything, do you care about voiding the warranty??

Reactions: Fizie

Ninimo

Jan 28, 2014
Pasay City
Just trip the knox counter and install custom ROM then you can use your NOTE 3 at its full potential. I would also suggest to root using cf-autoroot via Odin Mode. Worked every time for me. Good luck on rooting.

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Just trip the knox counter and install custom ROM then you can use your NOTE 3 at its full potential. I would also suggest to root using cf-autoroot via Odin Mode. Worked every time for me. Good luck on rooting.

It's not really advisable to tell people to "Just trip the knox counter and install custom ROM" when they have just got the device and have a lot to read up on still. - Especially when the first question they ask is "Can I root my Note 3?"

It's easier regardless of your opinon or anyone else's to let the OP know the facts, the risks and the issues that may come and let them decide. :good:

Welcome to XDA also :)

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
It's not really advisable to tell people to "Just trip the knox counter and install custom ROM" when they have just got the device and have a lot to read up on still. - Especially when the first question they ask is "Can I root my Note 3?"

It's easier regardless of your opinon or anyone else's to let the OP know the facts, the risks and the issues that may come and let them decide. :good:

I just helped him, he's rooted now. Running I think devinci ROM with aosp theme. Then with CWM as recovery. :)

Reactions: radicalisto

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well think, there's always a chance to brick any device. I thought I bricked my phone :p I was stuck in a massive bootloop a few weeks ago. lol. But as long as you follow instructions you should be okay :) Just read, read, and read the instructions over and over, are you on Verizon? If so you have a locked bootloader. Nobody has found a way to bypass the bootloader like the G2 has with the loki flash. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But for right now, the only thing that the Note 3 has is safestrap. Which someone correct me if I'm wrong again. Before you do anything, do you care about voiding the warranty??
    Would also suggest to go to settings and make sure re-activation lock is set to "OFF" before flashing...

I just helped him, he's rooted now. Running I think devinci ROM with aosp theme. Then with CWM as recovery. :)

:good: