FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Boot Issue - Stuck at lockscreen - Reboot

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By m4rk84, Senior Member on 10th January 2013, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey,

I'm trying to fix a wildfire for a family member, I've full wiped and reflashed the RUU. It's on hboot .01.
The phone boots up but it takes a long time, it eventually reaches the lockscreen and the whole phone is unresponsive. Eventually the display dims and after even more time it just reboots.

My plan was to s-off, install custom recovery and flash any custom rom to see if it fixed the issue. Unfortunately the revolutionary tool will not recognise the phone. Nor will unrevoked.

Any suggestions on the matter would be fantastic.

Cheers

10th January 2013, 10:40 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk84

Hey,

I'm trying to fix a wildfire for a family member, I've full wiped and reflashed the RUU. It's on hboot .01.
The phone boots up but it takes a long time, it eventually reaches the lockscreen and the whole phone is unresponsive. Eventually the display dims and after even more time it just reboots.

My plan was to s-off, install custom recovery and flash any custom rom to see if it fixed the issue. Unfortunately the revolutionary tool will not recognise the phone. Nor will unrevoked.

Any suggestions on the matter would be fantastic.

Cheers

well it really depends what you have access to to be honest. you can try to factory reset the device via the bootloader and see if makes any difference to the lag/ any bootloop issues. if you can get access to a xtc clip you can hardware s-off without revolutionary. the add a custom recovery via pc49img.zip method to the bootloader and then your on for custom roms. several small phone unlocking shops have xtc clips and will sell "unlocks" for a much better price than buying the device outright (which i do not recommend as its a LOT to only use once ) But, and xtc clip would solve your issues within 10 minutes
so it depends on what you have access to
The Following User Says Thank You to heavy_metal_man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift heavy_metal_man Ad-Free
10th January 2013, 11:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

well it really depends what you have access to to be honest. you can try to factory reset the device via the bootloader and see if makes any difference to the lag/ any bootloop issues. if you can get access to a xtc clip you can hardware s-off without revolutionary. the add a custom recovery via pc49img.zip method to the bootloader and then your on for custom roms. several small phone unlocking shops have xtc clips and will sell "unlocks" for a much better price than buying the device outright (which i do not recommend as its a LOT to only use once ) But, and xtc clip would solve your issues within 10 minutes

thanks for the reply...yeah I've factory reset it via bootloader (as i cannot get past the lockscreen) but to no avail..not sure i'd want to spend any money using the xtc method...I wonder, perhaps unlocking via htc dev and adding custom recovery image..i wonder..
13th January 2013, 09:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rk84

thanks for the reply...yeah I've factory reset it via bootloader (as i cannot get past the lockscreen) but to no avail..not sure i'd want to spend any money using the xtc method...I wonder, perhaps unlocking via htc dev and adding custom recovery image..i wonder..

You could do that, but you would have to remembered that with s-on the recovery cannot flash the boot partition so after you install a custom rom you will have to reboot to bootloader/fastboot and fastboot flash the boot.IMG from your custom roms .zip file every time. Only this will avoid the.boot loops that would follow

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
8th January 2019, 10:07 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

i have the same problem, only the difference is that my phone have s-off; i tryed to reflash a fresh ruu (froyo), but still long boot and after, lockscreen freezed. what is that...?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)