[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

Rock-&-Roll-Hedgehog

Jul 7, 2012
Apologies for the dumb question.
I downloaded WUGs groovy toolkit & rooted my Nexus 7. Yay!

Can I use the toolkit to put a ROM on my Nexus 7 as well? I want to take my device back to Jellybean 4.1.2 (with all the extra google crap stripped out except google play store).

love
Mrs Hedgehog

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
Before to ask an answer please think if your answer is enough clear to provide an answer.
Your request is too generic to provide an answer.
You want to upload ROM. Stock or mod? In which way?
Are you sure to read carefully first post? then next write down to jisut did it before to claims if someone suggest to do it.
In the first post is already explained all things that NRT can do.

HugoSilva

So i need help guys, PLEASE!
Today my phone crack the screen, so i have to send them back to get a new screen, altough i must unroot my phone, i did that, i did all the things needed, but at the very end, i must press the power button+the volume up ( that was said in the screen that shows up) , i did that but the only thing that show is a android with a ! . now the phone is on the boot screen and never turn on. ( have waited at least 25min) , help guys, don´t know what to do and i must delivery the phone :(
When ask me for click Power Button+Volume Up i press, the phone restart, and then a red light turn on and on pc the sound that makes when you put a usb and then take it off, that sound is present.
HELP PLEASE GUYS :(

P.s: Sorry for the bad english

Last edited:

barclac

May 19, 2012
Hi ,I've been trying to unroot my phone which is a nexus 5 and flash stock rom ,everything is working OK but when it reboots my phone nrt say's waiting for phone and twrp stays on start ,how long should it take to boot back up again, the last time I tried it took about 20 min and nothing so I just restarted my phone, should I have left it longer, because I've done this many times and everything was fine, I'm on catalysom rom and stock kernel that comes with rom,any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Hi ,I've been trying to unroot my phone which is a nexus 5 and flash stock rom ,everything is working OK but when it reboots my phone nrt say's waiting for phone and twrp stays on start ,how long should it take to boot back up again, the last time I tried it took about 20 min and nothing so I just restarted my phone, should I have left it longer, because I've done this many times and everything was fine, I'm on catalysom rom and stock kernel that comes with rom,any help would be appreciated.
Twrp is the latest version.

macallik

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for the great user-experience via NRT wugfresh. Sent $5 your way after I completed my first root earlier today.

mrjeffery

Dec 3, 2005
Trying to sideload the 2nd developer preview OTA update but unable to download recovery_stock_hammerhead_M_MPZ44Q.img, looks like it's gone from androidfilehost.com. Is there anywhere else I can manually download from?

manymarius73

Aug 23, 2012
Glenn heights
Resolved.

Hi. I know this is gonna be a basic question for ya'll, but I can't figure it out. I'm have a nexus 7 2012, with build number LMY47V. I can't get past the driver installation. I keep getting this error: windows found driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install it: Android Composite ADB Interface. I've been through the steps, but I can't find the problem. Any help is appreciate it.

Last edited:

NLBeev

Jul 4, 2007
Scheveningen
. . . I keep getting this error: windows found driver software but encountered an error while attempting to install it: Android Composite ADB Interface. . .
While connected (N7 - PC) use device manager to update the driver and choose a driver manually (look for driver on PC).

Another option.
Disable existing drivers with remove option.
Look in the directories of NRT for drivers and try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}