[ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Search This thread

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
I am running an old version (4.0.0.4) of CWM with Task 14 ROM.

I did review this thread and others. I see mention of CWM 6.0 and DroidBasement shows CWM 5.5 for the 7510 wifi.

I take it that both of these recoveries work for this ROM. Can I just flash a new (pershoot's 5.5) CWM over my old version, or must I reconfigure Odin for CWM 6 and do it that way? I had to reinstall the PC that I used to originally root this Tab, so I don't have it running at the moment.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
I am running an old version (4.0.0.4) of CWM with Task 14 ROM.

I did review this thread and others. I see mention of CWM 6.0 and DroidBasement shows CWM 5.5 for the 7510 wifi.

I take it that both of these recoveries work for this ROM. Can I just flash a new (pershoot's 5.5) CWM over my old version, or must I reconfigure Odin for CWM 6 and do it that way? I had to reinstall the PC that I used to originally root this Tab, so I don't have it running at the moment.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

U should be able to flash cwm over top of itself so to speak. Or use cwm to install a different version of cwm. Yea, I think so. Best to just try it. Odin will save u if u get into trouble. But I've flashed ROMs that had a new version of cwm included, and the cwm flashed to the device just fine, so I would say give it a go, and let us know the results. ;)

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
My test of booting into CWM to test going from 4.0.0.4 to 5.5 in recovery did not function.

I guess I will need to configure ADB and Odin to dd it over.

Thanks for the response. I just didn't want to risk a brick on what has become my favorite device.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
My test of booting into CWM to test going from 4.0.0.4 to 5.5 in recovery did not function.

I guess I will need to configure ADB and Odin to dd it over.

Thanks for the response. I just didn't want to risk a brick on what has become my favorite device.

Sorry for the poor advice. :eek: Won't take long with Odin, then flash this ROM, and ull have a beautifully functioning tab again! ;) again, sorry for the bad advice.

Last edited:

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Sorry for the poor advice. :eek: Won't take long with Odin, then flash this ROM, and ull have a beautifully functioning tab again! ;) again, sorry for the bad advice.

No worries, bro. I appreciate the consult and all of your hard work.

I said that I wasn't going to upgrade my Tab until Jelly Bean was ready on it. It appears that the time has come.

pathuri97

Nov 11, 2010
Bangalore
First impression

I just installed the new build.

First impression...verygood.
Every thing is working fine.

Will test for more time and report.:victory:

Flashed A1kernel 1.7.5... smooth & fast!
So far no issues.
Everything is working fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: triptosyll

zerong

Nov 10, 2011
Just two questions before flash (secure mode :) ) :

Do i need to have an official US ICS bootloader on my galaxy tab 10 " wifi before flashing this rom . I have actually ICS task rom based on an android 4.0.4 XXLPH Firmware (UK firmware) . It seem, in some topics , some rolling screen if not good bootloader ?!?

i read this in pershoot droidbasement on last cyanogenmod 10 release :

"For P4WIFI UK: You must be on the US ICS bootloader (odin .tar.md5 inside the .zip in the folder), otherwise you may incur a rolling screen"

So , is this rom based on cyanogenmod rom 10 US ? so it is necessary to flash us bootloader ?!?

And my version of cwm is 5504 ! it is enough to flash this rom ?

Thanks a lot

edit : it seem Android 4.2 is out and optimised for tablets . Perhaps i have to wait a moment :)

Last edited:

wayneza

Oct 15, 2008
Durban
Flippin good!

I'm quite new to custom roms, loaded this the other night and nearly shot my stack! Well done! :D

Question though, I can't seem to get my corporate mail configured? Is there a know issue there? I tried searching this thread for any comments on it, but never had any luck. I've tried your latest release (aokp_p4_unofficial_Nov-12-12.zip) and latest gapps (plus the previous version).

Shot! Keep up the good work!

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx

So far no issues.

Which version of Tab is that kernel for???? Or is it for all tabs??? How well does it run compared to stock kernel??? Any benefits in switching kernels from stock to A1???? Sorry for all the questions. Not familiar with A1 kernel....

Thanks

pathuri97

Nov 11, 2010
Bangalore
Which version of Tab is that kernel for???? Or is it for all tabs??? How well does it run compared to stock kernel??? Any benefits in switching kernels from stock to A1???? Sorry for all the questions. Not familiar with A1 kernel....

Thanks

I'm using P4 (P4 7500 3G version).
A1 kernel latest build - A1-p4-1.7.5-3G.zip.

