Help! I'm stuck in the bootloader and I can't get out!

Search This thread

arielphf

Nov 3, 2009
Central PA
I'm unlocking a Verizon xv6800 to try and flash a new rom. This is my older phone but I've flashed it before to stock ROMs with no problems. This time, however, something seems to have gone wrong.

I ran the unlocker Olipro 2.40 and when it got to the point where I was to disable the USB, I went into WMDC and unchecked 'USB' connections just like it told me to, only when the application said to hit any key to continue, it told me:

'Cannot open USB port. Please make sure, that USB connection in Activesync is disabled. Also make sure, that your USB cable is properly connected.'​

Well, I thought I did disable it. The letters 'USB' are showing up in the grey section of the bootloader screen whenever I plug it in, but somehow it's not connecting or something. Can anyone give me some pointers on how I could get this thing out of the bootloader screen on a Vista machine with WMDC? Thanks!

Ariel

arielphf

Nov 3, 2009
Central PA
Well, of course, but at this point I'm sort of stuck with Vista - you know, like those poor saps that got computers with the Millenium Edition?

I tried something that seems to have snapped it out of it's lock, but I didn't exit - and I was wondering if I could get some more helpful information on how to do this with a Vista computer? Are you saying it's not possible?

kkruse

Apr 7, 2008
Austin, TX
Well, of course, but at this point I'm sort of stuck with Vista - you know, like those poor saps that got computers with the Millenium Edition?

I tried something that seems to have snapped it out of it's lock, but I didn't exit - and I was wondering if I could get some more helpful information on how to do this with a Vista computer? Are you saying it's not possible?

Myabe download vmware server, install it, and install winxp into that, share the usb device and try might get you out of it. Its a long way around but it probably would work if done right.

arielphf

Nov 3, 2009
Central PA
Myabe download vmware server, install it, and install winxp into that, share the usb device and try might get you out of it. Its a long way around but it probably would work if done right.

Hmmm... I think it might be easier to try and find an XP machine I could use. So, you are saying that there's not a Vista version of the unlocker Olipro? I've already loaded radios and ROMs using this machine without issue, only unlocking has given me any problem.

Ariel

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
there is no operating system version of anything ppc. It is just that vista causes so many problems many choice to only flash with xp. Ask ryanmogul I seem to remember him using vista maybe.

arielphf

Nov 3, 2009
Central PA
Ok, thanks. That is the information I was looking for. It is very comforting to know there is such expertise in this stuff available here. Thank you for replying in so timely a manner.