A1 is available for all versions... pl check the site.

I' feeling smoother & faster and you can change the CPU to 1500.
No problems... switching from stock to A1.

However, pl use it at your own risk.
No gaurantee for brick.

zerong

Nov 10, 2011
Is it possible to know on what cyanogenmod date version this rom is based please ? i cant see it in fisrt post !

Thanks

ps :
flash cwm 6015 OK
flash bootloader US OK

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Is it possible to know on what cyanogenmod date version this rom is based please ? i cant see it in fisrt post !

Thanks

ps :
flash cwm 6015 OK
flash bootloader US OK

This is AOKP not CM.....If you want to know what version of AOKP this is and change logs, visit the official AOKP site. This rom is just a recompile of the official rom......

Word.......

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro

So far no issues.

I flashed the vzw version; calendar is working and google search is also working. Very smooth. Great work triptosyll.

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
Woo hoo! Reporting success in migrating from Honeycomb to Jelly Bean!

And, without losing sdcard data like books and photos.

I found the Samsung drivers (easiest was with the Kies download for Windows). Installed the new version of Odin3. That got me to see the tab on USB. Flashed CWM 6 from pershoot's tarball located in the P7510 directory on droidbasement.Just a note, it was just named recovery.tar.md5, yet when flashed it was CWM 6. Remove the .md5 from the tail, and push it via Odin to the Tab in Download mode.

The hardest part was getting the Win7 x64 PC to see my Task 14 tablet on the USB. I tried all sorts of different drivers and settings, even installing the hideous Kies. Eventually I could mount it, and copy over the .zip files to flash.

Seems good, so far. I like that the Play store will now just install everything you have associated with your account. So, my app recovery is automated.

Now to play and evaluate! Gotta get my Angry Birds Star Wars back!

pathuri97

Nov 11, 2010
Bangalore
Tweaking build.prop?

Any one interested in tweaking build.prop?

I have added some tweaks to build.prop collected from various XDA sites.
Seems to be working fine.
I have ZERO effort other than collecting and adding from other sites.
Thanks to all the developers.

Pl go through the below web sites to get more info.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631092

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1685342

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1697040

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588439

I just collected and added the same to build.prop.

Attached sample file which I'm using. (Not able to attach..attach not working. Can somebody tell me how to attach a file)

NB : Wipe Cache & Dalvik cache in Recovery after updating the build.prop file & reboot

As usual - NO RESPONSIBILITY for BRICKING the TABLET and any other issues.
Some build.prop entries might cause some issue. Pl be aware of the same.
Use at your own risk.

File attached. Pl unzip to get build.prop file.
Pl copy original build.prop file to something build.org.prop.
Move the new file to /system and change permissions/ownership as per other files in system folder. Rename the file to build.prop.

Attachments

• aokp_mod.build.prop.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: folgui

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Any one interested in tweaking build.prop?

I have added some tweaks to build.prop collected from various XDA sites.
Seems to be working fine.
I have ZERO effort other than collecting and adding from other sites.
Thanks to all the developers.

Pl go through the below web sites to get more info.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631092

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1685342

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1697040

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588439

I just collected and added the same to build.prop.

Attached sample file which I'm using. (Not able to attach..attach not working. Can somebody tell me how to attach a file)

NB : Wipe Cache & Dalvik cache in Recovery after updating the build.prop file & reboot

As usual - NO RESPONSIBILITY for BRICKING the TABLET and any other issues.
Some build.prop entries might cause some issue. Pl be aware of the same.
Use at your own risk.

When you reply to a thread, there is an Additional Options section below the reply, "Attach Files."

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Is anyone having any FC's at all? I haven't heard anything, so I'm thinking everything is running smoothly, but I need to know for sure before I remove the *known issues* on the OP. Thx guys! :thumbup:

Reactions: jangst123

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
Is anyone having any FC's at all? I haven't heard anything, so I'm thinking everything is running smoothly, but I need to know for sure before I remove the *known issues* on the OP. Thx guys! :thumbup:

I don't have any fc, but I noticed that wifi started to behave oddly- if connects for a couple of minutes, then disconnects and won't reconnect again until it is not toggled off and on again.

I put near it other devices and they have solid connection, put tab close to router etc so quite sure it is not router problem.

Reboot didn't seem to help.

Until yesterday (or the day before, don't remember) wifi was rock solid, but I can't think of any reason why one version of gapps or another can cause something like this, so it can be of course a problem of my own... Will try to start freezing user apps and non necessary stuff to try nailing what's causing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build I compiled of AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 p4vzw, p4, and p4wifi. All credit goes to the AOKP team, and the CM team. Its their code, i just compiled it, and got it to build for the tab. This is strictly unofficial. As far as I know, there isn't a jellybean AOKP build for this device, so here some AOKP goodness. I have added a few touches of my own. Nothing major. Little changes. Not enough to call it anything but AOKP though. :D:D

The usual applies, flash at your own risk. If you drown in the tub tonight cuz u flashed this rom, don't come crying to me!!

This rom runs Pershoot's kernel, version 3.1

How to flash:

1. Download the rom:

p4

p4vzw

p4wifi

2. Gapps (All thanks to Kill Droid Hack for packaging it and his work on it up to that point, sharingan92 for his thread i got it from, and all the amazing people who attacked the 4.2 and tore that s**t up! You guys rock!!)

3. MAKE A NANDROID!!

4. Please do a full Wipe of data, cache, and dalvik

5. Flash rom

6. Flash gapps

7. Reboot

Enjoy!

Changes:

*Added the 4.2 keyboard
    *The 4.2 Gapps
    *Changed the color of the data arrows(I couldn't ever see the gray on gray)

THANKS TO:
    All the CM guys!
    All the AOKP guys!
    Pershoot for his kernel work, and his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Romanbb for his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Lithid-cm for helping me through the rough spots of learning the android build system!

Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can try and implement a fix. :D:D

EDIT: Known Bugs:
    *Swagger wallpapers FC
    *Rom Control->Vibrations FC :confused:

I am sorry to say, this is on the way back burner for me for quite a while. My wife and I are 7 mos. pregnant with our 3rd child, and its our first girl! We are excited, and extremely busy. I will, however, if u have the knowledge, be willing to go over the process with someone, show them how I did what I did. Im sorry guys, but hope that u can still enjoy the rom. If I get back into it, whenever that may be, I will definitely come back here. U guys have been great! Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
    Iol sorry bro are you affirming that u can make calls? Cause u have question marks after you responses lol.... does anyone know if e dial pad tones work in a call for checking voicemail? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe any of the calling works. Anyone that DOES have calling working, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its not working. I don't know why, and I can't know why without a logcat.

I will only say this one more time.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOGCAT OF YOUR PROBLEM, I WILL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NO SUPPORT!

I don't see how people assume that I just KNOW what's going on with your tab. U have to provide me with info. And not just "my phone calls won't work". This is where logcat comes in. Its the computer output during the time of the problem. Your diagnosis means nothing. Logcat is god. This is why there is a ten post limit before your allowed to post in the dev section. Its to get people accustomed to the way things are done, and how problems are addressed and fixed. If u don't have a logcat, please do not post about any of your problems. Sorry to sound like a ****, but I have a life, and I don't want to spend hours trying to diagnose a problem that would have taken ten minutes to fix had YOU taken ten minutes to give me the proper info.

I'm not saying I CAN fix it either. I'm just saying, if ud like me to try, please provide the needed info.

Thank u. And I'm really NOT an asshole. I just am getting sick of everyone acting like their problem means so much, but 3/4 of the people who have used this ROM haven't even used the damned thank u button. The ONLY thing that the devs in this community get are measly thank u's, and half u guys can't even do that. And on top of it, u demand fixes to problems, and won't even bother to look at the rules. :banghead:

If u want help, please be courteous, and provide a logcat and the version of the ROM u downloaded.

Now, back to solving issues. :)
    Hit me. I'll see what I can do.
    Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

I should b able to build it for both of those tabs. Gimme a bit today. Takes me 2 1/2 hours to build, and I won't b able to start till after work. I'll get back to u guys tho.

using additional software to tune the touchscreen did nothing (or at least I did not see any improvement). however, please be noted that I also did not experiment any type of lags, so that should make me a 'member' of elite....

as suggestion, triptosyll, maybe you can give your ROM an name and start using some type of version control....

No, its not my ROM. I'm doing nothing to source. Its strictly aokp. The version of the ROM is the same version as the version of aokp from the same date. If u wanna know what version it is, check the date on the build, and find out what build number it is that aokp was on at the same time. :thumbup:

As a note, guys. I will not b compiling a 4.2 version of this for a while. I know source is there, and that I could, but there are so many bugs in it that I'm not about to deal with 200 posts about FC's, random reboots, apps not working, etc. When things get ironed out, I'll get u guys some more fresh stuff. :)